Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, blabety said:

I've got Pathers D. Lets compromise 3 TDs 425 yards, 2 pick sixes.

 

You should become a diplomat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess tonight was the opposite of what sometimes happens for Winston. He played fairly well, but didn't end up with a big fantasy day (versus his poor games filled with turnovers, that still sometimes end up producing a big fantasy day).

From what I saw, Winston had 2 passes that should have been TD's but were dropped. There was the 1st half pass to Evans in the end zone which he couldn't come down with. And then there was the 2nd half pass to Perriman in the end zone that went right through his hands (Perriman also dropped a 3rd down pass which may have been a first down but instead led to a punt). If either of those potential TD's ends up being caught, Winston ends up with a strong fantasy game. 

But he looked pretty good for the most part, didn't turn the ball over (though he did come close to one pick) and at least didn't have a disaster outing. 

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't a perfect game by far. Actually, it was quite sloppy. However, Winston showed a lot. These are the type of wins that gets you recognition.....and gets you paid. Road division wins are hard to come by. From a fantasy perspective, hopefully he can build on this.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Well, I guess tonight was the opposite of what sometimes happens for Winston. He played fairly well, but didn't end up with a big fantasy day (versus his poor games filled with turnovers, that still sometimes end up producing a big fantasy day).

From what I saw, Winston had 2 passes that should have been TD's but were dropped. There was the 1st half pass to Evans in the end zone which he couldn't come down with. And then there was the 2nd half pass to Perriman in the end zone that went right through his hands (Perriman also dropped a 3rd down pass which may have been a first down but instead led to a punt). If either of those potential TD's ends up being caught, Winston ends up with a strong fantasy game. 

But he looked pretty good for the most part, didn't turn the ball over (though he did come close to one pick) and at least didn't have a disaster outing. 

 

Actually that potential pick wouldn't have been his fault if it had occurred. Winston hit the WR in stride in his hands but he bobbled it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Told you he was just a little rusty game 1...top 5 ROS

Wut? Today's score won't even put him close to top 12 this week....

Share with me some of the sisha you're smoking....

Not usable unless for matchups in 1 QB league

Edited by Szer0
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough call, but I'm gonna have to cut ties with Mr. Winston.  

It's pretty barren on the waivers, but his services are no longer needed in my 3QB league.

Gonna drop him for some some positional depth at the kicker position.

 

...For real though... All that talent on offense, no more looming threat to get benched every game, new HC at the helms... sometimes, you just can't fix a weak link without a complete replacement.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Joey Harringtons said:

Tough call, but I'm gonna have to cut ties with Mr. Winston.  

It's pretty barren on the waivers, but his services are no longer needed in my 3QB league.

Gonna drop him for some some positional depth at the kicker position.

 

...For real though... All that talent on offense, no more looming threat to get benched every game, new HC at the helms... sometimes, you just can't fix a weak link without a complete replacement.

3 qb league what? Gotta keep him in that league, brush it off on to the next week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering how last week went I thought he threw the ball pretty well in a short week on the road. Kuechly dropped what would have been an ugly interception and he had another drive with some bad decisions, but he also put the ball in a position for Evans to score with a nice catch and another touchdown went right through Perriman’s hands. Doesn’t win us a fantasy week but winning the actual football game could help him long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

 

Actually that potential pick wouldn't have been his fault if it had occurred. Winston hit the WR in stride in his hands but he bobbled it.  

I was referring to the long pass that Kuechly almost picked off. Between that pass though and the two dropped TD passes, I'd say Kuechly's dropped INT was the toughest catch to make. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Winston proved again that he's not a viable starting QB in fantasy football.

 

What game were you watching? He played well. Had 2 passes in the EZ that could have easily been caught (Definitely the one through Perriman's hands). Made very few mistakes. Looked worlds better than Cam. 

The game script sucked because the Panthers couldn't generate offense. Let's see what happens when they play the Giants secondary next week and the Rams (in a shootout) the following week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think he played too bad, I thought he played scared more than anything. If Evans brought down that endzone look (which for Evans isn't extraordinary) his whole stat line looks improved and he's maybe getting himself into the top 12 for Week 2. I still think the new system is a work in progress, but I think we should be encouraged by Winston after last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

What game were you watching? He played well. Had 2 passes in the EZ that could have easily been caught (Definitely the one through Perriman's hands). Made very few mistakes. Looked worlds better than Cam. 

The game script sucked because the Panthers couldn't generate offense. Let's see what happens when they play the Giants secondary next week and the Rams (in a shootout) the following week. 

I'm looking at years of fantasy football performance and that's all I care about with Winston.  I don't care about him winning games because I'm not a Bucs fan.  I care about him helping in fantasy football and he's proved to me numerous times over the years that he is not a reliable starting QB.  He should be used for streaming purposes and that's about it in redraft leagues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

200 yards a game

10 yards rushing a game

3 Int and 1 fumble 

2 TDs

 

- waiver fodder in 1 QB leagues I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything Jameis gave you last night will be equaled or surpassed by likely multiple dudes on your waiver wire this week. He's a matchup streamer at best, which is what he's been for the last year and half. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOOOOOT GO BUCS

 

Image result for eating W.gif

 

Edit: Streamer in fantasy/Bye week guy unless 2 QB league.....

Edited by kmoore1521

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tenner said:

200 yards a game

10 yards rushing a game

3 Int and 1 fumble 

2 TDs

 

- waiver fodder in 1 QB leagues I think. 

While the stats are the stats and we don't get credit for "what-ifs", it's worth noting that...

--Winston had 2 TD's in Week 1 called back because of penalty (they were on the same drive, so let's call it 1 lost TD).
--One of Winston's Week 1 INT's was directly caused by a dropped pass from Howard. 
--And 2 TD passes on different drives were dropped last night (one by Evans, one by Perriman).

I'm not saying Winston has been great, as he hasn't been. But he really hasn't been far from 5 TD passes and 3 total turnovers. Now one can be worried about the team around him and think perhaps things like this continue to occur for Winston. But perhaps things will even out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

WOOOOOT GO BUCS

 

Image result for eating W.gif

 

Edit: Streamer in fantasy/Bye week guy unless 2 QB league.....

 

LOL I saw a thing on Matthew Berry talking about his sick addiction to Winston... He went into eating an L lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two dropped TD passes and considering the O-line kept making penalties putting the team in unfavorable game scripts I thought Winston played well.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Two dropped TD passes and considering the O-line kept making penalties putting the team in unfavorable game scripts I thought Winston played well.  

He will make some great throws over the course of a game but he still makes some boneheaded decisions and seems to crumble under pressure.

That is his fantasy value in a nutshell.  Will be wildly inconsistent with moments of success.

Should have had an INT last night...threw one right to Kuechly and he dropped an easy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Two dropped TD passes and considering the O-line kept making penalties putting the team in unfavorable game scripts I thought Winston played well.  

So did I. I have to be a bit biased because he is a starter in my 2 qb league but I was encouraged. No turnovers against a decent Panthers defense and just missed on a 2 TDs. He had 2 called back last week. A firm hold, at least for me and my situation. I debated right before the game on picking up his backup until I saw Gabbert was hurt. Yes Gabbert. It's a 12 teamer and NOBODY is left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

He will make some great throws over the course of a game but he still makes some boneheaded decisions and seems to crumble under pressure.

That is his fantasy value in a nutshell.  Will be wildly inconsistent with moments of success.

Should have had an INT last night...threw one right to Kuechly and he dropped an easy one.

 

???  We knew that buying in that Winston occasionally makes boneheaded mistakes but was/is potentially a high fantasy points production maker.

 

I don't see your point?  Were you expecting him to not make any mistakes when he has a track record of doing so? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.