Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

20 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

.... and now this potential scenario 

More like David "Bleh", amirite?

Seriously--not sure how his qb situation could possibly get any worse. 

4 hours ago, yossarian said:

More like David "Bleh", amirite?

Seriously--not sure how his qb situation could possibly get any worse. 

dunno, man ... but $$$$$Money F'n Mitch$$$$$ has a history of lighting up the Lions, so ... one would assume young FensterBlough will be chuckin' and duckin' a ton. 

all signs point to a definite SIT for KG, and these are usually the "no brainers" that wind up biting our keesters in this madhouse we call magick foosball 🤷‍♂️

I was going back and forth between Golladay for McLaurin in a half PPR.  Now that Blough is starting, I'm rolling with McLaurin.

Like @pastorofmuppets2 said, Blough could throw a ton and Golladay could have a great game.  I'd rather take my chances with McLaurin.

• Haha 1

Wasn't feeling Golladay this week anyway so I think the QB situation seals the deal for me. The last 3 weeks he's been just a guy. 😣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ZappB said:

I was going back and forth between Golladay for McLaurin in a half PPR.  Now that Blough is starting, I'm rolling with McLaurin.

Like @pastorofmuppets2 said, Blough could throw a ton and Golladay could have a great game.  I'd rather take my chances with McLaurin.

I have to start em both in one of my leagues...

Love Kenny but too risky to start given qb situation and early start.  Good luck to all starting hope he goes off

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Love Kenny but too risky to start given qb situation and early start.  Good luck to all starting hope he goes off

pretty much this ^

plus ya never know if it's gonna be Marvin or Amendola or Hock (if FensterBlough does go off), or perhaps one of the lesser cats (second/third string WRs clicking with third string qb) 🤷‍♂️

and, yeah, da Bearz are still a formidable bunch defending the forward pass ... too many variables to risk on KG this fine Turkey Day.

to those taking the plunge, i wish you the very best ... would bode well for us all going forward ✌

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah, if you have to start him then good luck. It's really boom or bust now, with a floor of zero and a ceiling of not really all that much.

There's an interesting discussion to have over who you'd bench him for. In my case it's behind Chark, John Brown and Ronald Jones, and that might be the case ROS, sadly.

• Haha 2

Benching today for Ridley and D. Parker. Bad match up and a 3rd string UDFA QB with a college career record of 13-23. Hate to do it, but everything I see says this is the right move. 

• Haha 1

Hard bench for me today. The QB situation plus the brutal matchup plus the short week is all a recipe for disaster. If he has a good game on my bench, so be it. I just don’t see it happening though when you look at all of the factors involved here. Good luck to all who are starting him, but I don’t have the stones to join you.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I have to start em both in one of my leagues...

You’re off to a good start!

For anyone who watched, is Blough an upgrade over Driskel? If so, that's very encouraging as a Golladay owner. 

3 hours ago, Dislimb said:

Hard bench for me today. The QB situation plus the brutal matchup plus the short week is all a recipe for disaster. If he has a good game on my bench, so be it. I just don’t see it happening though when you look at all of the factors involved here. Good luck to all who are starting him, but I don’t have the stones to join you.

Well, this certainly did not age well. 🤣

On one hand, it hurts to know that I left 23.8 points on my bench. On the other hand, it stings slightly less that 14 of those points came on a single play that was very uncharacteristic of the Bears D to give up. He beat his man off the line, there was no safety help over the top, the pass rush didn’t get there in time and the super green QB made the proper read and throw. I love Golladay and drafted him in every single league that I’m in this year, but that was a pretty flukey play tbh. He’ll definitely be back in my lineup next week @ Minnesota though no matter who starts at QB for Detroit.

1 minute ago, Dislimb said:

Well, this certainly did not age well. 🤣

On one hand, it hurts to know that I left 23.8 points on my bench. On the other hand, it stings slightly less that 14 of those points came on a single play that was very uncharacteristic of the Bears D to give up. He beat his man off the line, there was no safety help over the top, the pass rush didn’t get there in time and the super green QB made the proper read and throw. I love Golladay and drafted him in every single league that I’m in this year, but that was a pretty flukey play tbh. He’ll definitely be back in my lineup next week @ Minnesota though no matter who starts at QB for Detroit.

4 targets on the day. This is a classic "better lucky than good" for anyone who started him. 

• Like 1

Just now, ajs723 said:

4 targets on the day. This is a classic "better lucky than good" for anyone who started him. 

Absolutely. The Bears hadn’t allowed a play that long all year.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Languistic01 said:

Rollin with Robby Anderson over him this week 

🤔

Well that sucks lol. Obviously can’t predict results but I still feel like I made the right decision given the information I had at the time. Hopefully he can keep rollin through the playoffs 

21 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

nothing better than getting a wr1 back for playoffs.

Next two weeks look great. @Minnesota (4th most points allowed vs. WR) in week 14 and VS Tampa Bay (most points allowed vs. WR) in week 15. Both games indoors and with juicy matchups. However, week 16 looks rough. It’s @Denver (26th most points allowed vs. WR) in what is likely to be crappy weather and will have Chris Harris on him who is playing for a new contract.

13 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Is there a support group yet for people who benched him today? 

yea but the meeting starts later tonight. got to wait for julio jones owners.

2 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Next two weeks look great. @Minnesota (4th most points allowed vs. WR) in week 14 and VS Tampa Bay (most points allowed vs. WR) in week 15. Both games indoors and with juicy matchups. However, week 16 looks rough. It’s @Denver (26th most points allowed vs. WR) in what is likely to be crappy weather and will have Chris Harris on him who is playing for a new contract.

Im thinking of sitting him next week too tbh. Blough had a surprisingly decent game but the Vikings are a good and well coached team and they’re going cause a lot of issues for him next week.