Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

yep and at least we will get fair, at worst, value on golladay in drafts. i'll have my sights set on him but keep expectations in check

then again if he totally beasts in preseason, which is definitely a possibility, u can throw all that "analysis" out the window...

So...rd 4 fair?

10 hours ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

So...rd 4 fair?

my immediate reaction to that is... i would be happy with that, right?

i haven't gotten into the weeds enough to know where that puts him in terms of the bigger scheme of the wr hierarchy but.. 

On 6/5/2019 at 2:55 AM, Boudewijn said:

Something tells me that's not the same Kenny G. But he might be in the same White Cloud as you are ;)

You should be shot for posting that. I'll have bad dreams.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:10 PM, Cotton Jones said:

then again if he totally beasts in preseason, which is definitely a possibility, u can throw all that "analysis" out the window...

Because? Pre-season is meaningless.

LIke many of you I like the player but not the team situation. If Hockenson can be a presence, that could open it up and Golladay could see more opportunities, but that's a big if.

Folks seem to be all over the place on his adp

hearing rd 4 way to pricey while others say it’s just right..myself I’m kinda torn. Took Kenny g @ 4.8 and now I’m doubting. Lost Tate, Marvin healthy, blossoming rook TE and KJ have me skeptical.../

19 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Folks seem to be all over the place on his adp

hearing rd 4 way to pricey while others say it’s just right..myself I’m kinda torn. Took Kenny g @ 4.8 and now I’m doubting. Lost Tate, Marvin healthy, blossoming rook TE and KJ have me skeptical.../

I think 4th round is probably about right. That likely makes him your WR2, and I’d be fine with that. I would expect slightly better numbers than last year, 1100 yards and 7-8 tds. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think 4th round is probably about right. That likely makes him your WR2, and I’d be fine with that. I would expect slightly better numbers than last year, 1100 yards and 7-8 tds. 

Sounds about right to me. However, I do worry a bit about the Lions going more run heavy which may make it harder for Golladay to surpass last year's mark of 1,063/5.

Perhaps if he improves on his efficiency (70 receptions of 119 targets last year) that will help. Which is a reasonable expectation for a 3rd year receiver. The skill and tools are definitely there, so I'm more bullish on him than not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

Sounds about right to me. However, I do worry a bit about the Lions going more run heavy which may make it harder for Golladay to surpass last year's mark of 1,063/5.

Perhaps if he improves on his efficiency (70 receptions of 119 targets last year) that will help. Which is a reasonable expectation for a 3rd year receiver. The skill and tools are definitely there, so I'm more bullish on him than not. 

I went rb in the first 3 rounds of my standard draft and Golladay was the best available wr when my turn came in the 4th so I took him.  I'm not thrilled but not overly disappointed, either.  If he stays healthy, he should have another solid year.

6 hours ago, The G Man said:

I think the concerns about Detroit becoming run-heavy are a little bit overblown. I think they want to be able to run the ball, which is a far different thing than being run-heavy. Some games, if it’s what the defense is giving them, they may hand it off 40 times. Other games they might throw it 50. I think they want the be able to run the ball when the defense dictates they run it and pass when the defense dictates they pass. Basically, think of the Pats offense. I think that’s what they want. Right now, they can’t. Or at least they couldn’t before this year.

It’s a long-winded way of saying I think there will be plenty of targets to go around for Golladay overall, but I think his consistency might leave something to be desired. I’ve loaded up on him in best ball, but I probably won’t have too many shares in other formats.

Hopefully the Lions are telling the truth:

The Detroit Lions are giving Matthew Stafford another day off from practice.Stafford did not take part in any teams drills at Saturday's practice, and coach Matt Patricia said "it'll be the same for him" Sunday.

Stafford will have six straight days off from heavy throwing — the Lions had a walkthrough last Wednesday before Thursday's preseason opener, which Stafford did not play in, an off day Friday and another off day scheduled for Monday — though Patricia insisted there's nothing wrong with his quarterback.[ Unpopular opinion: Lions' left guard options played well vs. Pats ]Matt Patricia talks with Matthew Stafford on Thursday before the preseason opener.

"This was a scheduled kind of break in the middle of camp that he and I had talked about before in July, where we thought it’d be a good opportunity coming out of New England before we head to Houston — which will be another really kind of intense couple days of practice — that’d be just a good opportunity for him to be at practice," Patricia said.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/08/11/detroit-lions-matthew-stafford/1981885001/

11 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Hopefully the Lions are telling the truth:

Given that Patricia studied under Belichick, I would say:

ElaborateCandidElkhound-small.gif

Although to be fair, Belichick rarely lies about his players. He generally just doesn't say anything.

I hope Stafford is fine though, I need him for Jones and Kerryon.

Really not sure what to think here. He is a guy that could end up having a monster season, and I wouldn’t be surprised. Or he could put up mediocre numbers and I wouldn’t be surprised. He is a very talented player, but I’m not so sure about the situation. Seems like the Lions want to run more, and now they have the personnel to do so. Anyone with some thoughts? Feel like there should be more discussion on this guy  

9 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Really not sure what to think here. He is a guy that could end up having a monster season, and I wouldn’t be surprised. Or he could put up mediocre numbers and I wouldn’t be surprised. He is a very talented player, but I’m not so sure about the situation. Seems like the Lions want to run more, and now they have the personnel to do so. Anyone with some thoughts? Feel like there should be more discussion on this guy  

Lions homer here.  I drafted Golladay in the 10th round last year and loved him.  However, I can’t see myself burning a 4th rounder on him this year.  Matthew Stafford is too inconsistent and he has yet to play a snap in the preseason.  The Lions are committed to running more and playing defense.  Think Seattle Seahawks 2012-2015.  I think realistically he could go for 1,200 and 8 TD’s.  But I remember games last year where he would only get 5-6 points in ppr.  He is more boom or bust W2 with definite WR1 upside.  I just don’t like his situation as much as I would’ve pre Matt Patrica.  Then again, the Lions did get a new OC, but we have yet to see Stafford play so the offensive is one giant mystery at the moment.

On 8/19/2019 at 10:41 AM, dlionsfan901 said:

Lions homer here.  I drafted Golladay in the 10th round last year and loved him.  However, I can’t see myself burning a 4th rounder on him this year.  Matthew Stafford is too inconsistent and he has yet to play a snap in the preseason.  The Lions are committed to running more and playing defense.  Think Seattle Seahawks 2012-2015.  I think realistically he could go for 1,200 and 8 TD’s.  But I remember games last year where he would only get 5-6 points in ppr.  He is more boom or bust W2 with definite WR1 upside.  I just don’t like his situation as much as I would’ve pre Matt Patrica.  Then again, the Lions did get a new OC, but we have yet to see Stafford play so the offensive is one giant mystery at the moment.

The offense could be a problem, but before last year Stafford had passed for over 4200 yards for 7 straight years. It's definitely possible they go more run heavy but even the most run heavy teams are going to throw the ball 550 times. If love Golladay and I think you can get him at a pretty good discount in most leagues. I wouldn't expect WR1, but I also think the floor is pretty high and if the Lions are trailing late in games we could get a low end WR1 by years end. 

• Like 1

I think Golladay is a beast.

Clear #1 WR on a team with a good QB. 

That's a guy you want. Lockett, Golladay, Sanders, Keenan, etc...

3 hours ago, FooserX said:

I think Golladay is a beast.

Clear #1 WR on a team with a good QB. 

That's a guy you want. Lockett, Golladay, Sanders, Keenan, etc...

Stafford is a good QB?

4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Stafford is a good QB?

For fantasy purposes, yes.

Good player that looks physically impressive but this offense was super slow last year.  Maybe they change things up but there was too much running and clock killing that drained his value 

4 minutes ago, bomont said:

Good not great. 

He’s one of those QB’s who will never win you anything but always make your games watchable. Most teams hang on to these guys for way to long (Andy Dalton) I actually really respect the redskins for letting Kirk cousins walk. 

• Like 1

I think that Golladay's ADP is slipping not because of his talent but because all indications are that the Lions are going to be a running team this year.  But if they are trailing big in the second half of games, of course that goes out the window and should mean plenty of passes to Golladay and Marvin Jones.  I waited on wr's and landed Golladay as my wr2 in a recent PPR draft.  I'm not thrilled with him as my wr2 but I could have done worse.

I think Stafford is underrated personally. He's a gamer, and very talented. Total gunslinger.

In addition to being the WR1 on a team with a good QB, I also look for the chemistry between the two, and Stafford feeds Golladay...

Definitely think he's going to equal, or exceed his ADP.

16 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

Arizona week 1.  Get hyped.  

Peterson suspended till week 7. Other starter Robert Alford is already ruled out for Week 1. Swearinger gone so no head hunter threat in the middle. Bethea released & with NYG. Josh Shaw is very questionable with a shoulder. Perennial underachiever David Amerson recently released.

Cardinals secondary looks to be a mess. If DET doesn't find success against such a rag tag group, it's going to be a long season in Motown.

Edited by wayzupusc