Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

If he can feast against Casey Hayward surely he can feast on Alexander. Right?!

He can feast against anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, n4sa said:

He can feast against anyone.

Agreed. For his type of game, all that really matters is that Stafford trusts him and is willing to lob it up for him. Just like the good ole megatron days

Just got back from the future.

Took some pictures for you guys. Heads up, he has a massive game. Nobody can stop him.

usatsi_11396167.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

e5943df5-1c60-4d7a-b7b1-362deb5f82d8-lio

LionsPackers-724x840.jpg

Kenny+Golladay+Green+Bay+Packers+vs+Detr

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Most of his catches are contested anyway, so I'm not really concerned with him being shut down by any particular corner. His size and hands allow him to catch on anyone. 

3 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Well then, seems everyone is on board with him versus the Packers.

The main issue is the gameplan here.  Stafford might struggle vs that secondary and Patricia will probably feed Kerryon all day since the Packers cant stop anyone on the ground.

On 10/10/2019 at 8:56 PM, n4sa said:

Just got back from the future.

Took some pictures for you guys. Heads up, he has a massive game. Nobody can stop him.

usatsi_11396167.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

e5943df5-1c60-4d7a-b7b1-362deb5f82d8-lio

LionsPackers-724x840.jpg

Kenny+Golladay+Green+Bay+Packers+vs+Detr

Since when did the Pack start wearing white unis at home? (not to mention the blue endzones.) Either way, this was enough to convince me - starting with confidence. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, affliction said:

I hope this guy isn’t hurt 

Pretty sure he’s fine. I haven’t seen anything else about him being hurt. 

Sure hope not. The fall didn’t look too bad. I’m expecting Golladay to roast Rhodes 

Edited by FinsUp24

Did he get injured?

On 10/13/2019 at 8:26 PM, jujus-jujubees said:

Since when did the Pack start wearing white unis at home? (not to mention the blue endzones.) Either way, this was enough to convince me - starting with confidence. 

spacer.png

Too funny. The Pack actually did wear white at home last Monday. I thought it was unusual when I first saw it too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, n4sa said:

Did he get injured?

He skied for a high pass from Stafford (think it was the 3rd quarter), and then came down hard on his hip/posterior. He looked noticeably shaken up on the play.

He didn't really do much from that point on for the rest of the game. It was kind of weird, since the broadcast booth never gave any updates after that point. They just kept lathering over the virtues of Rodgers.

How does everyone feel about Kenny G this week? CBS has him projected fairly low, not great games against Minnesota last year. Anyone rolling him anyway over higher projected guys?

I don't really care about "projections." Golladay is the top guy in this offense and will see targets. Unless you have a top 15-20 guy you can plug in and bench Golladay, you start him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godeep said:

How does everyone feel about Kenny G this week? CBS has him projected fairly low, not great games against Minnesota last year. Anyone rolling him anyway over higher projected guys?

Serious question because I am always confused when it comes to these type of questions. But if you don’t start your WR1 or WR2 then who are you intending to start? People serious have the luxury of benching their WR1 or WR2 especially in the middle of Bye weeks? Even in 10-teamers, I don’t think this should be a weekly question. I must be suck at drafting and fantasy football at a whole. 

5 minutes ago, Godeep said:

Rhodes just isn’t as frightening as he was a couple years ago. Moreover, they aren’t using Rhodes to shadow opposing WR1s this year like he typically would in the past. From what I’ve read, this is actually a friendly matchup for Golladay. 

This guy has so much upside, I really hope he can realize it and become a high end WR1. The blend of being a deep threat and a red zone target is rare. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

This guy has so much upside, I really hope he can realize it and become a high end WR1. The blend of being a deep threat and a red zone target is rare. 

He realizes it. And so does Stafford. But Kenny G demands so much attention that he would have to play beyond just running good routes to get the ball i.e his nickname Baby-tron. Marvin Jones is so wack that he can’t even win his one-on-one matchups so that teams pay attention to him and not double, triple teaming Kenny G. But I see WR1 and weekly starter as long as he is healthy. As Mack is trying to keep defenses honest carrying the ball. 

8 minutes ago, ginocan said:

He realizes it. And so does Stafford. But Kenny G demands so much attention that he would have to play beyond just running good routes to get the ball i.e his nickname Baby-tron. Marvin Jones is so wack that he can’t even win his one-on-one matchups so that teams pay attention to him and not double, triple teaming Kenny G. But I see WR1 and weekly starter as long as he is healthy. As Mack is trying to keep defenses honest carrying the ball. 

Kerryon Mack? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Kerryon Mack? 

lmao. Oops. I am listening to the fantasy podcast about start/sits and Mack name came up about him not catching the ball but still keep defenses honest. NVM, I messed that up. Lmao. 

1 hour ago, ginocan said:

Serious question because I am always confused when it comes to these type of questions. But if you don’t start your WR1 or WR2 then who are you intending to start? People serious have the luxury of benching their WR1 or WR2 especially in the middle of Bye weeks? Even in 10-teamers, I don’t think this should be a weekly question. I must be suck at drafting and fantasy football at a whole. 

Personally i have one spot for Galladay, Boyd, and Golden Tate XV. Boyd is out of my circle of trust so it comes down to Tate with that tasty match-up vs the Arizona "defense" or Golladay vs a much better Minny D. The match-up is the equalizer for me here and the only reason I'm considering Tate. Golladay just isn't quite a "set it and forget it" guy for me yet. I will more than likely go with him regardless of match-up because of the above info about Rhodes not shadowing and also just because he's significantly better than Tate in a vacuum. Tate is an example of a guy I grabbed off waivers a couple weeks ago I'd consider starting over Golladay, just to answer the question. 

I will say--Golladay has a tendency to put together a few good games, get you to trust him, then throw up a 2 point game. I don't think that's as much on him as it is on Stafford and the coaches.