Boudewijn

Jordan Howard 2019 Outlook

23 hours ago, CooL said:

??? Fantasy doesn't care whether your player is slotted into the RB or the flex position.  You get the same amount of points no matter where you put him, just as long as you start him.  His talent might not be worthy of being called an RB1 or RB2 and yes, when you look at weekly rankings, he'd probably fall into the flex category.  But that doesn't mean he has to play in the flex slot!  If CMC was playing on Monday night, he would be slotted into my Flex 100% of the time.  Doesn't mean I think he's only a flex worthy option.  Both your RBs could pull hammies today, and then you'd have to find two other options to fill your RB slots.  If you had put Howard into one of them, then you only need one RB and you have your choice for your flex.  But to each their own.  I'm just trying to help you be more strategic about your options. 

You tried; I give you credit for trying to have helped.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 1

Tempting but look at that schedule weeks 6-12..... no thanks.

16 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Tempting but look at that schedule weeks 6-12..... no thanks.

I wouldn’t be too concerned over that. The Eagles have played everyone tough. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I wouldn’t be too concerned over that. The Eagles have played everyone tough. 

From a real-life, team football perspective?  Sure.  But looking at one particular RB to be productive in that stretch?  I'd rather spend my roster spot elsewhere.

1 minute ago, JJ1223 said:

From a real-life, team football perspective?  Sure.  But looking at one particular RB to be productive in that stretch?  I'd rather spend my roster spot elsewhere.

Howard looks like the clear number 1. Sanders is one fumble away from seeing the bench a lot more. 

1 hour ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Howard looks like the clear number 1. Sanders is one fumble away from seeing the bench a lot more. 

I wouldn't say clear #1 but definitely 60/40 going forward.  Totally true about the fumbling thing tho. If Miles fumbles he could lose another 10-20% 

19 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I wouldn't say clear #1 but definitely 60/40 going forward.  Totally true about the fumbling thing tho. If Miles fumbles he could lose another 10-20% 

I like Howard a lot more. He is a beast! There was another run were he got tackled inside the 10, but it looked like had he kept his balance he was in. He got up visibly pissed off that he didn't score. I like that attitude, he thought he should've broke that tackle and scored. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I like Howard a lot more. He is a beast! There was another run were he got tackled inside the 10, but it looked like had he kept his balance he was in. He got up visibly pissed off that he didn't score. I like that attitude, he thought he should've broke that tackle and scored. 

Couldn't agree more. Love that attitude too

shoulda listened to the eagles fans posting in here before this past week #sadface

wont be sitting him again for sanders

• Thanks 1

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/10/duce-staley-explained-jordan-howard-miles-sanders-rb-rotation-so-far-and-how-it-might-look-going-forward-does-it-make-sense.html

Don’t try to figure out how this group might look in the coming weeks, though, because, week-to-week .... well, you never know.

“It’s based on the week,” Staley said. “You never know, next week it may be a lot of Jordan, a lot of Miles, the week after that it may just be Jordan sprinkled in with Miles. But they both know, all of them know, that it’s a rotation that’s constantly going.”

20 minutes ago, dashoe said:

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/10/duce-staley-explained-jordan-howard-miles-sanders-rb-rotation-so-far-and-how-it-might-look-going-forward-does-it-make-sense.html

Don’t try to figure out how this group might look in the coming weeks, though, because, week-to-week .... well, you never know.

“It’s based on the week,” Staley said. “You never know, next week it may be a lot of Jordan, a lot of Miles, the week after that it may just be Jordan sprinkled in with Miles. But they both know, all of them know, that it’s a rotation that’s constantly going.”

Sounds like a lot of Jordan. If Jordan keeps playing better than Sanders we will see a lot more of him. 

Why would any runningback who values his abilities ever sign up for that hot/cold treatment?

Edited by RockSexton

1 hour ago, RockSexton said:

Why would any runningback who values his abilities ever sign up for that hot/cold treatment?

You have to ask the RBs that play for the Patriots that. My guess is the chance to win a championship.

Having said that, it has always been a rotation with PHI RBs under Pederson. I'm likely starting Howard this week hoping he continues to get the touches.  I will admit I am worried that he could end up getting 8 carries and no passes thrown his way.   He does have a good chance to see some goal line work though but it could also end up being pretty quiet in here if things go south.

As long as DJack  is out , I expect there to be plenty of runs going forward. Just heard on philly radio that DJack didn't want surgery and wanted to try to gut it out through his groin injury(maybe sports hernia). That only helps Howard imo a lot! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

As long as DJack  is out , I expect there to be plenty of runs going forward. Just heard on philly radio that DJack didn't want surgery and wanted to try to gut it out through his groin injury(maybe sports hernia). That only helps Howard imo a lot! 

I don't buy that, that their offensive philosophy will change because DJax is in or out . I definitely think Howard is the better GL back, which in itself is pretty

valuable on this offense. Overall I think JoHo is the better back than Sanders , you just need to feed him to get him rolling , but this rotation crap just throws him

off rhythm. It's still a guessing game on which running back will be utilized more moving forward , but the next few weeks will paint a clearer picture on this

backfield. 

Edited by RunCMC

4 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I don't buy that, that their offensive philosophy will change because DJax is in or out . I definitely think Howard is the better GL back, which in itself is pretty

valuable on this offense. Overall I think JoHo is the better back than Sanders , you just need to feed him to get him rolling , but this rotation crap just throws him

off rhythm. It's still a guessing game on which running back will be utilized more moving forward , but the next few weeks will paint a clearer picture on this

backfield. 

Djack being out definitely matters. But your entitled to your opinion.

With him being out they finally figured out how to keep the defense guessing. It changed the dynamic the eagles wanted to go with. Took them a couple weeks to figured out their identity going forward without the field stretcher 

6 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Djack being out definitely matters. But your entitled to your opinion.

With him being out they finally figured out how to keep the defense guessing. It changed the dynamic the eagles wanted to go with. Took them a couple weeks to figured out their identity going forward without the field stretcher 

Djax is a big play guy who can’t stay healthy, he’s not that pivotal to a game plan. If anything, Djax being in makes defenses respect the deep ball and takes some pressure off the running game. They aren’t gonna suddenly change what they are doing week to week based on a guy who cant stay healthy that’s a one trick pony lol.

Edited by dakimbell
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Djax is a big play guy who can’t stay healthy, he’s not that pivotal to a game plan. If anything, Djax being in makes defenses respect the deep ball and takes some pressure off the running game. They aren’t gonna suddenly change what they are doing week to week based on a guy who cant stay healthy that’s a one trick pony lol.

Let's give DJax way more credit than that.  He is definitely more than a one trick pony but he certainly excels at stretching the field.  Guy could be the best slot WR on your team if used there.  Dude has a remarkable ability to run routes.  Again - respect. 

Plucked this guy off waivers and I think he's going to be a viable RB2/3 as long as he's seeing equal volume and the most-important goal line and red zone touches.

Heard one of the talking heads say this week that his projection has Howard with a "60% chance for a rushing score and a 10% chance for a receiving score".  I'm always interested how these "projections" are made.  Are they relying on one of the paid sites and statisticians to come up with this?  Are they making their own?  Lots of talking heads always say things like this and I wonder if they're just pulling numbers out of their a$$.

That being said, if Howard indeed has a 70% chance to score, then I think he's an easy start.

hi, my name is P.o.M. and i'm a Sanders troofer, JoHo doubter. 

or, at least i was ...

major props to this cat, best looking rb Pederson has ever had there - well done. 

Sanders was a 7th round spec for me, so ... it doesn't hurt - still an emergency plug n' play flex, on a very potent offense - but ... JoHo earned himself lions share of the work. 

great story here 👍

• Like 1

It would seem the the lack of respect for Howard coming into the season was mostly from his stats last season. It’s becoming clear that the problem is Matt Nagy. That guy is a total moron. Unfortunately I’m a huge Chicago fan for life and it’s hard to watch them misuse all their players nearly every game and I was 90% sure the huge falloff for JoHo was attributed to awful play calling. It’s so refreshing to see him being used based on what he does best. The way Philly is playing to the strength of their personal speaks volumes to the intellect of the coaching staff. Once DeShaun gets back and they are at full strength they are going to be a tough team to beat. Props to Philly! I’ll be pulling for JoHo always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dakimbell said:

You obviously don't know what im getting at. You must be a Sanders owner.  

• Haha 1