Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

CarelessTautEuropeanfiresalamander-size_

Yeah, those divisional tilts are always tasty. I’m expecting a bounce back. He will unfortunately be a streamer this year because it is pretty easy to pick his good and bad matchups. 

Just now, K197040 said:

A bunch of panicking pansies.

Come next Tuesday, you will all starving while I eat my big fat W.

I hope you're right, but I'm still starting Mayfield this week.  I have the CAR D/ST and I'll say Jameis makes me nervous.  I'd gladly settle for a defensive fail though if it means some restored confidence in a Winston rebound.  The situation is still too good to write Jameis off after one bad start, despite the track record.  The trick is figuring out which weeks WInston is gonna be good.

Just now, JJ1223 said:

I get the point you're trying to make, but it's not just "one game".  He's been inconsistent and turnover prone his whole career.  Week 1 was supposed to put those concerns to bed, but instead it just made them more valid. 

So, yes, I'm sitting him.

Step back and read what you just wrote here: "Week 1 was supposed to put those concerns to bed, but instead it just made them more valid."

One week is suppose to put all your concerns to bed?  ONE WEEK????

You knew what you were getting when you drafted him is my point.  So yes you're evaluating him and basing everything at his week one performance.  Then saying, oh, based on history, the past, let's highlight all of his negatives.

Why did you draft and start him to begin with then?

• Like 1

Changed my tune on dropping him, but starting Josh Allen against the Giants over him. Juicier matchup and Josh had 16 PTs with 4 turnovers, showcasing the high floor.  Hope Winston gets better but he made some shockingly awful throws. 2 pick 6s in one game is ridiculous.

Just now, Yceman1234 said:

I hope you're right, but I'm still starting Mayfield this week.  I have the CAR D/ST and I'll say Jameis makes me nervous.  I'd gladly settle for a defensive fail though if it means some restored confidence in a Winston rebound.  The situation is still too good to write Jameis off after one bad start, despite the track record.  The trick is figuring out which weeks WInston is gonna be good.

I wouldn't worry too much about your defense.  I think you'll still log some sacks and at least one int.   And Jameis can still have a good day.

Agree that you go with Mayfield.  I wish I had the luxury.  

I dropped Lamar before the season for this chode. 

I dropped the chode and picked up Stafford. 

If the chode goes off like Lamar did I’m quitting. 

• Haha 2

This is one of those games where the public will hammer the Carolina side and Jameis will bounce back. Vegas has the total at 50 which means they expect sone points. I'm starting him one more week

10 minutes ago, scheibler said:

This is one of those games where the public will hammer the Carolina side and Jameis will bounce back. Vegas has the total at 50 which means they expect sone points. I'm starting him one more week

Just hoping it’s not 50-3 Panthers on 3 pick 6s and a sack/safety to go with 3 McCaffrey TDs and a couple FGs.  On the verge of dropping Winston but I’d love to get through this weekend.  Problem with the dude is he can put up a 4 TD week against a solid D and still go back to being a Coney Island sidewalk sawdusted barf pile the next week.  Guess that’s why we were all able to get him in the double digit rounds on draft day, though, huh?

Edited by FeastMode
  • Haha 2

I'm a big Winston fan since I'm an FSU grad. So, being practical, I did draft him late in a 12 team league. Winston will bounce back and have some great games. Panthers may control the clock with Run CMC and I don't see a shoot out happening here. They predicted that last week and it was a dumpster fire. That said, I'm holding Winston and hoping the INTs etc week one were an anomaly. Winston even in a bad game will get plenty of trash time points, so he's startable even if the Panthers are controlling the game flow. I expect WR Evans to step up along with TE OJ. You may get your FF points late so plan for a chill break early and mid-game but know the points will come.

I have him and Cam.  Either way I will sit the guy who goes off. Rolling with Cam this week which means Winston will have a good week.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Yeah, those divisional tilts are always tasty. I’m expecting a bounce back. He will unfortunately be a streamer this year because it is pretty easy to pick his good and bad matchups. 

Oh yeah? You mean you saw that 3 interception 2 pick six game coming against the 49ers? A defense that got how many interceptions all of last year? 7?

15 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I have him and Cam.  Either way I will sit the guy who goes off. Rolling with Cam this week which means Winston will have a good week.

I have Cam in another league and I'm sitting him this week for Matty Ice. I think the Panthers will roll with the run game and the game flow will be pretty slow. My prediction is that Cam's floor is 10 points and ceiling is 18, Winston's floor will be 15 and ceiling will be 30. Those points for Winston may come late but I'm confident Winston will rebound this week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Based on the numbers I posted earlier he's averaged 265 yards 1 td and about 1.3 ints vs. Carolina in 7 games. Maybe your scoring is different than mine but I don't consider that tasty.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fabrini said:

Based on the numbers I posted earlier he's averaged 265 yards 1 td and about 1.3 ints vs. Carolina in 7 games. Maybe your scoring is different than mine but I don't consider that tasty.

unless your are in a league where INTs are +2 pts...

2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Oh yeah? You mean you saw that 3 interception 2 pick six game coming against the 49ers? A defense that got how many interceptions all of last year? 7?

Believe it or not, they only had 2 interceptions in all of 2018. Not a typo, 2.

Of course, their front 7 is much better this year, but your point is definitely fair. 

8 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

I did not. I did have a bad feeling enough to start Kyler Murray instead. 🤷‍♂️ 

7 hours ago, Fabrini said:

Eh, do what you have to do. I don’t base my decisions on averages. 

18 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Changed my tune on dropping him, but starting Josh Allen against the Giants over him. Juicier matchup and Josh had 16 PTs with 4 turnovers, showcasing the high floor.  Hope Winston gets better but he made some shockingly awful throws. 2 pick 6s in one game is ridiculous.

This is what I'm doing too.  Seems like if you play matchups with these 2 you might end up with a solid QB every week.

I am a huge Bucs fan and have Jameis Winston Jersey as well. That said after watching that entire game and seeing how bad he looked I dropped him from my starting roster given I also had picked up Lamar Jackson in the draft. I'd figured one of the two would hit this year. I'll let somebody else take the risk on Jameis. Reality is he is going to have some great games this year. but I can't trust him in my lineup because he is going to put up some stinkers to and he is the number one reason I lost my match last week. on the waiver wire on any given week or at least five guys with similar projected points to what he has been projected the first two weeks of the season. If I ever feel the need I will just pick one up and play the matchups. Quarterback has gotten so deep it's not worth taking the risk on him anymore.

43 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

This is what I'm doing too.  Seems like if you play matchups with these 2 you might end up with a solid QB every week.

Not true, not with Winston. Who thought his matchup vs the 49ers wasn't juicy? That defense had TWO interceptions all of last year. They had THREE against Winston! I mean come on man this dude is the opposite of reliable or predictable. You have no idea what he's gonna do. He could go out and throw 4 touchdowns against the Panthers and then throw 3 more picks next week. Yeah no thanks I'm done.

3 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Not true, not with Winston. Who thought his matchup vs the 49ers wasn't juicy? That defense had TWO interceptions all of last year. They had THREE against Winston! I mean come on man this dude is the opposite of reliable or predictable. You have no idea what he's gonna do. He could go out and throw 4 touchdowns against the Panthers and then throw 3 more picks next week. Yeah no thanks I'm done.

I am getting to this point to. More than likely I will be dropping him for Josh Allen, who at least has way more upside. 

8 hours ago, Fabrini said:

That would also only be relevant if he played all 7 games last year. I would never base my decision on a current season because of a career average. Those teams are not the same year after year. In his lone game last year, he had 249 passing yards with 48 rushing yards and 2 passing TDs with no interceptions. That’s relevant, not his career average. 

45 minutes ago, collucho said:

I'm starting him over Kyler vs. Baltimore this week. Say a prayer for me.

This is literally my situation, with Josh Allen still on waivers.  I'm giving it one more week and going with Jameis.