Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

I have Golladay in two leagues, due to bye week hell I have no choice but to roll him out. 

Never even heard of Detroit's backup, I'm nervous but no choice. Too bad this couldn't be like a Saints/Michael Thomas situation where they had a Teddy Bridgewater to plug in and Thomas lost no value. 

1 minute ago, MurderInc said:

I have Golladay in two leagues, due to bye week hell I have no choice but to roll him out. 

Never even heard of Detroit's backup, I'm nervous but no choice. Too bad this couldn't be like a Saints/Michael Thomas situation where they had a Teddy Bridgewater to plug in and Thomas lost no value. 

It's probably going to be a Mason Rudolph type situation where they overhaul the offense and do some dinking and dunking. 

55 minutes ago, fredth3cat said:

So is this an automatic bench (along with Marvin Jones) in this matchup? Any hope here?

Playing against the bears is tough enough. Now playing with the career backup qb makes my decision easier. I'm rolling with Pascal over Galloday. Good luck to all playing him. 

If the backup isn't completely terrible I think Golladay maybe wouldn't take as big a hit as some other WRs, because he's so big and makes catches in traffic vs needing separation and great throws. But that's assuming the backup isn't completely terrible and he still gets his targets

Just now, The G Man said:

Anybody know anything about Driskel?

Driskel is the former backup to Dalton, and 3rd string qb in sf after Smith and kap. He's a good runner, and mostly throws short to intermediate passes. He's not a long ball thrower like Stafford. This directly affects galloday and Lewis.  Too risky imo. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Anybody know anything about Driskel?

Kinda tanked Tyler Boyd's value last year...never a lock to go above 200 yards...plus the bears matchup easy bench 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Kinda tanked Tyler Boyd's value last year...never a lock to go above 200 yards...plus the bears matchup easy bench 

100% agree.

I didn't realize how subpar Driskel was for the Bengals late last season. He averaged just 132 yards passing and about 9 yards per completion in his last 4 starts. This may seem more like an Amendola or McKissic day. I know that its a different team and different system, but I'm not crazy about numbers on paper especially going up against that Bears defense. Vegas doesn't this so as well with a game total at just 38.

Edited by nonstopfan

12 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Boyd did fine with Driskel last year, but no other WR did anything. If Driskel locks in on Golladay, he'll be fine. If he chooses DA or Marvin Jones, Golladay could be a ghost. 

This is the absolute worst part of fantasy. You just have to guess. There's nothing to base this decision on other than a hunch. 

Edited by ajs723

2 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

100% agree.

I didn't realize how subpar Driskel was for the Bengals late last season. He averaged just 132 yards passing and about 9 yards per completion in his last 4 starts. This may seem more like an Amendola or McKissic day. I know that its a different team and different system, but I'm not crazy about numbers on paper especially going up against that Bears defense.

Boyd didn't play in two of those last 4 games. Both Boyd and Driskel were fine in games both played. FWIW. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Boyd did fine with Driskel last year, but no other WR did anything. If Driskel locks in on Golladay, he'll be fine. If he chooses DA or Marvin Jones, Golladay could be a ghost. 

This is the absolute worst part of fantasy. You jusy have to guess. There's nothing to base this decision on other than a hunch. 

Would you feel better if golladay on your bench tanked or if you took a risk in your lineup and he somehow succeeded? Odds of him busting seem way higher than succeeding 

• Like 1

Boyd is a slot WR, Driskel sucks and won't throw outside much, more like Amendola and some RB dump offs, this is a 3 for 40 type week for Golladay

My take is Golladay should get some type of production because all they have is the pass. Lions have no run game at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Would you feel better if golladay on your bench tanked or if you took a risk in your lineup and he somehow succeeded? Odds of him busting seem way higher than succeeding 

This is the exact question I ask myself. Haven't decided which will make me more upset, but here's my argument for Kenny. 

There's no workhorse back here. Ty Johnson isn't getting 25 carries, so Driskel will have to throw the ball. Either he holds his own, or the Lions fall behind, which leads to garbage time throwing. 

Flip side is that this could be a 13-6 final. 

Hmm... 

9 minutes ago, Vivens26 said:

My take is Golladay should get some type of production because all they have is the pass. Lions have no run game at all. 

You also run the risk of watching four quarters of constant Driskel incompletions, and a bunch of sacks. 

I'm so torn on this... 

The Bears are 9th in total defense. They've given up over 20 points in every game except one, vs. the Jets. 

Recently gave up 24 points to Denver.

So it's not like the Chicago D can't be scored on. 

I think Golladay still has a decent chance to at least have a double digit fantasy total. I will probably leave him in my lineup over Pascal.  

24 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

It would feel the worst if I benched Golladay and he blew up on my bench or had his standard stud game on my bench. 

And I started some lesser receiver instead who only puts up 7 fantasy points. 

That would be the worst. 

I'm willing to start Golladay and if he has a dud than so be it. Start your studs. 

Edited by mbell317

Golladay has a good history versus the Bears but that was with Stafford so this one is tough to gauge. Bears have been lock down versus WR's this year. Only 3 TD's given up all year. Tough matchup and huge question mark at QB and I'm benching. 

The Bears gets worn down because their offense can't stay on the field.  Unfortunately, the Lions D sucks and the Bears O should be able to stay on the field. Easy sit due to the defense and QB......but I have some WR depth.  If I get burned I get burned. This is such a crazy situation with the Lions needing to be able to run to take some pressure off their QB, but probably not being able to with the run game.

2 hours ago, nbay23 said:

Driskel is the former backup to Dalton, and 3rd string qb in sf after Smith and kap. He's a good runner, and mostly throws short to intermediate passes. He's not a long ball thrower like Stafford. This directly affects galloday and Lewis.  Too risky imo. 

Yea, this sums it up. He was a 5-star recruit to UF that never realized his potential in Gainesville due to injuries and offensive scheme/offensive coordinator incompetence but he found success upon transferring to Louisiana Tech in a pass happy offense. He throws a good deep ball but it's more of touch/placement than arm strength.

I personally almost have to start Golladay as my options aren't even worth trying so I'm just hoping Driskel can be good enough to at allow KG to put up modest production. Who knows...maybe there will be an instant rapport & Golladay will go off. One can hope...

• Like 1