The 7th Beatles

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

How do they determine it was the WR fault?

PFF analysts also watch game tape

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

I'm waiting for NASA to explain. Until then will retain OBJ under a new coach, which these "experts" say won't make a difference. That's fine - show me.

"There have been five interceptions thrown by Mayfield when targeting Beckham this season and six when throwing in Jarvis Landry’s direction."

Looks like its more of a QB problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

He’s a strong personality and I’ve spoken strongly about him in this thread.  He demands targets or he causes distractions.  That’s a fact.  There’s film, audio etc.  He expects passes to be forced to him like all diva WRs do, past and present.  He showed again this season he’s more bark than bite.  You won’t ever win a ton of games, or go deep in playoffs paying loser a** personalities like Odell Beckham much money.  Cleveland has fired Kitchens.  Next order of business is seeing if someone will give up a 4th or 5th for Beckham.  Doubt it, but worth a shot.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

I think they have people watching game tape. who knows. PFF is kind of weird, they offer interesting stats though.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

He’s a strong personality and I’ve spoken strongly about him in this thread.  He demands targets or he causes distractions.  That’s a fact.  There’s film, audio etc.  He expects passes to be forced to him like all diva WRs do, past and present.  He showed again this season he’s more bark than bite.  You won’t ever win a ton of games, or go deep in playoffs paying loser a** personalities like Odell Beckham much money.  Cleveland has fired Kitchens.  Next order of business is seeing if someone will give up a 4th or 5th for Beckham.  Doubt it, but worth a shot.

I was just curious about how they determine what target is the WRs fault and what is the QBs. I don’t disagree about what you said though. 

1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

I was just curious about how they determine what target is the WRs fault and what is the QBs. I don’t disagree about what you said though. 

Generally speaking the way most analysts determine it is with balls that are deemed as catchable . Some may also take into consideration things like does the wr run the proper routes on a play and are they where they should be for that play when the ball arives 

Pff analysts have their models and they also use film to grade players, so it's not a random process. They have their methodologies the same as every sports analytics company has their own methodologies. They also hire former coaches and scouts.

The difference with PFF is they are owned by Chris Collingsworth who has used his high profile position to  help PFF acquire partnerships and contracts with all of the NFL teams to use their services.  This gives them a huge advantage over other sites who simply create models to crunch numbers on free data provided by the NFL.

• Thanks 1