Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Nah, he'll put up 7 points this week. I refuse to believe he can be a reliable fantasy option until I see it. People are gonna be forced to play roulette with him though because of his upside and because of Brees/Baker/Ben/Cam/Goff

Until you see it? Did you not ‘see it’ today? He’ll have more ups and downs than most QB1’s and I agree that it surely dampens his outlook when you don’t know if you’re getting 30 or 5 out of him, but it looks clear to me that he’ll end up a top 6-10 QB this year. He’s figured out this offense, has a semblance of a running game, and a backloaded home schedule. I buy it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Until you see it? Did you not ‘see it’ today? He’ll have more ups and downs than most QB1’s and I agree that it surely dampens his outlook when you don’t know if you’re getting 30 or 5 out of him, but it looks clear to me that he’ll end up a top 6-10 QB this year. He’s figured out this offense, has a semblance of a running game, and a backloaded home schedule. I buy it. 

Jameis has had plenty of games like this, the second you actually start him in fantasy he lays an egg. He's already done it this year. Fantasy points don't matter, fantasy points that are actually in your lineup matter. Jameis doesn't give you those consistently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will have his good games. Had his customary awful throws in the one too but only the one bit him. Could have had more. He plays so frantic in the pocket. Has no poise and is still forcing things. The 3 int game will come.

He was he best QB on the field today though! Goff, oh man that was bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Jameis has had plenty of games like this, the second you actually start him in fantasy he lays an egg. He's already done it this year. Fantasy points don't matter, fantasy points that are actually in your lineup matter. Jameis doesn't give you those consistently. 

 

Just remember in the other games he had 3 or 4 TDs called back...the man is putting up points on the scoreboard and NOBODY predicted he would play this well on the road against a pretty good defense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re absolutely right about that, spanker. Every single “expert” out there said avoid like the plague because Rams def is unreal good. Stupidity, I listened like many others did and sat him. It seems he’s getting a hold of this offense now and looks like a must start. For those that say “yeah but he will have awful games”! Don’t they all? Look at the fantasy points brady put up this week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Nah, he'll put up 7 points this week. I refuse to believe he can be a reliable fantasy option until I see it. People are gonna be forced to play roulette with him though because of his upside and because of Brees/Baker/Ben/Cam/Goff

 

I guess you did not watch a second of the game today where they went on the road to LA as 7 point underdogs and put 55 points? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, savagenatn said:

You’re absolutely right about that, spanker. Every single “expert” out there said avoid like the plague because Rams def is unreal good. Stupidity, I listened like many others did and sat him. It seems he’s getting a hold of this offense now and looks like a must start. For those that say “yeah but he will have awful games”! Don’t they all? Look at the fantasy points brady put up this week. 

I also listened to the experts and dropped (limited bench) him for Brissett.  I was going to pick him back up for Week 5 but, someone already snagged him.  Brissett provides a steady floor but, he doesn't have a high ceiling like Winston.  I'm regretting that move now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shows how long a week 1 overreaction can haunt a guy.  He's played three good games in the three weeks since.  Week 2: good from a real football perspective, only ok for fantasy.  Then 2 gems both real and fake football in weeks 3 & 4, week 4 in a "nightmare matchup" (well, the "experts" called it a nightmare.  I never understood why and started him in 2 leagues).  But since he crapped the bed in week 1, ppl still doubt.  He'll have bad games, all QBs do.  Jameis is a ROS QB1 and I don't see much of an argument against that notion.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ralphg13 said:

 

I guess you did not watch a second of the game today where they went on the road to LA as 7 point underdogs and put 55 points? 

I watched the entire game. I also didn't just start following the NFL yesterday. Jameis is a completely unreliable fantasy option, this isn't news to most people. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I watched the entire game. I also didn't just start following the NFL yesterday. Jameis is a completely unreliable fantasy option, this isn't news to most people. 

 

You are kidding us right? Well I guess I'm going to hitch my wagon and go down with the ship since I drafted him late when other "reliable consistent" QBs like Brady, Prescott, Matt Ryan, Watson, etc tore it up this week.

 

Like another poster stated, everyone has bad games. Brees killed owners last years in the playoffs with multiple bad games in a row.


But please don't tout-assert like it's some proven fact Winston is a completely unreliable fantasy option. Yes Winston will have sub-par games (EVERYONE does as mentioned above) which is why we got him at a discount in drafts but the dudes ceiling is as high as any QB in the game today.   

 

We all knew the risks but we selected him in drafts because of all of the positive writing on the wall:

1. 2019 QB job security.

2. Arians tutelage who believed in Winston to take over has head coach.

3. Surrounded by a vast arsenal of weapons.

4. Fantasy friendly QB with a history of big games.  

 

Many of us who drafted him late in drafts took him as our #1 QB for those reasons and we are willing to take the bad games with the potential monster ones.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

I watched the entire game. I also didn't just start following the NFL yesterday. Jameis is a completely unreliable fantasy option, this isn't news to most people. 

Our league scoring is -6 for a pick 6 and even with the -18 he is STILL sitting at 14th overall in QB scoring,personally I'll take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sell at an all time high!!

MOST points scored in Tampa Bay history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was great to see him do so well in a matchup that all the experts said was not a week to start him. This gives me confidence in starting him pretty much every week going forward. He’ll have some duds but his upside is great and the duds are hard to predict. Maybe he just needed those first couple of games to get into a grove with the new offensive scheme. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would sell this week if it's possible. I've owned Winston a lot over the years. If you have someone interested, sell him off at this price. Everyone thought to bench him this week and he went off. Next thing you know you'll get comfortable and play him every week, and then you will be scarred tremendously when the next 3 INT game comes. 

I did watch a lot of the game. The Rams Defense looked absolutely lost, and Jameis still tried to pull a Jameis and give the game back. the pick 6 in the fourth quarter was not a good decision, and as others have said he still has no poise in the pocket.

Of course, it is QB so you may not get a ton. But I'd be floored if I could flip him for someone you can start at another position or a more consistent QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, KenboSlice925 said:

I would sell this week if it's possible. I've owned Winston a lot over the years. If you have someone interested, sell him off at this price. Everyone thought to bench him this week and he went off. Next thing you know you'll get comfortable and play him every week, and then you will be scarred tremendously when the next 3 INT game comes. 

I did watch a lot of the game. The Rams Defense looked absolutely lost, and Jameis still tried to pull a Jameis and give the game back. the pick 6 in the fourth quarter was not a good decision, and as others have said he still has no poise in the pocket.

Of course, it is QB so you may not get a ton. But I'd be floored if I could flip him for someone you can start at another position or a more consistent QB.

This is good in theory, but it would be hard to get equal or greater value for Winston in a trade. He went late in drafts because of his uncertainty. It’s doubtful someone would trade you a more dependable QB1 or a Fantasy starter at another position. If you can make that happen though, it’s not a bad idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

It was great to see him do so well in a matchup that all the experts said was not a week to start him. This gives me confidence in starting him pretty much every week going forward. He’ll have some duds but his upside is great and the duds are hard to predict. Maybe he just needed those first couple of games to get into a grove with the new offensive scheme. 

Can't remember who it was but someone was interviewing Carson Palmer who said that it would take a few weeks for Winston to get up to speed with the offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KenboSlice925 said:

I would sell this week if it's possible. I've owned Winston a lot over the years. If you have someone interested, sell him off at this price. Everyone thought to bench him this week and he went off. Next thing you know you'll get comfortable and play him every week, and then you will be scarred tremendously when the next 3 INT game comes. 

I did watch a lot of the game. The Rams Defense looked absolutely lost, and Jameis still tried to pull a Jameis and give the game back. the pick 6 in the fourth quarter was not a good decision, and as others have said he still has no poise in the pocket.

Of course, it is QB so you may not get a ton. But I'd be floored if I could flip him for someone you can start at another position or a more consistent QB.

 

Don't you understand what Jameis was trying to do?  He wanted the pick 6 so he could keep throwing the ball for his FF owners who believed in him.  Last week the O went conservative and they lost the game.  Winston was keeping his foot on the pedal.

 

In fact, IRRC, it was the next drive he hit Evans on the bomb passing score.  Both Evans and his owners went silent as crickets and weren't complaining after that.

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, y2jbones said:

This is good in theory, but it would be hard to get equal or greater value for Winston in a trade. He went late in drafts because of his uncertainty. It’s doubtful someone would trade you a more dependable QB1 or a Fantasy starter at another position. If you can make that happen though, it’s not a bad idea. 

Completely agree, but it all depends on the league you play in. Maybe you have a very reactionary Deshaun Watson owner who is growing frustrated, or someone that still hasn't replaced Brees or Ben. Doesn't hurt to try is my stance, this was the peak of the Winston mountain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QB1, got to ride the ups and downs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KenboSlice925 said:

Completely agree, but it all depends on the league you play in. Maybe you have a very reactionary Deshaun Watson owner who is growing frustrated, or someone that still hasn't replaced Brees or Ben. Doesn't hurt to try is my stance, this was the peak of the Winston mountain. 

 If that is his peak against a good Rams D then I am thrilled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

 If that is his peak against a good Rams D then I am thrilled.

I personally don't believe, we've seen his peak yet. I believe Shameis Jameis has a 400 yard 5td game coming and he's bringing hell with it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I personally don't believe, we've seen his peak yet. I believe Shameis Jameis has a 400 yard 5td game coming and he's bringing hell with it.

I don't either. Supposedly it takes a bit to get comfy in Arians system. He has a good set of weapons around him. He has always had the talent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I personally don't believe, we've seen his peak yet. I believe Shameis Jameis has a 400 yard 5td game coming and he's bringing hell with it.

 

Will it silence his critics if he has a good game against the Saints that shut down the Cowboys O this week?

 

Kurt-Russell-tombstone-tell-them-im-coming-hells-coming-with-me-reaction-13842498143.gif?id=

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucs QBs last season finished QB #2 by a substantial margin between Mahomes and Big Ben, so there's that.

Then there's this: http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000001017606/article/most-consistent-fantasy-quarterbacks-of-2018

T-9. Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (45.5 percent): That's right ... Winston was also one of the more consistent fantasy quarterbacks in 2018. He hit the 19-plus point mark in five of his 11 games and was a top-10 option five times. Here's an interesting stat. If you combined the fantasy points Fitzpatrick and Winston scored (361.62), they would have finished second behind only Mahomes.

 

I'm rolling with him in two 2 qb leagues weekly unless there's a total collapse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

But please don't tout-assert like it's some proven fact Winston is a completely unreliable fantasy option.

Again, I didn't start watching football yesterday. You're not saying he's Mahomes. I'm not saying he's a QB3. I'm stating facts. He is a completely unreliable fantasy option, and everybody knows it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.