Boudewijn

Jordan Howard 2019 Outlook

On 9/12/2019 at 2:37 AM, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Howard looked awesome, really. I think it’s only a matter of time until he rises to the top as far as carries go. 

My post has aged well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

I just threw him in my flex last minute over Sony. He’s bout to flex on the goal line.

I get that you probably thought he was your third RB as he wasn’t really expected to do much, but never put a guy you are playing on Thursday night into your flex. If he’s an RB, put him in the RB sit. If he’s a WR, put him in the WR slot. Save your flex for Sunday to give you more flexibility. Just because it’s the flex position doesn’t mean you’re supposed to slot your worst guy there. 

How does Howard’s big performance change opinion of his rest of season outlook? What tier RB would you put him in?  I’d say he’s top 30, and would rather have him over other starters Hyde, Gore, Barber, AP and committee backs like Freeman and Penny.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, CooL said:

I get that you probably thought he was your third RB as he wasn’t really expected to do much, but never put a guy you are playing on Thursday night into your flex. If he’s an RB, put him in the RB sit. If he’s a WR, put him in the WR slot. Save your flex for Sunday to give you more flexibility. Just because it’s the flex position doesn’t mean you’re supposed to slot your worst guy there. 

How does Howard’s big performance change opinion of his rest of season outlook? What tier RB would you put him in?  I’d say he’s top 30, and would rather have him over other starters Hyde, Gore, Barber, AP and committee backs like Freeman and Penny.

I have both Barber and Howard it's gonna suck because either one could have a good game just have to go with my gut.  Unfortunately my gut said Barber would have a better game.  

Nice to see him explode with 3 TDs (albeit on everyones bench), but fear we could be chasing those points for the rest of the year.  

At least he is remaining involved, is the GL back and doesnt appear to be losing work to Sanders.  He has a role and given the right matchup, he can be a useful flex or even RB2.

Last nights game moves him from a borderline drop to a hold.

This much is certain - I'm never drafting another Matt Nagy RB again.  My line in the sand has been drawn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, justincns said:

I have both Barber and Howard it's gonna suck because either one could have a good game just have to go with my gut.  Unfortunately my gut said Barber would have a better game.  

5 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Nice to see him explode with 3 TDs (albeit on everyones bench), but fear we could be chasing those points for the rest of the year.  

At least he is remaining involved, is the GL back and doesnt appear to be losing work to Sanders.  He has a role and given the right matchup, he can be a useful flex or even RB2.

Last nights game moves him from a borderline drop to a hold.

Yeah maybe I was a little enthusiastic when I said he’d be top 30 ROS. And maybe some of his performance was due to how bad GB’s run defense is- a peewee football player could have burst through some of those gigantic holes. But the fact remains that he is the lead back on a good offense that should be scoring points most weeks more often than not. I’d rather own Howard than Barber, who is more pedestrian, even more limited in the pass game it would seem, and on a more erratic offense that doesn’t look to establish the run.

18 hours ago, K197040 said:

You sound like a rook.

Howard does the most damage when skies are grey and the air is cold.   As temperatures fall, you'll hear a sound...getting louder...louder...just outside the door.   Do you dare open the door and face...SNOWBEAST!!!!

AAARRHRHRHRHHRRHH!!!!

Best post ever. 

6 hours ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Good call buddy! 

My guess is that they probably gave him an ice bath before the game and at halftime.

Just imagine what he'll do when it actually gets cold!

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Sell, Sell, Sell!!

He WAS a great buy low after watching Sanders crap the bed the first couple weeks. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Sell, Sell, Sell!!

He was dropped for a WW claim this week in a league I have Sanders in. He's the epitome of a player I don't like to have. Wouldn't feel comfortable starting him and wouldn't want to drop him just so somebody else can pick him up. I'm still just riding Sanders on my bench believing that young talent will eventually win out and he'll get the majority of the touches. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Freeballin&Sprawlin said:

He was dropped for a WW claim this week in a league I have Sanders in. He's the epitome of a player I don't like to have. Wouldn't feel comfortable starting him and wouldn't want to drop him just so somebody else can pick him up. I'm still just riding Sanders on my bench believing that young talent will eventually win out and he'll get the majority of the touches. 

Ha.  This is the take of all the Miles Sanders owners going on in his thread, which is viewing things through rose colored glasses and trying to wish something on their guy that will never occur.  Wanted to pop back in here to see how JHoward's owners are feeling, but it is eerily quiet.  Yes, he's not a sexy guy to own and not somebody who your opponent will fear when he sees him in your starting lineup.  But brother got it done last night.  That is something to celebrate.  He is a definite hold.  And is great bench depth.  I wouldn't want to have to play Howard on a regular basis, but given the right matchup or if forced to due to byes, I'd have no problems doing so.

20 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

If they don't unleash him tonight then I lost all confidence. I still have a bunch but tonight answers everything.  He gives us our best chance to win atm and they can't lose this game. 

Your welcome if anyone started him

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CooL said:

Ha.  This is the take of all the Miles Sanders owners going on in his thread, which is viewing things through rose colored glasses and trying to wish something on their guy that will never occur.  Wanted to pop back in here to see how JHoward's owners are feeling, but it is eerily quiet.  Yes, he's not a sexy guy to own and not somebody who your opponent will fear when he sees him in your starting lineup.  But brother got it done last night.  That is something to celebrate.  He is a definite hold.  And is great bench depth.  I wouldn't want to have to play Howard on a regular basis, but given the right matchup or if forced to due to byes, I'd have no problems doing so.

I don't disagree with what you said at all. But I have Zeke, Carson, and J. Jacobs in the league I have Sanders in. For my RB4, I like the upside of Sanders who I feel later in the season I could start with confidence over J. Howard who I don't think it's likely I could ever be confident starting. 

18 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

I just threw him in my flex last minute over Sony. He’s bout to flex on the goal line.

7 hours ago, CooL said:

I threw him in starting lineup because the game script was just to juicy not to:

1. Packers are pretty bad against the run

2. Thursday game- so a lot of players on defense are still gonna be banged up from only 4 days of rest

3. Howard is a bruising, physical back  

4. Sanders Just doesn't have that RB1 feel to him. Honestly from the eye test, Howard just looks more complete. I understand they spent a late 2nd round pick on Sanders but they need to win games and Howard gets it done.

I understand what you're saying about the flex position, I'm just somewhat superstious with my lineup. I like to have players that have earned it in my RB1/RB2..

Also even tho he blew up I think he's a very game specific flex option. He reminds me alot of Latravius Murray a few years ago when he played for the Raiders. 

13 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

I threw him in starting lineup because the game script was just to juicy not to:

1. Packers are pretty bad against the run

2. Thursday game- so a lot of players on defense are still gonna be banged up from only 4 days of rest

3. Howard is a bruising, physical back  

4. Sanders Just doesn't have that RB1 feel to him. Honestly from the eye test, Howard just looks more complete. I understand they spent a late 2nd round pick on Sanders but they need to win games and Howard gets it done.

I understand what you're saying about the flex position, I'm just somewhat superstious with my lineup. I like to have players that have earned it in my RB1/RB2..

Also even tho he blew up I think he's a very game specific flex option. He reminds me alot of Latravius Murray a few years ago when he played for the Raiders. 

??? Fantasy doesn't care whether your player is slotted into the RB or the flex position.  You get the same amount of points no matter where you put him, just as long as you start him.  His talent might not be worthy of being called an RB1 or RB2 and yes, when you look at weekly rankings, he'd probably fall into the flex category.  But that doesn't mean he has to play in the flex slot!  If CMC was playing on Monday night, he would be slotted into my Flex 100% of the time.  Doesn't mean I think he's only a flex worthy option.  Both your RBs could pull hammies today, and then you'd have to find two other options to fill your RB slots.  If you had put Howard into one of them, then you only need one RB and you have your choice for your flex.  But to each their own.  I'm just trying to help you be more strategic about your options. 

• Like 5

On 8/28/2019 at 11:51 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

a Potter's Field LaGarrette Blount ... stick a fork in JoHo - he gone. 

Lmfao

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

This much is certain -

I'm never drafting another Matt Nagy RB again. 

My line in the sand has been drawn.

⁉️😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

⁉️😂

Observe Howard's usage last year vs this year, and Montgomery's this year.

3 hours ago, CooL said:

??? Fantasy doesn't care whether your player is slotted into the RB or the flex position.  You get the same amount of points no matter where you put him, just as long as you start him.  His talent might not be worthy of being called an RB1 or RB2 and yes, when you look at weekly rankings, he'd probably fall into the flex category.  But that doesn't mean he has to play in the flex slot!  If CMC was playing on Monday night, he would be slotted into my Flex 100% of the time.  Doesn't mean I think he's only a flex worthy option.  Both your RBs could pull hammies today, and then you'd have to find two other options to fill your RB slots.  If you had put Howard into one of them, then you only need one RB and you have your choice for your flex.  But to each their own.  I'm just trying to help you be more strategic about your options. 

I understand the logic of what your saying. Mine is more a superstition, sorta like a baseball player wearing his lucky socks. It might not be logical but I feel like Howard only goes off if I flex him. It’s my superstitious way of feeling like I have some control over the outcome. Every time I’ve flexed someone on Monday night they’ve sucked so I try to avoid it now lol.

plus my other RB’s are CMC and Elker and I need them to feel confident going into their matchups 

Edited by Jrt80
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

I understand the logic of what your saying. Mine is more a superstition, sorta like a baseball player wearing his lucky socks. It might not be logical but I feel like Howard only goes off if I flex him. It’s my superstitious way of feeling like I have some control over the outcome. Every time I’ve flexed someone on Monday night they’ve sucked so I try to avoid it now lol.

plus my other RB’s are CMC and Elker and I need them to feel confident going into their matchups 

Do you bro. 

It worked also.  Howard looked awesome and man it looks bright going forward. Hopefully they can keep the same %s going forward. I know the amount of runs and efficiency may be hard to pull off week after week but the amount they're both used can be

On 9/26/2019 at 11:44 AM, K197040 said:

Trust me guy...wait for the coldness

You mean this guy?