Sign in to follow this  
kornball

Drop Fournier/Nance/Ingles for Otto Porter Jr?

I've played fantasy basketball for several years, but it's easily the sport I know the least about. I'm currently in 2nd place of a 10 team 8 category roto league. Someone recently dropped Otto Porter. Is he worth burning my #2 waiver claim and dropping either Fournier/Ingles/Nance? I've read people expect Porter to do well with Wall out...

The rest of my lineup is:

PG - Lillard

SG - Booker

SF - Fournier

PF - Tobias Harris

C - Embiid

G - Middleton

F - Aaron Gordon

Util - Vucevic, Dunn, Nance

Bench - Gary Harris, Joe Ingles, Robert Covington

Leave a link, and I'll do my best to help in return. Thanks!

I'd drop Fournier or Nance for him in a heartbeat. I might hesitate a bit with Ingles but I still think Porter is the more valuable fantasy asset. 

That said, your league settings are a factor. If it's standard 8 or 9-cat it's a no-brainer. Points leagues or other leagues with non-standard scoring might complicate that a bit but probably not much. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input! It's an 8 category league (fg%, ft%, assists, rebounds, 3pm, steals, blocks, points).

I feel Ingles is one of those under-the-radar guys who provides solid value given his draft position, so I'll likely hold onto him.

Would you lean one way or the other between Fournier and Nance?

20 hours ago, kornball said:

Thanks for the input! It's an 8 category league (fg%, ft%, assists, rebounds, 3pm, steals, blocks, points).

I feel Ingles is one of those under-the-radar guys who provides solid value given his draft position, so I'll likely hold onto him.

Would you lean one way or the other between Fournier and Nance?

Fournier and Nance offer different stats from each other so it depends on what you think your team needs more. Other than that I don’t think it matters too much; Otto should be an upgrade over both 

• Like 1

I'd give up Fournier.  You're pretty much set on treys.  Nance will have some weird looking games (like, low efficiency and points) but he's so versatile that it's impossible to drop him, especially since I'm strongly doubting Love does much this season.

Yes, Otto gains value without Wall.

Bear in mind that Otto loses quite a bit of value in 8-cat, since his value comes from efficiency (esp TOs).

• Like 1

Fournier then nance

OPJ is worth burning waiver claim.. goodluck, OPJ is hot right now.. hope the #1 is also not claiming hehe 

• Like 1