Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

not hearing anything positive on the (once chubby) kid coming back for Sunday 🤔

welp, we do know one thing - if Driskel gets anuddah start there will be upwards of 40+ passes ... gotta hope we can get just ONE moonshot big play, like last week. 

who knows, maybe with a full week of practices with the 1s, and a full game of live ammo in a hostile environ undah his belt, the understudy might actually surprise 🤷‍♂️

the sweet music Kenny G was laying down gotta go on ... it just has to - we can't have the balance play out like JuJu/Rudolph - just, no. 

It's obviously a downgrade but it's not like he goes from the cusp of a WR1 to unstartable. Still had 9 targets, they'll still have to pass a ton, they'll essentially always have a favorable gamescript, and he still catches contested balls with the best of them. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

25 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's obviously a downgrade but it's not like he goes from the cusp of a WR1 to unstartable. Still had 9 targets, they'll still have to pass a ton, they'll essentially always have a favorable gamescript, and he still catches contested balls with the best of them. 

9 balls tossed in his direction, sure ... "targets" is a nebulous enuff term, i s'pose. 

only 3 receptions - one being the 46 yd TD - hey, don't get me wrong, we take it!

but this can easily morph into the aforementioned JuJu sitch ... concerns are legit.

he'll be in my lineup this week 🤷‍♂️

godspeed to us all. 

• Like 2

Starting him because I have no other options due to bye week. We lucked out last week with his big TD, but I hope Stafford can come back soon. 

I doubt they have much success running the ball against the Cowboys. Kenny G will get his shots again this week, let's hope that he can make the most of them again.

Just now, Bingo Bandanas said:

I doubt they have much success running the ball against the Cowboys. Kenny G will get his shots again this week, let's hope that he can make the most of them again.

agreed. 

problem is that Dallas may have a ridiculous stranglehold on TOP ... could see a 40/20 split, or thereabouts.

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

agreed. 

problem is that Dallas may have a ridiculous stranglehold on TOP ... could see a 40/20 split, or thereabouts.

I apologize but what does that mean ?

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

TOP = time of posession 

Dallas lovesssssss chewing that clock. I agree with this. Kenny should be a decent start though. I just wouldn’t expect 40+ attempts from driskel. 

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

agreed. 

No doubt, I totally agree. 

Trying to sell everywhere.  I see Stafford getting shut down.  Why would they risk him when the season is over?

6 hours ago, Sternes said:

Trying to sell everywhere.  I see Stafford getting shut down.  Why would they risk him when the season is over?

Problem with selling is it's not like the rest of the league doesn't know Stafford's out. You'll get pennies on the dollar for him. Personally I'd rather hold and take my chances. 

Driskel's connection with Golladay will get better. He's the Lions' best receiver and still getting better. The targets are there and Golladay will be fed. Not selling, not in dynasty at least. 

• Like 1

Stafford out again this week. Not looking great for Golladay ROS the way this is unfolding. Dallas gives up the 2nd fewest points to WRs. Hard to sit him this week but if you have someone in a better matchup it might be a wise decision.

18 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Stafford out again this week. Not looking great for Golladay ROS the way this is unfolding. Dallas gives up the 2nd fewest points to WRs. Hard to sit him this week but if you have someone in a better matchup it might be a wise decision.

This is my dilemma. I have several options with cake matchups, but Golladay is a stud, and you always start your studs... 

27 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I think there's a decent chance Stafford comes back eventually and isn't greatly affected by his back, at least to the point it hurts Golladay too much. So I'm still holding out hope he'll be back to beasting by the fantasy playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

This is my dilemma. I have several options with cake matchups, but Golladay is a stud, and you always start your studs... 

Yeah Golladay is a stud but his success greatly depends on the person throwing him the ball. He only had 3 catches last week and this matchup is just as tough.

Edited by n4sa

5 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Yeah Golladay is a stud but his success greatly depends on the person throwing him the ball. He only had 3 catches last week and this matchup is just as tough.

9 targets though, and a few of the incompletions hit his hands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n4sa said:

Have to start him this week due to bye's...I'll take last week's output!   

2 hours ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Starting with NO confidence. We got real lucky with that TD last week. 

Yes we did, and will get lucky again this week. All it takes for us is one play. It may be garbage time catch up points but who cares. If he can get a couple of grabs early for say 10-15 yards and then a 25-40 yard TD grab, we're good.

Any insights into whether the Dallas pass defense is actually as good as the numbers suggest. Here's who they've payed. 

Giants with Eli

Redskins (McLaurin did well) 

Dolphins 

Saints (Michael Thomas did well)

Packers without Adams

Jets (Anderson and Crowder did well)

Eagles (Eagles got crushed) 

Giants without Shepard 

Vikings without Thielen

... So they did a nice job shutting down the Eagles passing game. Other than that, I don't see a lot we can glean from these games. Yes, it's Driskel, but the Lions have weapons, and they will have to throw a lot. 

I was actually doing that exact same analysis trying to decide whether to start Driskel(2QB league, don’t ask) and I noticed the same thing. They’ve played some bad offenses so maybe their defensive ranking is a little higher than deserved.

• Like 1

Heard Driskell looked better in practice this week (and has had a full week to prepare as the starter this week), and KG is leading the league in receiving TD's (and he even got one last week with Driskell). Bad match up but I pretty much have to start KG today. Hoping for a repeat of last week.