Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

25 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

He is way slower than I thought, he should have had 2 td bombs against Packers, but got caught each time.

I was so surprised he didn’t score on the first play. I know the Packers have a few fast corners but I thought he should’ve scored as well. Don’t remember the other play though. 

4 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

He is way slower than I thought, he should have had 2 td bombs against Packers, but got caught each time.

3 hours ago, Gmen07 said:

I was so surprised he didn’t score on the first play. I know the Packers have a few fast corners but I thought he should’ve scored as well. Don’t remember the other play though. 

Yeah he's not fast at all. When you see his highlights, outside of the flea-flicker his catches are ALWAYS contested. He has great size, body control, phenomenal hands, and gets peppered with targets, but he'll never be in that truly elite WR category. Still damn good though. 

41 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yeah he's not fast at all. When you see his highlights, outside of the flea-flicker his catches are ALWAYS contested. He has great size, body control, phenomenal hands, and gets peppered with targets, but he'll never be in that truly elite WR category. Still damn good though. 

He runs a 4.5, which isn't pedestrian. I'd compare him to receivers like Alshon Jeffery and Michael Thomas.

8 hours ago, n4sa said:

He runs a 4.5, which isn't pedestrian. I'd compare him to receivers like Alshon Jeffery and Michael Thomas.

Which is very fast given his size, but it just doesn't look it when you watch him. I could still easily see him being right around that WR10-12 range which is fantastic, but he just doesn't get enough easy catches. 

37 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Which is very fast given his size, but it just doesn't look it when you watch him. I could still easily see him being right around that WR10-12 range which is fantastic, but he just doesn't get enough easy catches. 

No need for crisp routes when KG is the Dennis Rodman of the nfl currently.  Toss it up and Kenny is bringing it down

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 5:04 AM, Tghetty said:

No need for crisp routes when KG is the Dennis Rodman of the nfl currently.  Toss it up and Kenny is bringing it down

You have to actually have balls thrown to him first.  2 Donut weeks where he was completely ignored i just dont understand.  smh

The only thing I can assume is the Vikings were doubling him. Because Jones had Rhodes on him on some of his catches so it doesn't seem like it was a case of them going to Jones because he had the better matchup. Either way, incredibly disappointing to get 2 points out of him and 40+ for Jones. 

• Like 1

This is why I can't fully call him a WR1 as others want to. He still has games like this where he's not a part of the offense at all. 2 targets for the entire game? Come on. 

• Like 1

He’s got a massive size difference on janitor Jenkins this week. Gonna have a big bounce back this week. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, atdharris said:

This is why I can't fully call him a WR1 as others want to. He still has games like this where he's not a part of the offense at all. 2 targets for the entire game? Come on. 

This is how I feel about him too.  Jones is really eating up his shares.  Still have to start him though.  He’s a WR2/WR3 at best for me.

22 minutes ago, atdharris said:

Yea I mean, even elite WRs are susceptible to this kind of game. But I do know exactly what you mean. Despite his production, every week I think “alright this is the week he’s gonna screw me.” But overall, this is just the nature of the WR position and he has been balling out most weeks so I’m pretty happy. 

1 minute ago, DemOrioles said:

This is how I feel about him too.  Jones is really eating up his shares.  Still have to start him though.  He’s a WR2/WR3 at best for me.

I'd say he's a WR2, but until he stops having games like this where he is irrelevant and has players like Amendola taking 14 targets, I can't consider him a WR1. Even if he has a tough matchup, getting 2 targets the entire game is really frustrating. 

5 hours ago, atdharris said:

Agreed. There was some hope he could emerge as a WR1 but it ain't happening. He's a solid WR2. And there's nothing wrong with that, he's still gonna have a very productive year, but he is what he is. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Matchup dependent WR3

He's the number 22 WR in half PPR and that's already having had his bye. This week was very disappointing but he's still a WR2. I don't recall ever seeing him outside of the top 20 WR rankings. 

• Like 2

He's more than a WR3, but he is susceptible to duds as we've seen twice this season. He's still the top WR in that offense, but it's obvious the Lions are OK completely ignoring him if the matchup is not entirely favorable. He won't be force-fed like other elite WRs. 

• Like 1

Babytron is a volatile WR2. He will always be that in a Matthew Stafford-run offense. He will never be a WR1. In 10-team he's WR3, and may be WR2 in 12-team, I don't know. I think he will finish the season as a WR2. His breakout was supposed to come when Tate was traded last year. After watching Stafford ignore him in tough matchups, I knew his ceiling was capped. He has a shot at low-end WR1, but that's if he gets a boom game like MJJ.

Edited by FitzMagic

4 hours ago, atdharris said:

He's more than a WR3, but he is susceptible to duds as we've seen twice this season. He's still the top WR in that offense, but it's obvious the Lions are OK completely ignoring him if the matchup is not entirely favorable. He won't be force-fed like other elite WRs. 

i guess Mike Evans is a WR3 too?! 

51 minutes ago, n4sa said:

This guy is a boom/bust WR2. It sucks knowing his floor is 3 points.

I mean, Julio has shown that kind of floor as well. He’s still a consensus WR1. Hopkins had a 4 point game this season. He’s still a consensus WR1. It’s the nature of the position. 

The only elite WR I can remember who never seemed to bottom out was AB on his Pittsburgh glory years. He was pretty damn consistent. Most WRs even elite ones can have massive duds. It’s the nature of the position.

53 minutes ago, owenmills said:

The only elite WR I can remember who never seemed to bottom out was AB on his Pittsburgh glory years. He was pretty damn consistent.

AB had a multi season streak of having at least 5/50 in every start (40 straight games, iirc).

Edited by pastorofmuppets2

Hes a set and forget WR2. Most WRs have duds. Hes not immune. Sounds like a good buy low opportunity to me.

• Like 1