Ffguy0087

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

why would u start kupp over evans? interesting.....

Most people are ranking Kupp over Evans this week. Kupp #9 and Evans #12 on FantasyPros.

Justin Boone has them at #8 and #13, and he’s one of the best in the biz.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1840735

Kupp is Goff’s favorite target and is going against a TB defense that just got lit up by Daniel Jones.

Evans/Winston on the road at the Rams. I don’t like the matchup. But I’m not benching Evans for a WR3 or anything like that.

Edited by gufomel

4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Most people are ranking Kupp over Evans this week. Kupp #9 and Evans #12 on FantasyPros.

Justin Boone has them at #8 and #13, and he’s one of the best in the biz.

https://www.thescore.com/news/1840735

Kupp is Goff’s favorite target and is going against a TB defense that just got lit up by Daniel Jones.

Evans/Winston on the road at the Rams. I don’t like the matchup. But I’m not benching Evans for a WR3 or anything like that.

I don’t care what any self proclaimed expert says Kupp over Evans is dumb.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

If I have Keenan, Julio, Evans, Nuk, and Kupp, only then would I ever consider sitting Evans. I mean, I do have Kupp on my team. I guess the only comparable would be Julio to Evans. I know I'd never sit Julio unless he was injured. If you have to make a decision between starting Evans or Kupp, then you have rich man's problems.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don’t care what any self proclaimed expert says Kupp over Evans is dumb.

Obviously Evans is the better receiver but for matchup purposes it’s not a dumb move 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In a 3wr, 1 flex full PPR 10 team league I've got Evans, Edelman, Lockett, Boyd and Mclaurin. Pending the injury status of Terry/Keenum, Godwin(I think his  absence from the game might hurt Evans) and Edelman, I may bench Evans this week. 

Not everyone's got viable options, but I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to bench him, pending your matchup. 

Dude's gonna get a boat load of targets, albeit not great quality ones since Donald is gonna be in Winston' face all day, combined with the tough boundary corners. Godwin's probably out as well. I own both Evans and Godwin- not a bad strategy!

Better start him next week. You think this will be allowed to pass in that locker room? Nope. Starting with 100% confidence. You negative Nancies can't get me down on my boy, Mike!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For being a “stud” WR, he gets taken out of games way too easily. Either he’s not quick enough to get separation out of cuts or Winston is afraid to take chances with him so he goes elsewhere

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

For being a “stud” WR, he gets taken out of games way too easily. Either he’s not quick enough to get separation out of cuts or Winston is afraid to take chances with him so he goes elsewhere

They aren't using him right and don't care to get him involved in the game.  They aren't giving him any short stuff and let him draw coverage deeper for underneath. Since he came into the league through last season he is #5 in the NFL in yardage, #4 in TD, #7 in YPR.

Guy is 26!  Godwin is 24 in Feb.  If they can't get Evans involved it is on them. Bunch of morons.

• Like 1

So his ceiling is 190 yards and 3 TDs, and his floor is 0. I’m sad.

Last time Evans was shutout was 9/20/2015.

Last time he had 3 targets?  Same date.

Next worst game was 11/05/2017.  1 reception, 13 yards, 6 targets.

Both games were against the Saints.

23 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Better start him next week. You think this will be allowed to pass in that locker room? Nope. Starting with 100% confidence. You negative Nancies can't get me down on my boy, Mike!

Do you even football bro? Evans is too scared to speak up as he is to get open and catch balls

5 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Last time Evans was shutout was 9/20/2015.

Last time he had 3 targets?  Same date.

Next worst game was 11/05/2017.  1 reception, 13 yards, 6 targets.

Both games were against the Saints.

And he had 11-233-1 against them in 2 games last year. Makes no sense why they wouldn’t give him more chances to make plays. 3 targets??? Geez...

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

And he had 11-233-1 against them in 2 games last year. Makes no sense why they wouldn’t give him more chances to make plays. 3 targets??? Geez...

1 was a 2-3 yarder. 1 (I think this counted as a target) was at the RZ and blocked completed at the LOS. The other was a deep ball in the 4th when the game was over.  Not sure if that second counts as a target and I missed another one in there.