Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

5c343a263c603_Webp.net-resizeimage(1).jpg.fee5c803d1146d7b8eb1952090d13e98.jpg

He teased us as a rookie, and looked absolutely phenomenal at times during year two, consistently making difficult catches seem so effortless. But the Lions offense struggled as a whole with poor offensive line play, injuries to key starters, and a dreadful year by Matt Stafford. All of which contributed to keep Golladays overall production in check. His slash line was still a respectable 70/1,063/5 given the circumstances. When given the proper opportunity Golladay unleashed skills that left you wanting more, and showcased his potential to be a legitimate superstar in this league.

• Like 1

Be interesting to see where he gets drafted. The talent's there. Mid to late fourth round maybe?

Edited by BGDDYKWL

Love what I've seen from Golladay and he's playing with a good enough QB that can get him the ball at all levels of the field.  I'd be much more excited for his 2019 prospects but Matt Patricia is a bozo.  His idea of the right kind of offense is slamming Blount into a brick wall of defenders for 2 yard gains....am very interested to see who they hire as OC.  If it's another retread like Schottenheimer or Roman, then my outlook will not be as great as it should be a young talent like Golladay

Really want him again but I'm afraid he's going to be over-drafted in 2019 and his ADP will be too high.

13 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Really want him again but I'm afraid he's going to be over-drafted in 2019 and his ADP will be too high.

I think w MJones returning and Detriots quiet year where it was a fantasy quagmire...KennyG is only going to be valued by owners who watched him early season.  Id say probably 2/3 of fantasy players dont even know a thing about him bc of the team he plays for.  

and lets keep it that way - lock thread pls :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dylanj said:

perfect high 4th - 5th rounder. Wouldn't pay more than that.

Probably right around $25 in $200 auction. Fair price for a solid fantasy WR2 with WR1 upside

Edited by lvsaint429
  • Like 1

This maybe a general phrase which goes for every player, but...I would only draft him if the price is right.

It's going to be interesting where he is ranked in WR ranking for '19.

9 hours ago, LuckBox1 said:

Rock solid WR1. Monster year incoming.

What I wouldn't give to have your rock solid crystal ball.

To be fair, you called Parket hitting the upright, so there's that.

• Haha 1

Any chance that Golladay can overcome the pass un-happy duo of Patricia and Bevell and put up a big fantasy season?  This dude is really talented and would likely be talked up as a top 10 fantasy WR on most other offenses.  DET with Stafford had been always in or right outside the top 10 in passing yards before last season.  Just naturally there should be some positive regression to the passing norm.  Love the player/talent, don't love the team/situation.

In mock drafts I keep finding myself in a Diggs vs Edelman vs Cooks vs Golladay situation in the 4th round. I keep going Diggs, but I consider Golladay.

5 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Love the player/talent, don't love the team/situation.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, JJ1223 said:

Ya I have him as cheap keeper but am staying away at his ADP. 

• Like 1

Huge Lions fan and I love Kenny G, but like I said a few months ago, I don't think I'll be touching him this year unless he really falls.  Kerryon in his 2nd year with CJA spelling him IMO is going to be one of the better 1-2 RB attacks in the league this year.  Bevell has already as much as stated that he wants to use the run game to set up explosive passing plays.  IMO, that is going to benefit Marvin Jones far more than Kenny.  Kenny is still a beast and still going to get his, but I just don't see him getting enough volume to return 4th or even 5th round value. 

I think Marvin and Kenny end up with really similar numbers at the end of the season.  Marvin is currently going in the 8th, Kenny is going in the 4th.

56 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

This years allen Robinson 

I don't understand the comparison unless you are just stating that you think Golladay's overvalued compared to what Robinson was this time last year. 

Otherwise, Golladay isn't coming off a torn ACL and playing for a new team. 

46 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Huge Lions fan and I love Kenny G, but like I said a few months ago, I don't think I'll be touching him this year unless he really falls.  Kerryon in his 2nd year with CJA spelling him IMO is going to be one of the better 1-2 RB attacks in the league this year.  Bevell has already as much as stated that he wants to use the run game to set up explosive passing plays.  IMO, that is going to benefit Marvin Jones far more than Kenny.  Kenny is still a beast and still going to get his, but I just don't see him getting enough volume to return 4th or even 5th round value. 

I think Marvin and Kenny end up with really similar numbers at the end of the season.  Marvin is currently going in the 8th, Kenny is going in the 4th.

Just curious as to why you think that Marvin Jones is going to benefit far more than Kenny G from a DET offensive emphasis on explosive passing plays?  Both of their career Average YPC are similar (15.0 for Marvin and 15.7 for Kenny G) and Kenny's was higher than Marvin last season (15.2 vs 14.5). I think he would benefit just as much, if not more.

9 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

I don't understand the comparison unless you are just stating that you think Golladay's overvalued compared to what Robinson was this time last year. 

Otherwise, Golladay isn't coming off a torn ACL and playing for a new team. 

Lol I just get a similar vibe from them. Could mean anything really. Could mean he has some solid weeks then gets injured, causing his adp to be very low the next year. Could mean he blow up for 14 tds. Who knows 

4 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

143995418.jpg

Something tells me that's not the same Kenny G. But he might be in the same White Cloud as you are ;)

19 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Just curious as to why you think that Marvin Jones is going to benefit far more than Kenny G from a DET offensive emphasis on explosive passing plays?  Both of their career Average YPC are similar (15.0 for Marvin and 15.7 for Kenny G) and Kenny's was higher than Marvin last season (15.2 vs 14.5). I think he would benefit just as much, if not more.

IMO Marvin is faster, especially on straight-line type of routes, and has elite body control to adjust and catch deep balls, especially in tight coverage.  Just check out his 17/18 highlights, it's basically a clinic in catching deep balls.  That's not to say that Kenny is bad at any of those things, but IMO Marvin is one of the league's best at catching deep balls.  Yes, they have very similar YPC, but also consider last year Kenny got far more YAC than Marvin did (~100 for Marvin to ~350 for Kenny, or at least that's how I interpret the data from airyards.com).  I will admit I probably shouldn't have used the word "far", but I do believe this type of offensive strategy will benefit Marvin more than Kenny.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

Love the talent and the heart but this offense is one of the worst to invest in for 2019 imo

On the surface and based on the coaches, yes, and I tend to agree with your statement...but maybe we are wrong for fantasy purposes.  There conceivably should be some positive regression for the team's passing yards, which were way down last year from previous seaon's.  Plus, DET has one of the narrowest WR passing trees in the league.  Golladay is absolutely locked into his role and should run a lot of routes and see a lot of targets. 

yep and at least we will get fair, at worst, value on golladay in drafts. i'll have my sights set on him but keep expectations in check

then again if he totally beasts in preseason, which is definitely a possibility, u can throw all that "analysis" out the window...

• Like 1