Ffguy0087

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

On 12/3/2019 at 12:51 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

I love when this thread starts pooping on him, it's been indicative of some pretty nice forthcoming runs.

I am finally giving up and starting a safer floor.

• Haha 1

Just now, hoppychokes said:

GL, I guess.

• Like 4

On 12/3/2019 at 2:51 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

I love when this thread starts pooping on him, it's been indicative of some pretty nice forthcoming runs.

Interesting word choice. This does not sound pleasant. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Interesting word choice. This does not sound pleasant. 

Who doesn't like a good poop joke?

13 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

So, a 12-point floor isn't good enough for you?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

Zero catch - Zero Points is his floor as he has shown us many times

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Safe floor seems like a good way to lose, you gotta go for the ceiling.

I'd have a bye this week if I had given up on Evans weeks ago. Boom bust is a bad strategy in one and done elimination rounds.

41 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

It is, that's why I would rather start someone like Brown/Ekeler/etc. Seeing as how 6 of the 12 games have been under 12 in full PPR, not sure how you consider that his floor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoppychokes said:

Seeing as how 6 of the 12 games have been under 12 in full PPR, not sure how you consider that his floor. 

Exactly. He's terrifying. 

3 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

I'd have a bye this week if I had given up on Evans weeks ago. Boom bust is a bad strategy in one and done elimination rounds.

It is, that's why I would rather start someone like Brown/Ekeler/etc. Seeing as how 6 of the 12 games have been under 12 in full PPR, not sure how you consider that his floor. 

It's only been 5 of 12 (weeks 1, 2, 5, 12 & 13), and three of those were over 9 points. As for his one solitary goose egg, that was more of an aberration back on week 5. I'd rather focus on the 5 of 12 games he scored nearly 19 or more points including three games where he scored 38 or more points.

8 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

It's only been 5 of 12 (weeks 1, 2, 5, 12 & 13), and three of those were over 9 points. As for his one solitary goose egg, that was more of an aberration back on week 5. I'd rather focus on the 5 of 12 games he scored nearly 19 or more points including three games where he scored 38 or more points.

Week 11 he had 10.9 points. His floor is not twelve, still uncertain where you drew that number. I would prefer a higher than 25% chance of higher than waiver wire numbers, if I was severely outgunned in the H2H and needed a hail mary sure. But if you are confident in the rest of your team, why take the risk?

Winstons attempts have also plummeted the last two weeks, I don't expect Arians to let him throw 50 times again this season.

Edited by hoppychokes

Colts elite slot corner, Kenny Moore, ruled out for Sunday. Could mean a big game for Godwin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Flare said:

Colts elite slot corner, Kenny Moore, ruled out for Sunday. Could mean a big game for Godwin. 

All signs pointing to a typical Evans decoy game

2 minutes ago, Flare said:

Thinking this as well.  But they can both eat.   Hopkins and Fuller both had great games against them.  Also the Jags had 4 WR put up points.   Even the Titans to a lesser degree.

But in all three games, the Colts gave up 2 TDs to WR.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Thinking this as well.  But they can both eat.   Hopkins and Fuller both had great games against them.  Also the Jags had 4 WR put up points.   Even the Titans to a lesser degree.

But in all three games, the Colts gave up 2 TDs to WR.

Agree that Evans isn't necessarily a bad play. Apparently he is likely to be shadowed by Pierre Desir, who hasn't been very good.

Though if you're one to think Winston will find the path of least resistance and exploit it mercilessly, then that path would seem to lead to Godwin this week.

11 minutes ago, Flare said:

Agree that Evans isn't necessarily a bad play. Apparently he is likely to be shadowed by Pierre Desir, who hasn't been very good.

Though if you're one to think Winston will find the path of least resistance and exploit it mercilessly, then that path would seem to lead to Godwin this week.

I agree 100%. 

1 hour ago, Flare said:

Where did you get this news?

7 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Zero catch - Zero Points is his floor as he has shown us many times

That happened once stop lying lol

Edited by Cokey

2 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

Week 11 he had 10.9 points. His floor is not twelve, still uncertain where you drew that number. I would prefer a higher than 25% chance of higher than waiver wire numbers, if I was severely outgunned in the H2H and needed a hail mary sure. But if you are confident in the rest of your team, why take the risk?

Winstons attempts have also plummeted the last two weeks, I don't expect Arians to let him throw 50 times again this season.

Evans got me 12.2 points week 11.

I do follow TB. Winston owes Evans some TD love. He tried like hell last week to get him the ball for a TD but just missed on 4 potential TD throws. Winston at home, starting Evans with confidence. Evans is due and JW knows it.

Edited by Blazer
typo