Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, nbay23 said:

You also have to watch the weather.  I think the forecast is for rain in Wash.  Remember the mud bowl with the niners?  All Wr's did nothing in that game.  It was a punt fest.  He'll be at best a WR3 simply because of the weather and field conditions.

No, the forecast I'm seeing is partly sunny and 50 with 16% chance of rain. Some rain on Saturday evening. Even if the rain does end up pushing a little into Sunday it'll be nothing like the monsoon the Wash-SF was played in. Knock Kenny for whatever other reasons you want but weather is a non-factor

Man, Between losing Thielen a few weeks ago and now Golladay losing Stafford a few weeks ago, it’s going to be another rough fantasy week. A ton of rankings still have Golladay pretty high this week, Jake Ciely (pretty accurate rankings) has him at #19 wr in PPR this week. I went and grabbed Crowder to start over him this week. I keep switching back and fourth on which to roll with, Crowder is ranked #17 on the same rankings. It feels so wrong having to bench Golladay, but without Stafford he’s really hard to trust even against Washington. But he did play against 2 pretty good defenses (thinking more of the pressure on the qb) the last 2 weeks. There’s a good chance Golladay burns whoever starts him, there’s also a good chance he burns you for benching him too. Good luck, hopefully we all play the right WR this week. Fantasy gives me grays. 

18 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Man, Between losing Thielen a few weeks ago and now Golladay losing Stafford a few weeks ago, it’s going to be another rough fantasy week. A ton of rankings still have Golladay pretty high this week, Jake Ciely (pretty accurate rankings) has him at #19 wr in PPR this week. I went and grabbed Crowder to start over him this week. I keep switching back and fourth on which to roll with, Crowder is ranked #17 on the same rankings. It feels so wrong having to bench Golladay, but without Stafford he’s really hard to trust even against Washington. But he did play against 2 pretty good defenses (thinking more of the pressure on the qb) the last 2 weeks. There’s a good chance Golladay burns whoever starts him, there’s also a good chance he burns you for benching him too. Good luck, hopefully we all play the right WR this week. Fantasy gives me grays. 

literally same situation with Kenny and Thielen, I’m still rolling him out there guy is a top TD in the league and driskel has to start looking for him at some point. 

30 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Starting out of pure desperation. Love the player, like the situation, don't love the QB. That's what it boils down to for me. 

Due for a bounce back game, I think (I hope!).

Matchup's fine but outside of a pretty lucky TD bomb he's put up two consecutive duds. I'm not saying he's unstartable, but he's over a full tier below where he'd be ranked with Stafford. Really unfortunate. 

5 hours ago, MurderInc said:

The Redskins have reversed course and Josh Norman will now play. 

Is the weather an issue? 

Stafford being shut down for the year is the issue.

Marvin Jones is the WR to own now in DET. Thought I had two WR1 going into the playoffs. SMH

Brutal matchup. Inept QB. Short week. I know Golladay is good, but there's not a single variable working in his favor here. I guess they are at home... 

Kenny G is such a talented WR. Shame it isn't showing because of the QB. I have a dilemma for next season with him as my league keeps 3 and my decision is between him and Amari Cooper as my final keeper. 

46 minutes ago, ToeDragSwag said:

Kenny G is such a talented WR. Shame it isn't showing because of the QB. I have a dilemma for next season with him as my league keeps 3 and my decision is between him and Amari Cooper as my final keeper. 

Love Kenny, but if it's at the same cost, it's gotta be Amari, right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Love Kenny, but if it's at the same cost, it's gotta be Amari, right? 

As of right now, I am leaning towards Amari.

He's unstartable. He had one fluke jump ball catch two weeks ago otherwise it was a zero, the week before that it was a fluke 50-yard TD. I know fantasy points all count the same but his floor is scary low and he doesn't have a remotely high ceiling either. 

7 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Just when I think it couldn't get any worse

gotta think Driskel attempts to tough it out, but this is no bueno ...

No way I'm starting him this week even if Driskel plays.

He's basically been a nonfactor outside of the one 47 yard TD against the Bears.  Not betting on lightening striking again.

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

No way I'm starting him this week even if Driskel plays.

He's basically been a nonfactor outside of the one 47 yard TD against the Bears.  Not betting on lightening striking again.

agreed ... i'd rather have the blowup on my bench than the DUD in my lineup 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Yep. Especially if the 3rd string QB is out there. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story