The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

I can't believe I tried to trade for this guy. What happened to him? I thought it was just Baker, but watching last night he made so many mistakes.

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

High pick, low production. But that has been the story for several players. It's the way the cookie crumbles. Imagine the Todd Gurley owners. 

OBJ and Gurley were my most expensive auction players (22% and 17.5%)...

I didn't love either coming into the season, but at the time and compared to guys I had in the same range, I felt the need to bid because the values were to good for the possible return they could provide.

Hasn't really worked out that way, but been lucky in that league (and Lamar Jackson has worked out fantastically).

Let's see what he does from here out.  Schedule opens up, and if your team has survived to this point with his production as it's been, could provide a nice boost in the playoff run if things come together 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

Blame the QB all you want but OBJ is not getting open and hes dropping a ton of passes.

He almost dropped that 40 yarder on the first drive 

Bad luck, although you can tell the chemistry isn't there yet. Inches from a TD that was initially called, then caught another potential TD out of bounds by half a yard, and the bubble screen where he was shoestring-tackled, which was a great play by the CB while being washed out by a lineman, looked like a house call as well. Sucks for FF owners, but at this point I'm willing to bet they will absolutely force the ball to him in the RZ against the Fins until he gets a TD.

• Like 2

I felt so good when he had the non-touchdown.   Even after it was called back.

Ok...a few minutes in and Beckham with 7 points.   So he's at least getting a couple more receptions each quarter.   So the 7 ppr points plus at least 6 more receptions and a conservative 5 yards per.  Easily ends up with 16 points right?

On 7/28/2019 at 10:15 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

I draft 2nd so I wont be getting him/ have a dog in this fight. What amazes me, is how many sites rankings have him as a top 5 wr. For me he is not a safe pick and I would rather have evans, brown, and ju ju over him.

Reasons:

1. Competition for targets landry, callaway, higgins, and njoku. He was the alphadog in NY, now lots capable of mouths to feed. 

2. Cleveland has a better def than NYG which would keep games close and if you look at his schedule l only see 4 games where they will have to keep up with tough offenses.

3. New team, new system, this often does not bode well for wrs.

4. He got paid with lots of guaranteed, could be positive or negative. 

Told you so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Told you so.

You told us to draft Antonio Brown and JuJu ahead of Beckham?  Not at all sure why you are bragging about this...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Told you so.

Hmm. Juju and Brown? How is that working out? I think if you listed Baker sucking , Kitchens sucking,  and the scheme sucking, being the reasons, I would give you credit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SharkSwimmer said:

You told us to draft Antonio Brown and JuJu ahead of Beckham?  Not at all sure why you are bragging about this...

And about those "competition for targets/Cleveland has a good defense" thing...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Told you so.

On 7/28/2019 at 10:15 PM, nmartinez12443 said:

I draft 2nd so I wont be getting him/ have a dog in this fight. What amazes me, is how many sites rankings have him as a top 5 wr. For me he is not a safe pick and I would rather have evans, brown, and ju ju over him.

nice call.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, affliction said:

But he didn't... I also do not see the "tons of balls" that he dropped this game. Hyperbole? I saw a QB who was not on the same page as his receiver. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, K197040 said:

nice call.  

Huh? JuJu has been garbage, and Brown has not even played a meaningful down in months. Get real. You should have just highlighted Evans and edited out JuJu and Brown so that this looks better. 

5 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Huh? JuJu has been garbage, and Brown has not even played a meaningful down in months. Get real. You should have just highlighted Evans and edited out JuJu and Brown so that this looks better. 

oh yeah...you're right...what was I thinking

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Full disclosure guys: ROS I'm gonna be wondering what round I can get this guy in next year's draft if they fire Kitchens and get a couple linemen.

So...inches away from a 3TD game.  Shades of Diggs against GB.  The big games are coming.

And no Miles Garrett means the Browns will have a much tougher time stopping their opponents from scoring, and will have to pass more as a result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So...inches away from a 3TD game.  Shades of Diggs against GB.  The big games are coming.

And no Miles Garrett means the Browns will have a much tougher time stopping their opponents from scoring, and will have to pass more as a result.

That’s a decent point about Garrett.  I was thinking their DB would miss a game or two with that hit on Johnson but I haven’t seen anything yet.

10 hours ago, affliction said:

His hands didnt look that good in the game for sure.

4 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

OP doesn't need to be perfect on every call in order to have a good argument about Odell. The analysis for why Odell may have been likely to underperform was spot on.

11 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

High pick, low production. But that has been the story for several players. It's the way the cookie crumbles. Imagine the Todd Gurley owners. 

It isn’t hard for me to imagine. I own both. Just for more punishment Drafted AJ green and on Ir all season and lately on and off my IR for more stress. Lucky me losing Conner last night to add to my roster management fun in the future. People wonder why I drink too much. 

22 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

It isn’t hard for me to imagine. I own both. Just for more punishment Drafted AJ green and on Ir all season and lately on and off my IR for more stress. Lucky me losing Conner last night to add to my roster management fun in the future. People wonder why I drink too much. 

Hang in there, chief.  There's always next year.  Can't predict injuries.

My teams have stayed pretty healthy, but the players underperformed and I made some unfortunate sit/start decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Hang in there, chief.  There's always next year.  Can't predict injuries.

My teams have stayed pretty healthy, but the players underperformed and I made some unfortunate sit/start decisions.

Agreed - OBJ is an easy hold in Dynasty.

3 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Agreed - OBJ is an easy hold in Dynasty.

Just traded for him in a dynasty league...No for this year but next