Ffguy0087

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Yeah, let’s hate on this guy.  He’s only put up 6 straight 1k yard seasons in his career.  🤦🏻‍♂️

I'm not "hating on" him, but let's face facts; hes had seven weeks with 12 or less full PPR points, including four with 4, 0, 9 and 9 and three of them have come right in a row to close out the FF regular season. If you're psyched about that, then I dont know what to tell you. I understand why people are frustrated. 

28 minutes ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Yeah, let’s hate on this guy.  He’s only put up 6 straight 1k yard seasons in his career.  🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, let's hate this on this guy. He's only the most inconsistent maddeningly frustrating player to own.

Micheal Thomas, now that's a WR1.

Evans is just a bum blows up vs trash defenses but does nothing ROS. He's pure garbage.

It’s easy to make it to 1000 yards when you put up 568 of those yards in three games. It was fun winning those three weeks by 60 points. If only there were some way to carry some of those points over to Week 15, when he’s going to turn 12 targets into 48 yards and no TD.

3 hours ago, eg4190 said:

It’s easy to make it to 1000 yards when you put up 568 of those yards in three games. It was fun winning those three weeks by 60 points. If only there were some way to carry some of those points over to Week 15, when he’s going to turn 12 targets into 48 yards and no TD.

Drop him then. 

Wonder how many people were bounced out of the playoffs in part to this guy putting up duds outside of 3-4 games. Either puts up 40 in 0.5 PPR or pretty much single digits. 

He's the 5th highest wr in scoring.  What a joke.  The dude has 3 top 10 finishes this year.  He has been below a wr3 in 8 weeks.  8 weeks out of 12 he has been a bust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, edREED said:

Has there ever been a more boom or bust player than this?

Put him and Aaron Jones on the same team and you win by 80 one week only to lose by 60 the next. Sigh.

Not his fault for the bad games. I watched the TB game this past weekend. QB JW was trying to get Evans a TD and targeted him at least 4 times for TDs. Problem? JW was off target. Evans was wide open on a deep double move and JW way over threw him. The really fraked up part of that game is that they ran in two RB scores. Evans is not the problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edREED said:

Amari comes to mind previous seasons. And Doug Martin.

I'm guessing those panning Evans are in 8-team leagues. For the rest of us, he's a fine player to have on the roster. You can expect about 12 points from him in full PPR any given day, and then on occasion he'll blow up and score like 40 points. I'm fine with that in my 20-team league.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, edREED said:

Tyler Lockett comes to mind. I have both 😂 it's great fun and I go through a whole TUMS bottle per week. Needless to say, they feel due when its about to matter most.

Very few WR have the weekly upside of Evans. He is a guy you want on your team for the fantasy playoffs. 

Weeks 14-17 last year he put up over 400 yds and 3 TDs. Sure helped plenty teams last year win a championship. 

4 hours ago, Jags02 said:

I'm guessing those panning Evans are in 8-team leagues. For the rest of us, he's a fine player to have on the roster. You can expect about 12 points from him in full PPR any given day, and then on occasion he'll blow up and score like 40 points. I'm fine with that in my 20-team league.

More often the he will get you <10. Unless you play season long, averaging points by game doesn't really work. This is a dude you meed to look at the mode, not the median of. Yaya elementarty school statistics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fantasymad said:

Very few WR have the weekly upside of Evans. He is a guy you want on your team for the fantasy playoffs. 

Weeks 14-17 last year he put up over 400 yds and 3 TDs. Sure helped plenty teams last year win a championship. 

If his blowup games vs 10> game splits were 1:1 it would still be risky, but hes had 6 out of 12 games played with 10 points or less, including a zero and a 4. He just got 9 full PPR points on 11 targets. Until Winston goes, it'll always be this way. 

Edited by Mr Rourke

8 hours ago, Jags02 said:

False...his last three games where all under 12 with his 4th game a staggering 12.2

basically he sucks in ppr too. He is a bigger boom Robby Anderson 

9 hours ago, itslarry said:

More often the he will get you <10. Unless you play season long, averaging points by game doesn't really work. This is a dude you meed to look at the mode, not the median of. Yaya elementarty school statistics.

This is what Mike Evans has scored for me each week (bold are weeks over 12 points)...
wk1. 4.8 ... wk2. 10.1 ... wk3. 45.0 ... wk4. 18.9 ... wk5. 0 ... wk6. 22.6 ... wk7. BYE ... wk8. 42.8 ... wk9. 38.0 ... wk10. 12.2 ... wk11. 12.9 ... wk12. 11.0 ... wk13. 9.3.

So, in the first five games he had a couple duds plus another week under 12 points (wks 1, 2 & 5), and the past two weeks he's been under 12 points, but otherwise he's scored at least 12 points in every game with three games up around 40 points.

Edited by Jags02

I love when this thread starts pooping on him, it's been indicative of some pretty nice forthcoming runs.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I love when this thread starts pooping on him, it's been indicative of some pretty nice forthcoming runs.

I agree. JW just wet the bed this last week with 13 or so points. He was off and neither of the two top WRs did anything. It's not like he had max pressure, he was just off. Look for a rebound this week. Watching this past game, as I stated above, JW was clearly trying to get a Evans a TD on several throws, he just could not get the ball in the right place. My gut tells me JW feels he owes Evans a big game.

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:51 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

He sucks. He's going to be so bad these next 3 weeks. 

DROP

DROP

DROP

spacer.png

• Like 1