Boudewijn

Jordan Howard 2019 Outlook

• Fri, Nov 15 at 3:46pm

Ajayi and the Eagles came to terms on a contract Friday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Analysis: Philadelphia and Ajayi quickly agreed to a reunion after he worked out for the team Friday amid the Eagles' mounting depth concerns at running back. With Darren Sproles (hip) shut down for the season and Jordan Howard (shoulder) uncertain to suit up Sunday against the Patriots, Ajayi could be active in Week 11 as a third running back behind Miles Sanders and Boston Scott. Though Ajayi boasts prior starting experience and has averaged 4.5 yards per carry over his four-year NFL career, his lack of recent practice time along with the fact that he hasn't played a competitive game in 13 months following an ACL tear make it unlikely he'll seize a major role right away for Philadelphia

3 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Ajayi

super risky play here. From chilling on the couch to playing a nfl game with bad knees. Slight exaggeration obviously but the fact that multiple teams passed on Ajayi tells me he has not looked very impressive. Sanders could very well stand to benefit more from Howard being out. If Ballage is already taken, then the 49ers situation is worth monitoring. Jeff Wilson can be a sneaky play if Mostert and Breida are out. Also perhaps McKissic if Ty Johnson is out. Nothing sexy about the aforementioned picks but waivers are looking real thin this time of the year.

10 hours ago, WaiverLooter said:

super risky play here. From chilling on the couch to playing a nfl game with bad knees. Slight exaggeration obviously but the fact that multiple teams passed on Ajayi tells me he has not looked very impressive. Sanders could very well stand to benefit more from Howard being out. If Ballage is already taken, then the 49ers situation is worth monitoring. Jeff Wilson can be a sneaky play if Mostert and Breida are out. Also perhaps McKissic if Ty Johnson is out. Nothing sexy about the aforementioned picks but waivers are looking real thin this time of the year.

I agree and meant that mostly as a joke lol. But signing him tells me that Howard might be longer than just a one-week concern. You’d have to be pretty desperate to roll him out against the Pats - agreed. But Ajayi could be a decent play vs. the Seahawks in Week 12 and especially the Dolphins in Week 13, if Howard is still banged up.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Starz12345 said:

Anyone like Howard as a buy low considering he’s got dolphins, giants and redskins after this week?

Most people aren’t considering anyone a buy low at this point as the trade deadline past by for most of us weeks ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anyone else torn on Howard right now? Part of me wants to drop him cause I do feel like something greater is going on to sign Ajayi. The other part of me wants to hold cause the upcoming schedule and if this is just a one week thing he’ll be an RB1/2. Thoughts?

Well, they just announced that Sanders and Ajayi will be splitting time this week.  Hopefully it's just as an injury replacement for Howard.  But the fact that he hasn't been cleared for contact for over two weeks now is very concerning.

9 hours ago, christino3286 said:

Anyone else torn on Howard right now? Part of me wants to drop him cause I do feel like something greater is going on to sign Ajayi. The other part of me wants to hold cause the upcoming schedule and if this is just a one week thing he’ll be an RB1/2. Thoughts?

Well if you have an IR spot in your league, just wait as I think Howard is going to be ruled out soon so you can stash Howard on IR and pick someone else up. I wouldn't drop him because of his upcoming schedule. The fact that Philly hasn't ruled out Howard yet is a sign he's pretty close to returning.

Someone in my league dropped him and I picked him up. That upcoming schedule is way too juicy to pass up.

No.  Easy match up. They don't need him vs Miami. 

Fork meet Howard

Reports are that he still has no feeling in shoulder.

I have no idea why he is not on IR.