Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

As someone said above, even the most run heavy teams still pass a good amount. Of course he is not going to get elite volume, but I do expect consistent targets that should allow him to put up WR2 numbers with ease. 

There’s an outcome for him out there as a WR1. He’s got that kind of talent, reminds me quite a bit of Hopkins - not as elite with his hands but plenty good enough and and probably a slightly better athlete. The question then becomes what is this Detroit offense gonna look like, and I’m shocked that everyone’s so certain what it’s gonna be even though we haven’t seen it yet, or heard any specific from the coaches. Patricia said ‘we want to be able to run the ball’, and over two months of rehash that’s turned into ‘Detroit is a run-only team.’ I for one am not so certain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

As someone said above, even the most run heavy teams still pass a good amount. Of course he is not going to get elite volume, but I do expect consistent targets that should allow him to put up WR2 numbers with ease. 

Megatron put up some good numbers with Bush/Riddick.

I'd think Megatron was pretty good too... Now they have someone in Golladay that can be a legit WR1. I believe he has elite skill to pull that off.

Edited by ponza88

I frequently find myself faced with the decision of Golladay/Godwin as my WR2. That’s a pretty tough choice to me. Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I frequently find myself faced with the decision of Golladay/Godwin as my WR2. That’s a pretty tough choice to me. Thoughts?

Golladay for me as TB seems to spread it around more. Stafford really likes KG, but that's just my impression...not using any stats.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Golladay for sure

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

Godwin easily for me

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scheibler said:

Godwin easily for me

Get that Godwin love outta here!! You on the wrong block! 😋😋

• Like 1

As others have said, a team going "run heavy" can still be a good thing for WR production.  Even if you assume a 500 passing attempt/3500 yard season for Stafford, his WR1, getting the benefit of softer coverage because defenses have to play the run (when play action might actually fool someone) could still mean a 1200+ yard/8+ TD season.  I don't know if Golloday will have that kind of year, but it seems more likely the tangential receivers will have their production suffer more than the number one guy.

And as for Stafford, for what it's worth, Deshaun Watson cleared 4,000 yards and 26 TDs in 16 games in 2018 on 505 pass attempts.  Sure, the Drew Breeses and Matt Ryans of the world pass 625-675 times most seasons, and Stafford has had seasons where he had an obscene 700+ pass attempts.  But there could be a decrease in quantity for pass attempts but an increase in quality.  We'll see.  

I really like Golladay to put up great numbers . Stafford always seems to pass quite a bit and that should benefit Golladay highly. 

whats different from his situation this year than previous years to be excited about. he’s improved each year but just wondering

Only 1 game but I hope he doesn't urn into a weekly WR3. He was being drafted as a WR2

6 minutes ago, affliction said:

Only 1 game but I hope he doesn't urn into a weekly WR3. He was being drafted as a WR2

4 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Yeah I was expecting more out of him, but we'll see how week 2 goes.

had the game winning TD in his mitts, but the kid Brock made a seriously nails play by swatting it out last second ... i know "couldashouldawoulda" don't add up to a hill o'beans in magick foosball, but his line would've read 5/71/2 had the 'Zona dback not made a Gilmore-esque play. 

... that being said, for as long as Danny Glass is healthy he's gonna be a real thorn - and Hock looks freakin' legit.

saving grace is that the run game looked extremely "meh", and Matthew may need to sling a bit more than MattyPatty would like. 

Not ideal. And I realize he almost had a second TD but he should've really feasted on the terrible Cards D and he didn't. Unfortunately it looks like he's gonna produce very similarly to last year. Now that's not terrible, but I don't think it's what most owners were looking for. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL

43 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Not ideal. And I realize he almost had a second TD but he should've really feasted on the terrible Cards D and he didn't. Unfortunately it looks like he's gonna produce very similarly to last year. Now that's not terrible, but I don't think it's what most owners were looking for. 

He had 9 targets.  He will be fine.

• Like 2

I don't like the emergence of Amendola and Hockenson as I think it hurts Golladay.  He will likely be a wr3 at best this season.

• Like 1

Yeah Amendola for sure. Not sure how Hockenson will end up based on 1 game, but if he becomes some Kelce, Kittle, Ertiz type TE then I can see him getting steady targets throughout the season. 

11 minutes ago, decodeddreams said:

Yeah Amendola for sure. Not sure how Hockenson will end up based on 1 game, but if he becomes some Kelce, Kittle, Ertiz type TE then I can see him getting steady targets throughout the season. 

Hock looked as good as advertised.  The kid is definitely in the Gronk-mold and is going to consistently be a match-up nightmare.   Just a question of him getting his ability to diagnose NFL coverages up to speed.

Edited by RockSexton

2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I don't like the emergence of Amendola and Hockenson as I think it hurts Golladay.  He will likely be a wr3 at best this season.

ARI secondary is a mess...they kept everything in front of them which left underneath stuff & crossing routes wide open which is where Hock & Amendola did a lot of their damage.....and Golladay too for his score.

I don't think what we saw is exactly what we'll see.

2 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Yeah, lotta mouths to fill now but I think WR3 as his ceiling is too pessimistic. Could still be a WR2 once defenses adjust their game plans to account for Hock and Amendola