Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

You don't get admitted to Stanford for being an idiot unless you’re really good at football.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Damn you dropped him?? Who is your starting QB now? Who were you able to pickup? Just curious.

I had Ryan on my bench this past weekend, so just sticking with him ROS. I thought Jameis had turned a corner, but alas Jameis will Jameis . 

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I have him on a team. Problem is I am not starting him every game because with him you generally still need to play the matchups. Like if he could link up with Evans on the days I start him it would be fantastic, like last game. I should have sat him but my opponent had Godwin going so needed to make sure if he caught firs again it wouldn't hurt too bad. I really think the back half of the season will be a lot better for him. Once he understands the Arians offense better. I don't think he's dumb like a lot of people seem to believe. He's made poor choices in life and on the field at times but he's got brains if he'll use them. You don't get admitted to Stanford for being an idiot.

That's the whole reason I started him last game, to stack him with my Godwin . That garbage time TD literally saved my week , and it was all Godwin and his man strength to make that play even happen. Regardless the next few matchups I don't like at all , CAR , bye week , @TEN , @ SEA . He needs to show some consistency only knock on his game , and the turnovers obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Places like Stanford have way higher academic standards than most other football schools. That’s why they typically suck at football. 

• Like 4

I only saw pieces of the last game on Red Zone which really irritated me.  They kept showing other games of teams who's games were essentially over or were playing mid-field.  I kept thinking if Brees were playing they would have showcased the game without a doubt.

Anyway the few times they showed the game, Winston was under pressure alot.  As someone noted they have injuries along that O-line right now.  I did see Winston hold onto the ball two times too long but other than that, he needs time to throw and without that time Evans will be greatly downgraded IMHO.   

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Dropped him, don't want to deal with this mess . Exactly as you said, you'll bench him when he goes off and he'll choke when you start him. Crazy high ceiling that's what most folks are enamored with , I feel like your chasing points with this dude sometimes. No thanks , have enough headaches choosing my starting lineup every week 

I've never seen a QB who fits this mold better than Winston does. He erupts whenever he has a 'bad matchup' on paper, and lays an egg whenever he's a streamer of the week. It's impossible to figure out when to play Jameis.

Unfortunately I have no better options.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

All defensive bets are off in London. I think Bucs bounce back a bit, and Winston's in for a high floor game, maybe not ceiling, but won't kill you 

No such thing as high floor when you're talking about Jameis Winston 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was looking at how Winston has done on a weekly and overall basis across leagues with 6-point passing TD's and 4-point passing TD's. Here are the results:

image.png.b22f8b84b6c35b7e0de41743c8b7ac14.png

On a weekly basis, the only difference was Week 3, where he was #3 and #4 across both formats. Every other week has been the same result. But overall, he's #7 in the 6-point leagues and #10 in the 4-point leagues. Either way, he's been a "QB1" so far.

Edited by Corleone
  • Like 3

And piggybacking on the last post above, I took a look at the Top 20 QB's ranked by PPG so far (in 6-point passing TD leagues). Here's how they've fared in the weekly QB ranks...

I highlighted Top 5 scores in green. I highlighted Bottom 10 scores in red (note that there were only 30 starting QB's in Weeks 4 and 5 due to byes).
I also put Jimmy G in at the final spot although he's technically #21, as I replaced #20 Keenum who is without a starting job right now.

image.png.eaaa63f6309226f46623fb67687dfe50.png

Maybe Winston hasn't been as bad or as inconsistent as some people think, when you look at how other QB's have fared fantasy-wise.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Corleone said:

And piggybacking on the last post above, I took a look at the Top 20 QB's ranked by PPG so far (in 6-point passing TD leagues). Here's how they've fared in the weekly QB ranks...

I highlighted Top 5 scores in green. I highlighted Bottom 10 scores in red (note that there were only 30 starting QB's in Weeks 4 and 5 due to byes).
I also put Jimmy G in at the final spot although he's technically #21, as I replaced #20 Keenum who is without a starting job right now.

image.png.eaaa63f6309226f46623fb67687dfe50.png

Maybe Winston hasn't been as bad or as inconsistent as some people think, when you look at how other QB's have fared fantasy-wise.

He hasn't... but what are the rotoworld forums if there aren't a bunch of whiners? 

That doesn't mean Winston isn't an idiot though, because he obviously is. But everyone knew that going in. As long as he scores fantasy points regularly, he can eat as many of his fingers as he wants.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, miasma16 said:

No such thing as high floor when you're talking about Jameis Winston 

Pretty much this...  Winston is one of the few QBs that I worry about getting a 0 from on any given week.  The only thing that separates him from somebody like Flacco is his very high ceiling.

51 minutes ago, RJRJRJ said:

Pretty much this...  Winston is one of the few QBs that I worry about getting a 0 from on any given week.  The only thing that separates him from somebody like Flacco is his very high ceiling.

Meh

I played Rivers over him last week.

Rivers had 4 points

• Like 1

Winston has as high a ceiling and as a low a floor as anyone out there, and that is the problem.  His lack of consistency has you playing QB roulette.  I have been blessed and burned having him in my lineup.   But when you wait to draft QB’s this is your lot in life.   Might as well embrace it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

Winston has as high a ceiling and as a low a floor as anyone out there, and that is the problem.  His lack of consistency has you playing QB roulette.  I have been blessed and burned having him in my lineup.   But when you wait to draft QB’s this is your lot in life.   Might as well embrace it

Exactly. You could have drafted Aaron Rodgers early and be left to wonder if this is the new norm for him, given that he's 35 and they're relying on defense and the ground game a lot more these days. There are worse positions to be in. Winston is a top10-15 option most weeks.

• Like 2

I would also venture to say besides the top 6 qbs so far this year in Lamar Jackson, Wilson, Watson, Mahomes, Prescott, and Ryan, Winston is as good of an option as any. Last year, his 4 INTs game would kill you for that week and risk a benching the next. However, this year, he has cut down on his turnovers and his replacement has left town. So there are definitely positives in that regard.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WVFalcon said:

Winston Vs. Panthers last 8 game avg: 21/34, 258 yds, 1.0 TD, 1.1 int  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WinsJa00/gamelog/?opp_id=car

He usually struggles against this Panthers zone D. I'm kind of feeling uneasy about playing him. He hasn't thrown 2 TD's against them since 2015

Which is why this will be one of his weeks to go ham.

Defense does not seem to travel to London very well...

1 hour ago, WVFalcon said:

Winston Vs. Panthers last 8 game avg: 21/34, 258 yds, 1.0 TD, 1.1 int  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WinsJa00/gamelog/?opp_id=car

He usually struggles against this Panthers zone D. I'm kind of feeling uneasy about playing him. He hasn't thrown 2 TD's against them since 2015

He did seem to figure them out in the 2nd half when they last played. Maybe he can do it for a whole game this time. The pass protection worries me though. 

10 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I completely jinxed him by hyping him up. To reverse the jinx, I’ll just say he’s a complete failure as a qb, not even worthy to be the team’s waterboy.

But that would be accurate though

I'm going to say this in the nicest way I possibly can.

Jameis Winston is the biggest piece of s--- in fantasy football. Fantasy apps have a do not drop list, they should add a do not add list just for this bum.

5 interceptions and a fumble

I can't wait to drop this loser so after the bye my opponent can pick him up where he scores 40+ fantasy points against me

Edited by n4sa
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, n4sa said:

I'm going to say this in the nicest way I possibly can.

Jameis Winston is the biggest piece of s--- in fantasy football. Fantasy apps have a do not drop list, they should add a do not add list just for this bum.

As someone who is invested in the entire Bucs offense (Jameis, Evans, Godwin), I find it incredibly laughable that both Godwin and Evans had basically WR1/2 performances today, and Winston somehow had 10-12 pts...?

I laughed at someone in this thread who said they dropped Winston a long time ago due to the peaks and valleys, but I think I'm on that train now. Can't deal with this guy anymore...cost me this week, and last week...

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

As someone who is invested in the entire Bucs offense (Jameis, Evans, Godwin), I find it incredibly laughable that both Godwin and Evans had basically WR1/2 performances today, and Winston somehow had 10-12 pts...?

I laughed at someone in this thread who said they dropped Winston a long time ago due to the peaks and valleys, but I think I'm on that train now. Can't deal with this guy anymore...cost me this week, and last week...

Yeah I would have never started him if Josh Allen wasn't on his bye this week. Unfortunately I listened to all the talking heads saying Winston is an every week must start.

What an absolute joke.

• Thanks 1