Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

The fact that Winston sat behind EJ Manuel for an entire season probably sums up his career potential.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Fitz is not that good but he is a decent game manager when he isn't given free reign to chuck it all over the field. Both are similar in that they are mistake prone. The difference with Winston is he was a #1 overall draft pick and he is expected to have grown by now into a good to great QB. He is likely a career backup after this season. Looking back at the draft class though it was awful and oddly enough he was one of the better players in it. ūü§Ęūü§ģ

I kind of remember the "Mariota vs Winston QB battle for the future" hype. 

Is there any reason to hold on, and just stream the position maybe? Am I serious in saying just do a Driskel/Daniel Jones stream vs dealing with this headache? The schedule does open up, and the defenses he's played has been brutal, and he did do 20ppg the last 3 games, but IDK guys. 

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Is there any reason to hold on, and just stream the position maybe? Am I serious in saying just do a Driskel/Daniel Jones stream vs dealing with this headache? The schedule does open up, and the defenses he's played has been brutal, and he did do 20ppg the last 3 games, but IDK guys. 

He has been fine in fantasy.

I think with any streamers, you're looking at 20 points as kind of a ceiling.  With Winston's schedule, I think that's pretty close to his floor.  So I'm holding him for that reason.   Dak has a brutal schedule coming up and if he can't get it done at NE, I may pivot to Jameis for some of the other tough ones.  

But if he's your only QB, I think you just ride it out.

Not sure why all the doom and gloom in this thread, especially if he's your back-up or you're in a 2 QB league.  He's a terrible real life QB with small hands who fumbles too often and throws to the wrong color jersey too often.  But his last 4 games (league scoring dependent of course) in my league are 22, 22, 24, and 25 points.  This despite them going 1-3 in those games.  He is bad, but the Bucs don't look to be itching to get in whomever the backup is.  Great fantasy asset.  Terrible real life asset.  Bucs will move on after this year.

8 minutes ago, CooL said:

Not sure why all the doom and gloom in this thread, especially if he's your back-up or you're in a 2 QB league.  He's a terrible real life QB with small hands who fumbles too often and throws to the wrong color jersey too often.  But his last 4 games (league scoring dependent of course) in my league are 22, 22, 24, and 25 points.  This despite them going 1-3 in those games.  He is bad, but the Bucs don't look to be itching to get in whomever the backup is.  Great fantasy asset.  Terrible real life asset.  Bucs will move on after this year.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

I wish I had this guy's job security.  Literally nothing he could do to be benched.

Not a single Person thinks this cat will get benched huh? I'm of the belief that it would've happened already but as sad as it sounds it seems Jameis is the best chance to win... Ryan Griffin would cause the team to revolt even further 

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not a single Person thinks this cat will get benched huh? I'm of the belief that it would've happened already but as sad as it sounds it seems Jameis is the best chance to win... Ryan Griffin would cause the team to revolt even further 

I don't want to even think about it.  With all of the various TB fantasy players I have, this would be potentially devastating.

Edited by K197040

Which I hope doesn't happen for the sake of Evans and Godwin owners out there.

Winston has been okay with good floor games but I drafted this guy for the ceiling games too and where are they?

Are they coming?  Is the rest of the schedule really as soft as others on here proclaim it to be? 

I will say 2 of the int yesterday were not his fault, but the other two were flat out AWFUL. As for fantasy, this dude is a top 8 fantasy qb and I have no problems starting him rest of year. 

1 minute ago, Islanderman said:

It looked like Winston came up lame near the end of the game.  Was there anything on this afterwards?

It was reported he rolled his ankle but I haven't read anything since then.  I don't think it's serious or anything.  

He did finish the game.  

5 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

It was reported he rolled his ankle but I haven't read anything since then.  I don't think it's serious or anything.  

He did finish the game.  

Never misses games due to injury.  He's as solid as a dumpster.

• Haha 2

I don’t think Winston is likely to get benched because they don’t really have anyone to go to the way they did last year with Fitzy. This season was Winston’s last chance to prove he could make it in the league as a starter, and they gave him an infinite leash. Now that the issue is settled, he’ll bounce around the league as a backup for the rest of his career.

27 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

I wish I had this guy's job security.  Literally nothing he could do to be benched.

Arians has Alzheimer's. He can't remember what happened 10 minutes after it happens. He still thinks he's lucked into some great job coaching a bum who happened to have been lucky enough to have been surrounded by NFL players at FSU and fooled the Bucs thanks to Derrick Brooks stupidity.

If you got him in dynasty, unload ASAP if you can get anything because his NFL days are coming to an end.

I hate the turnovers, but his 14.82 in half ppr was better than any of my other QBs (outside of Mayfield's week 2 15.0) all season. I'll take that floor.

Edited by altmin

Fact:  Bruce Arians has Jameis as his starting fantasy qb.  

Lol it’s the only reason I can think of that explains why he isn’t benched.  

Winston sucks and is a complete idiot. Thanks for the Natty though lol

Signed ~ An FSU fan since birth

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

Winston sucks and is a complete idiot. Thanks for the Natty though lol

Signed ~ An FSU fan since birth

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, Bastardo! said:

From two months ago:  "Jameis Winston May Finally Be Running Out of Chances . . ."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853040-interception-plagued-jameis-winston-may-finally-be-running-out-of-chances

Jameis Winston has a 21-34 record as the starter for the Bucs since he was drafted in 2015.

LOL at that pic.

But I don't think that's an accurate portrayal of his attitude.  Seems like he works hard and absolutely wants to win.

He just doesn't have what it takes.

• Like 4