Carlos Correa

Green Bay Packers 2019 Outlook

Packers def looks legit.  People rolling them out there against philly this week or streaming for better options?

I streamed them for the doncos and considering leaving them in for the Eagles.  Could be a Thursday stinker and there’s not any standout streamers on the wire.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I streamed them for the doncos and considering leaving them in for the Eagles.  Could be a Thursday stinker and there’s not any standout streamers on the wire.

I agree with the potential of a Thursday night stinker. Streaming them this week in spite of the matchup. 

They've looked so good, I may stop streaming altogether. Very glad I picked them up early. Looks like the breakout defensive unit. Any team that gets pressure on the QB and takeaways at this clip is matchup proof.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

They've looked so good, I may stop streaming altogether. Very glad I picked them up early. Looks like the breakout defensive unit. Any team that gets pressure on the QB and takeaways at this clip is matchup proof.

Seems like we are all waking up and smelling the coffee.

I just posted this in the D/ST thread a few hours ago -

I'm starting to buy them too.

Petine's 5 down lineman scheme is really proving to be a headache for teams.  They've gone against three shaky QBs, and I'm curious to see how they'll do against Wentz.  But 8 turnovers and 12 sacks in three games combined with the second least amount of points allowed is pretty sweet.  The Smiths, Alexander and Amos seem to be a legit combo, and Martinez, Burks, Clark and Lowry are all solid.

There are some good options to hide them in 5 and 8 (and 11) too.  Thursday should be telling.

I'm playing then. Thursday games have a tendency to suck, I'm thinking its a low scoring game

Never listen to the damn pundits. Should have dropped these guys on Monday. Run D has been a huge issue and it was only a matter of time till it broke open. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Never listen to the damn pundits. Should have dropped these guys on Monday. Run D has been a huge issue and it was only a matter of time till it broke open. 

I fell for it despite my concerns. I even read stuff from people in the know who follow the team and still didn't listen. Now, after it eventually costs me to lose this week I have learned my lesson. 😂 The most gut wrenching part is I can't drop them until Tuesday. Just looking at them when I check my team disgusts me.

I ended up dropping these guys 4 minutes before kickoff.  The desperation factor of the Eagles vs the fat cat 3-0 Packers gave me the willies.  Plus that awful YPC rush defense was worrisome.

Depending on the severity of Adam's toe they might give up a draft pick to bring more WR talent in

Back to the well 😢

I was really tempted to pick them up and play them (surprisingly they were available in one league).  Za'darius Smith's knee injury made me nervous it would limit his effectiveness.  Also, the points the Eagles gave up to fantasy D's earlier was due in large part to how many injuries to they had on offense, leading to more turnovers from lesser players.  Carson Wentz was graded really high by Profootballfocus for his play the first 3 weeks, plus their offensive line being one of their highest graded lines and Alshon coming back, I just felt they would play much better than they had.  There was just too much risk for me this week. 

Bad run defense (like the Packers) doesn't have to kill a fantasy defense, if they are build with a great pass defense.  Once they get a lead, they can get their pass rush on and create turnovers (1st 3 weeks of the season). 

As with most fantasy defenses, the Pack will be matchup dependent.   

Edited by rocket

Been sitting with a negative score total since Thursday night, Sunday can't get here soon enough.

I picked them up week 2 and bought into the hype after back to back strong showings. That coupled with a pretty weak defensive talent pool in FA and I rolled the dice.

Snake eyes.