Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Any other Winston/Lamar owners ready to do something terrifying this week?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, K197040 said:

What's fun is to just watch RedZone. 

Then when they cut to show a play with Winston, try to guess if it's a TD or an int. or a strip fumble.

This sounds like a really fun/potent drinking game....

Why can't this guy avoid all the fumbles? I get the INTs because he is inaccurate, but hold on to the dang ball.

7 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

This sounds like a really fun/potent drinking game....

Why can't this guy avoid all the fumbles? I get the INTs because he is inaccurate, but hold on to the dang ball.

Was just wondering about his hand size and sure enough...found the below info.

It would help explain both his inaccuracy and his inability to hang on to the ball.

http://www.espn.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/12347816/jameis-winston-small-hands-not-good-sign-draft-qbs

Winston's hands reportedly measured 9 3/8 inches at the NFL combine. That would make him a rarity among NFL quarterbacks. Out of the 61 QBs who've started a game since 2006, only 14 have had hands 9 3/8 inches or smaller. Twelve of those quarterbacks have started two or more games, and the results, with one notable exception, are not pretty.

8 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I've got Lamar in atm, I'm sure I'll shuffle some come Sunday... if the weather is nice in Seattle I may roll Winston just because you may have 3 turnovers but still have 400 yards and 3 tuddies, plus I liked that he was running the ball some last game. 

I still think Lamar will have a good game, Pat's D is no joke but they also really haven't been tested outside of Buffalo. Lamar has had 2 weeks to prep for this game, hes ready for the challenge. 

• Thanks 1

What's his dynasty outlook ie: as a Godwin owner I'm curious if he will be back in Tampa next year or if he will be throwing interceptions somewhere else?

6 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

What's his dynasty outlook ie: as a Godwin owner I'm curious if he will be back in Tampa next year or if he will be throwing interceptions somewhere else?

No idea but I don't think Godwin takes a hit.  I'm assuming Arians is still there.   Any decent QB would support Godwin's fantasy value.  

You do realize Jameis had 11 INTs in his first 5 games last year and then had 3 the rest of the year right?

He will be just fine.  Two of those interceptions last week were definitely not his fault.  Nor was the fumble.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

You do realize Jameis had 11 INTs in his first 5 games last year and then had 3 the rest of the year right?

He will be just fine.  Two of those interceptions last week were definitely not his fault.  Nor was the fumble.  

Considering he played in 11, and started 9, the "rest of the year" isn't as impressive as you make it sound.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sternes said:

Considering he played in 11, and started 9, the "rest of the year" isn't as impressive as you make it sound.

He cut down his TOs.  That's what counts the most.  I mean Perriman is a terrible WR and the 4th WR (can't remember his name) have been responsible for 4 or 5 turnovers not running the right route or giving up on plays. 

Just like his coach stated, he's been trying to do too much.  Considering his RT was out and the past rush he was under before the bye.  Mike Evans dropping 3 TDs which come to mind, and no running game to help him in the slightest, he was trying to do too much by holding on the ball and trying to extend plays.   

6 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

He cut down his TOs.  That's what counts the most.  I mean Perriman is a terrible WR and the 4th WR (can't remember his name) have been responsible for 4 or 5 turnovers not running the right route or giving up on plays. 

Just like his coach stated, he's been trying to do too much.  Considering his RT was out and the past rush he was under before the bye.  Mike Evans dropping 3 TDs which come to mind, and no running game to help him in the slightest, he was trying to do too much by holding on the ball and trying to extend plays.   

The route was Perriman's fault.  Why was Winston even targeting him?

Winston had a patch of turnovers, then cut them down, then went right back to turning it over this season.  How is touting a handful of good games when he reverted back this season relevant?

Winston is Bortles with less rushing ability and more fumbles.  I'm not sure how he keeps getting these free passes from people.

Edited by Sternes

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

The route was Perriman's fault.  Why was Winston even targeting him?

Because he was wide open?  Just didn't finish the route correctly?

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

Winston had a patch of turnovers, then cut them down, then went right back to turning it over this season.  How is touting a handful of good games when he reverted back this season relevant?

Winston is Bortles with less rushing ability and more fumbles.  I'm not sure how he keeps getting these free passes from people.

Just saying he's being blamed for more TOs when 3 out of 4 were not his fault.  Not trying to give him a pass on all of his blunders, because he's made quite a few but I have faith he has the capability to clean it up as evidenced last year.

In fact he did last game with only one TO he legitimately made a mistake on.   

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Because he was wide open?  Just didn't finish the route correctly?

Just saying he's being blamed for more TOs when 3 out of 4 were not his fault.  Not trying to give him a pass on all of his blunders, because he's made quite a few but I have faith he has the capability to clean it up as evidenced last year.

In fact he did last game with only one TO he legitimately made a mistake on.   

He also had two INT negated due to penalty IIRC.  I mean here you are again saying 3 of 4 weren't his fault.  What about the week prior, which of the 6 weren't on him?  Are we going to do this for every QB?  We've all seen unlucky throws that hit a WR in the hand or chest and deflects for an INT.

11 minutes ago, Sternes said:

He also had two INT negated due to penalty IIRC.  I mean here you are again saying 3 of 4 weren't his fault.  What about the week prior, which of the 6 weren't on him?  Are we going to do this for every QB?  We've all seen unlucky throws that hit a WR in the hand or chest and deflects for an INT.

I don't remember two INTs negated by penalty.  You could be right but I don't remember that.  

The week prior there are less excuses but the team as a whole played poorly.  The OL couldn't give the guy time to set his feet most of the time and his RT was out and not playing.  

No I'm not doing this for every QB.  Just saying he improved last game and even started using his feet when the pocket collapsed to make plays instead of trying to throw while under duress.   

I bet if we had film right now to sit down and look over together we'd probably agree half of the TOs he blamed for wasn't his fault.  I remember tip balls because his WRs were not making plays.

Heck Evans dropped 2 sure TD passes the game before. One would have resulted in a 75 yard bomb but he muffed the catch.  

6 hours ago, Proteus said:

You're living my life!

The experts would say it's silly to bench the QB3 in favor of a guy who will almost certainly be holding a clipboard this time next year.

I say I'd rather start the ghost of Charlie Whitehurst than anyone against that Pats D. Nothing about this choice makes me happy. But I think even after all of the -2pt picks, Winston will have a solid 20 pts and that's all I care about.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Don Andres said:

Another Lamar/Jameis owner here. Not sure what to do.

Roll with Lamar and learn from the mistakes if it happens 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don Andres said:

Another Lamar/Jameis owner here. Not sure what to do.

Idk, I don't have this choice, but at the risk of going AC here I am not sure I could play Lamar v the historically amazing Pats D (given a solid alternative)...they will eliminate his rushing element--or at least snuff it out pretty well and force him to throw against what is a complete shutdown type of secondary. That is not the kinda recipe for 'fantasy' success. Jameis may be ugly but he's gonna get his yards and likely TDs this week.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Idk, I don't have this choice, but at the risk of going AC here I am not sure I could play Lamar v the historically amazing Pats D (given a solid alternative)...they will eliminate his rushing element--or at least snuff it out pretty well and force him to throw against what is a complete shutdown type of secondary. That is not the kinda recipe for 'fantasy' success. Jameis may be ugly but he's gonna get his yards and likely TDs this week.

JW gave me 31+ points in the league I started him last week. If you are in a league that deducts points for INTs and fumbles for the QB he's prolly not your guy. Everyone else, he's a 30+ point monster waiting to happen every week. He's got two of the best WRs in the NFL, plus no running game --- he has to throw!

And, even being big and average footed as he is, he also adds a rushing element. I think he had 50 yards rushing last week.

Edited by Blazer
added the rushing note.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Blazer said:

If you are in a league that deducts points for INTs and fumbles for the QB he's prolly not your guy.

Ours is -3 per and even at that he still got me 19.3 last week.I decided early on with Evans and Godwin as weapons I'll take the good with the bad.

Why does this bum keep ending up on my team.

Hoping for at least 15+ this weekend.. if only he could take care of the ball better.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, broncofan48 said:

ZERO. He stinks as an NFL QB and he's really dumb. Tampa Bay wasted 5 years with this clown and have nothing to show for it. Fantasy wise he's solid because he will give the other team 7 quick points with a pick 6 and get the ball right back and do it again, forcing them to play catch up and throw even more.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FavreCo said:

ZERO. He stinks as an NFL QB and he's really dumb. Tampa Bay wasted 5 years with this clown and have nothing to show for it. Fantasy wise he's solid because he will give the other team 7 quick points with a pick 6 and get the ball right back and do it again, forcing them to play catch up and throw even more.

Yes and that's an awesome formula for Evans and Godwin!!!   So STOP HATING!!!

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:40 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Been going back and forth and leaning in just this direction.

May god have mercy on me.

I would go Lamar over Winston for sure. I’m already regretting going Winston over Murray. Lamar Jackson is at home against a great Patriots defense that has looked amazing vs some really bad offensive teams. Winston is on the road in Seattle. Winston should put up some

numbers, but there’s a risk he puts up a dud. I think Patriots defense finally gets exposed some by a better offense.