Sign in to follow this  
dashoe

Marcus Mariota 2019 Outlook

Mariota is atrocious. How he still has defenders I will never know. At no point in his career has he ever been above average, and he is certainly not better now than he was a rookie/sophomore. This is his last year starting in the NFL.

Tannehill time.  This guy is a bad backup on most teams.  Just a bad NFL QB.  Titans whiffed, admit it and move on.  Stubborn doesn’t win in NFL.  Winnable division if you make a move.  Just bench this f***** loser for the love of god.  How many more 3rd and 6 playaction 18 yard out route wildly misthrown incompletions do we need to see?

5 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Was he that bad? Didn’t seem like he had much time or space, he did get sacked nine times so it can’t all be on him.

Words cant even describe how bad his pocket awareness is. That with terrible play calling/design. This team doesn't stand a chance against any decent defense.

How the hell is Tannehill not starting over this bum? By far the worst opening day starter in the league. Titans seem like they're only a QB away from contenders too

4 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Was he that bad? Didn’t seem like he had much time or space, he did get sacked nine times so it can’t all be on him.

He shows no pocket awareness. No urgency to get the ball out and a lot of the sacks were his own fault and not on the OLine. And he showed zero mobility in moving the pocket and scrambling to extend plays. He is a big fat zero.

50 minutes ago, scheibler said:

How the hell is Tannehill not starting over this bum? By far the worst opening day starter in the league. Titans seem like they're only a QB away from contenders too

It’s pretty crazy. The Titans actually have a pretty stacked roster. The have an excellent defense, thunder and lightning options at RB, a true WR1, a talented rookie #2, an elite slot guy, decently talent backup WRs, a good Oline. There is no excuse for their ineptitude.

2 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

It’s pretty crazy. The Titans actually have a pretty stacked roster. The have an excellent defense, thunder and lightning options at RB, a true WR1, a talented rookie #2, an elite slot guy, decently talent backup WRs, a good Oline. There is no excuse for their ineptitude.

Could've fooled me last night.

Edited by Tugginroot
  • Like 1

Vrabel said the team isn’t considering making a change at the quarterback position.

I hate football. I hate life. I hate that I am a fan of a s---y football team and s---y front office that has sucked year in and out. 

2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Vrabel said the team isn’t considering making a change at the quarterback position.

I hate football. I hate life. I hate that I am a fan of a s---y football team and s---y front office that has sucked year in and out. 

I think the direct quote was at the moment.  My personal opinion, Tennessee loses on the road next week in Atlanta and Marcus puts on another forgettable performance.  Tanny starts the next game at home against the Bills.

I don't think Vrabel is married to Mariota. He never drafted him. And Vrabel has done some good things with the team since taking over. I doubt he would tip his hand regardless. Tannehill will start at some point.

4 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think the direct quote was at the moment.  My personal opinion, Tennessee loses on the road next week in Atlanta and Marcus puts on another forgettable performance.  Tanny starts the next game at home against the Bills.

Why would they lose at ATL when they won at CLE by 30?

16 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

its the ghost of jeff fisher

18 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Why would they lose at ATL when they won at CLE by 30?

Aint no telling with them. They could put 40 points on Atlanta, and follow the very next week against the Bills and drop 3 points the entire game.

Edited by cashvillesent

On 9/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, scheibler said:

How the hell is Tannehill not starting over this bum?

They're paying Mariota more than a million a game to suck. For that money, I think they want to make sure he really really sucks before he becomes an expensive clipboard holder.

Edited by Boudewijn

Lots of stuff in here about Mariota being terrible....

That said though, he's currently the QB8 in my league after 1/4 of the season and nobody seems to believe it.  

Maybe he starts to put things together this year?  I mean, he's had utter garbage to work with for most of his career to this point...both coach wise and talent-wise on offense IMO.  He's shown potential in the past...Had a real nice run of games a couple years ago before injuries hit. 

AJ Brown looks like he might be a player.  Maybe Davis starts to get it together.  They've got a solid running game.  And Mariota is a guy that can score points with his legs.

Obviously, I think this question will be answered quickly with his next 3 games against tough opponents.  All I'm saying is that he's been a better fantasy QB than many QB's I see people rostering in my league.

Yeah, odds are he's played over his head and crashes down.  But, every year there are a few surprises....maybe he can be one.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Lots of stuff in here about Mariota being terrible....

That said though, he's currently the QB8 in my league after 1/4 of the season and nobody seems to believe it.  

Maybe he starts to put things together this year?  I mean, he's had utter garbage to work with for most of his career to this point...both coach wise and talent-wise on offense IMO.  He's shown potential in the past...Had a real nice run of games a couple years ago before injuries hit. 

AJ Brown looks like he might be a player.  Maybe Davis starts to get it together.  They've got a solid running game.  And Mariota is a guy that can score points with his legs.

Obviously, I think this question will be answered quickly with his next 3 games against tough opponents.  All I'm saying is that he's been a better fantasy QB than many QB's I see people rostering in my league.

Yeah, odds are he's played over his head and crashes down.  But, every year there are a few surprises....maybe he can be one.  

I used to be a monster believer in him - hoping he can do the similar things like his days at Oregon. He's the 11th ranked QB in our setup, and I recently added him as an option with Cam out. He's been decent so far

Well he's one of those guys who's better in fantasy than in real life. In real life he's not very good. Has usually been a serviceable fantasy QB though. His last game was solid although of his 227 passing yards 55 came on the first TD to Brown, on which Brown did most of the work with broke tackles and YAC. FWIW Mariota is currently QB14 in my league.

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

I think he'll find it tough against Bills. 

You're probably right....And think that's what most are expecting....including me lol.

But IF he goes out and has a solid game, I'll bet a few people start taking more notice.

I'm just looking at him as a bench stash and bye week filler at this point.  But if he can have a couple more solid games, I could see him start having some trade value and becoming a viable streamer.

I currently have him rostered behind Wentz as I just like that Week 10 matchup at home against the Chiefs.  I think he could have a solid fantasy day in that one.

I wonder why the rankings are so different in leagues?  I'm in two leagues and he's QB7 in one that has bonus points for long TD's and QB8 in the other that is pretty standard scoring.

2 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

You're probably right....And think that's what most are expecting....including me lol.

But IF he goes out and has a solid game, I'll bet a few people start taking more notice.

I'm just looking at him as a bench stash and bye week filler at this point.  But if he can have a couple more solid games, I could see him start having some trade value and becoming a viable streamer.

I currently have him rostered behind Wentz as I just like that Week 10 matchup at home against the Chiefs.  I think he could have a solid fantasy day in that one.

I wonder why the rankings are so different in leagues?  I'm in two leagues and he's QB7 in one that has bonus points for long TD's and QB8 in the other that is pretty standard scoring.

here's our settings

image.thumb.png.85c5d3130709367b38a123050993e18f.png

I will say one this about Mariota, which is that losing Matt LaFleur seems to be a great thing.

LaFleur is obviously not good news for fantasy QBs

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 11:48 AM, pushaZ said:

I will say one this about Mariota, which is that losing Matt LaFleur seems to be a great thing.

LaFleur is obviously not good news for fantasy QBs

Agree on that.

Fantasy football is funny....Like I said above, every year there are surprises.

Who would've thought DJ Chark would be a top 15 WR after 1/4 of the season?  Or that Austin Ekeler was going to be a top 3 RB?

I think Mariota has shown the ability to have some big games in the past when they let him throw the ball.  His problems really came last year when they refused to throw more than 15-20 times a game.  When you look back at 2016 and 2017, he really wasn't horrible from a fantasy perspective.

Will be interesting to see what happens this week against a Bills defense that just made Tom Brady have one of the worst games he's played.  

Not sure if this has been pointed out in this thread but I just noticed MM hasn't thrown any picks yet. That's encouraging. 

In one league I have Cam Newton and Drew Brees. Basically being forced to start him.

Hoping for a decent game and some rushing yards. 🙏🙏🙏