Ffguy0087

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

43 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Why is Marvin Jones being elevated in this offense again... I thought he was getting phased out in favor of Kenny G..  

Marvin does this ever year where he goes off for 3 or 4 TDs in a game or two and then disappears. It's unlikely he will keep this pace up moving forward. 

14 hours ago, atdharris said:

Marvin does this ever year where he goes off for 3 or 4 TDs in a game or two and then disappears. It's unlikely he will keep this pace up moving forward. 

Yep, he puts on the Superman outfit, and then reverts back to Clark Kent. Seems like he has done that three or four years in row.

I'm expecting a solid game from Golladay against the G-men, and starting with confidence going forward.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

I'm expecting a solid game from Golladay against the G-men, and starting with confidence going forward.

Agreed. It happens. He had two complete duds last year as well. He'll bounce back this week and be right back to a locked in WR2. 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:34 AM, BGDDYKWL said:

Agreed. It happens. He had two complete duds last year as well. He'll bounce back this week and be right back to a locked in WR2. 

Quite. Aside from the two duds, he's been WR31, WR6, WR6, WR14. He's absolutely fine, and certainly what I expected when I drafted - in fact, appreciably better than many of the guys drafted before him.

• Like 1

Just now, n4sa said:

Why am I worried that he's going to have a mediocre week?

This post would have been more helpful last Thursday. 

6 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Why am I worried that he's going to have a mediocre week?

Because he got 2 targets last week? 

I wouldnt panick.  He’s had 9 plus targets in weeks prior and now no KJ.  Giants are going to give up points and I expect KG to get some.

it escalated quickly, din'nit?

one minute he's sitting at two measly pernts, i pop out for a smoke and some yardwork, and -  BOOM!  🎳 TWO TDs 🎳

gotta love the Jints and that shakey secondary ... this was fun. 

Here's hoping the injury to Kerryon & a foursome of "WHO?" at RB for essentially the rest of the season that Detroit will go to a far more pass-happy offense from here on out.

I hope he can be more than a boom or bust guy moving forward. It is slightly concerning we can go from 2 targets to a 25 point game. You want your WR2 to put up consistent numbers. 

13 minutes ago, atdharris said:

I hope he can be more than a boom or bust guy moving forward. It is slightly concerning we can go from 2 targets to a 25 point game. You want your WR2 to put up consistent numbers. 

As many of us have been saying in here, inconsistency is the nature of the WR position. Even the elite ones are susceptible to poor games. At this point, Kenny G is a top 15 WR and that’s with a 0 for his bye week factored in. So he is likely a WR1 in ppg. Just gotta keep firing him up. Enjoy the booms and live with the busts. 

20 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

As many of us have been saying in here, inconsistency is the nature of the WR position. Even the elite ones are susceptible to poor games. At this point, Kenny G is a top 15 WR and that’s with a 0 for his bye week factored in. So he is likely a WR1 in ppg. Just gotta keep firing him up. Enjoy the booms and live with the busts. 

With the DET running back corps being a M*A*S*H unit, I gotta believe they'll be throwing more going forward as well.

But it is the Lions so they'll prolly sign LaGarrette Blount & run it 50 times a game just to spite me.

2 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

With the DET running back corps being a M*A*S*H unit, I gotta believe they'll be throwing more going forward as well.

But it is the Lions so they'll prolly sign LaGarrette Blount & run it 50 times a game just to spite me.

Or trade for Lev Bell 😮