Ffguy0087

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, jccouger said:

Where did you get this news?

It was an assumption by ESPN based on shadow duties he's had earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Rourke said:

Read the chart you posted; week 11 - 4/69 no rushing. Am I missing something?  He had 82 yards in week 10. 

Hmm. I ended up with two additional points that game. I looked to see if maybe he scored a 2-point conversion, but all of the Bucs TDs on the day were 7-pointers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jags02 said:

Hmm. I ended up with two additional points that game. I looked to see if maybe he scored a 2-point conversion, but all of the Bucs TDs on the day were 7-pointers.

Good for you man!  Good luck this wkd. 

3 minutes ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Probably done for the year. Big time bummer.

I guess thanks for giving us his last gift play but yeah- this is gonna suppress his value next year as people will sour on him. It just needs to be known that he needs to be paired with Edelman types but with how deep wide receiver is now I don't think I can afford to have another djax 2.0 on a fantasy team 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Probably done for the year. Big time bummer.

Even if he plays, he will be even more of a decoy

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I guess thanks for giving us his last gift play but yeah- this is gonna suppress his value next year as people will sour on him. It just needs to be known that he needs to be paired with Edelman types but with how deep wide receiver is now I don't think I can afford to have another djax 2.0 on a fantasy team 

Yeah...it’s going to hard to spend high draft picks on WR. Other than Thomas.  Seems like more rookies had good to great first seasons than a long while.   
Evans will be interesting depending on the QB situation.

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I think he will be good in best ball or total points leagues, but in H2H he will be hard to stomach.

Then again, if everyone is this salty he will probably be such a value that he is worth the risk.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

I think he will be good in best ball or total points leagues, but in H2H he will be hard to stomach.

Then again, if everyone is this salty he will probably be such a value that he is worth the risk.

I'd value him at like wr 22-24 next year just based off of volatility. I'd rather win a match by 10-15 consistently vs win the boom weeks by 40-50 and lose because of him. Trying to be objective 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At the end of the day mike Evans was worth a second/third round pick outside of the first 2 games and the one he had zero he was either serviceable or he was in beast mode no need to complain imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'd value him at like wr 22-24 next year just based off of volatility. I'd rather win a match by 10-15 consistently vs win the boom weeks by 40-50 and lose because of him. Trying to be objective 

Objectively, in my league the 22-24 ranked WRs in terms of points scored are Michael Gallup, Robert Woods and Tyler Boyd.

I mean basically what you are saying is that you won't draft him.  Which I understand but am not gonna do the same.

WRs are by nature volatile with maybe five or ten exceptions every year.  You usually can't get two of those guys on your team without sacrificing major at RB, play in a taco league, or are ok with consistent mediocrity (7 points a game is a kind of consistency, I suppose).

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Objectively, in my league the 22-24 ranked WRs in terms of points scored are Michael Gallup, Robert Woods and Tyler Boyd.

I mean basically what you are saying is that you won't draft him.  Which I understand but am not gonna do the same.

WRs are by nature volatile with maybe five or ten exceptions every year.  You usually can't get two of those guys on your team without sacrificing major at RB, play in a taco league, or are ok with consistent mediocrity (7 points a game is a kind of consistency, I suppose).

I'll draft him but just not at the peak of his value. I'll let someone else take him early 3rd round and focus on WR sleepers. Only consistent WR this year was Thomas and that is why you pay the awesome price.

Anyways, let's start the 2020 thread because this guy's season

• Like 1

The dude is WR5 or so. A hamstring injury is not going to affect how high he goes next season. What might affect it more is the QB situation. Will Winston still be there throwing the ball a ton? As much as Winston turns the ball over he's also fantasy gold for his WR's under Arians system.

Evans had some quieter games when Godwin was the main focus but he also had about 3 or 4 monster games where he won you the week almost single handed and was probably on his way to another monster game this weekend until he injured his hamstring.

If you drafted him end of the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd round I think you got what you wanted out of him apart from the unfortunately timed hamstring injury.

Edited by IslandBoy
  • Like 1

If you could pair him with a proper safe pair of hands like DJ Moore who gets you double points every week guaranteed, you'd have a floor you could work with I think. Certainly around the late 2nd early 3rd he'd be worth a nibble. Gives you that boom potential but keeps you protected from the major troughs you know you have to take to get those peaks.

11 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I'll draft him but just not at the peak of his value. I'll let someone else take him early 3rd round and focus on WR sleepers. Only consistent WR this year was Thomas and that is why you pay the awesome price.

Anyways, let's start the 2020 thread because this guy's season

Honestly, I don't think he'll ever fall very far in a draft.   Anyone who has owned him in the past will let him drop.  But there will always likely be owners who've never had the Mike Evans experience and draft him higher. 

Although him not playing the rest of the year might depress this somewhat. 

9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Honestly, I don't think he'll ever fall very far in a draft.   Anyone who has owned him in the past will let him drop.  But there will always likely be owners who've never had the Mike Evans experience and draft him higher. 

Although him not playing the rest of the year might depress this somewhat. 

I'd never let him fall past 2nd round. He's my dude.

giphy.gif

We ride together. We die together. Bad Boys for life!

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2

Thing about Evans is as well is he hardly ever misses games due to injury. He's very durable so this hamstring injury is very much the exception with him. Just bad timing.

This guy reminds me of a better version of Vincent Jackson, who would have the occasional boom with many busts.

He is PPR WR5, has the 3rd most receiving yards in the league (behind Thomas and his teammate Godwin), yet it just doesn't feel like it. 

Three league week winning weeks in week 3, 8, and 9.  The bagel in week 5. The last 5 weeks between 9-13 points. 

Sure, it hasn't been bad.  But it just seems like you should get more from a round 2 pick.  Edelman was drafted probably a little behind Evans, he's PPR4, yet his consistency is so much more valuable than Evans.  I'd take Edelman over either Godwin or Evans next year because I want that consistency and high level performance.

Anyone else relieved that they don’t have to start this guy during the playoffs? All season, the issue had been that his monstrous ceiling made it impossible to sit him, while he was routinely outscored by WR3 types on the bench.

I feel a lot better knowing I can just start Deebo without worrying about missing out on a 40 point Evans game. And similarly, we know we’re getting 0 points from Evans in the playoffs, instead of a couple of his fun 6 point games.

Just now, eg4190 said:

Anyone else relieved that they don’t have to start this guy during the playoffs? All season, the issue had been that his monstrous ceiling made it impossible to sit him, while he was routinely outscored by WR3 types on the bench.

I feel a lot better knowing I can just start Deebo without worrying about missing out on a 40 point Evans game. And similarly, we know we’re getting 0 points from Evans in the playoffs, instead of a couple of his fun 6 point games.

Sorry but this sounds ridiculous to me. I'll takes Evans upside ALL DAY.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1