Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, afl5013 said:

That Houston matchup at home in week 16 looks pretty juicy to me. 

A juicy fart?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to me the offense this year has a lot of choice/option routes than in previous years. It seems like every week there are a lot of miscommunications between Jamie’s and the WRs and it leads to even more interceptions. Jameis scores low on the wonderlic so I don’t know if option routes are the best for him.

Pick #1: 0% of blame goes to him

#2: Blame goes to him as it was well behind Godwin, but it was an extremely lucky pick

#3: miscommunication on 3rd or 4th and long in which Evans broke in and Jameis thought he was breaking out

#4: Lazy throw that deserved to be picked off, Evans could have tried more but this ones also on Jameis.

Is this turd going to play this week? I saw he rolled his ankle at the end of last weeks game. I need him due to byes. Perhaps it's maybe better if he doesn't play and safe me the headache of having to start him again.

11 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Is this turd going to play this week? I saw he rolled his ankle at the end of last weeks game. I need him due to byes. Perhaps it's maybe better if he doesn't play and safe me the headache of having to start him again.

Image result for jameis winston terrible gif

He's an absolute trash real life qb but puts up okay fantasy numbers. In my 4 point per passing td league -1 per int he has had at least 17 points each week from week 3 on. Not great, but not terrible.

He's got another good matchup this week and if he's healthy I dont hate playing him if my next best option is waiver wire. 

So much vitriol for a top 10 fantasy QB! I get it if you are a Yucs fan or something, but he is getting his numbers pretty much every week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

So much vitriol for a top 10 fantasy QB! I get it if you are a Yucs fan or something, but he is getting his numbers pretty much every week.

Enjoy it while it lasts!

We're probably only looking at another 6 games with Jabarcus as a starting QB.

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Our league is -3 INT -6 pick 6 and 6 pt TD ,even with that he's still sitting at #14.

• Haha 1

When I was deciding whether or not to trot out Jameis again I started looking at his game logs vs Atlanta. He hasn't less than 3 TDs against them over the last 3 years, gives me some confidence though Atlanta's defense looked better the last 2 weeks.

• Like 3

Starting Winston, hopefully ATL d comes back to reality. 2 of winstons picks last week were fluky but thats what he does, find fluky ways to turn the ball over. He should throw another 45 times and my opp has Godwin. Sucks when you have to stream Qbs.

I feel for you guys in leagues with massive penalties for interceptions. He’s actually been really good value for seemingly every other scoring format based on where he was drafted. He’s top 10 in every format I play in. 

1 hour ago, bangarrang said:

When I was deciding whether or not to trot out Jameis again I started looking at his game logs vs Atlanta. He hasn't less than 3 TDs against them over the last 3 years, gives me some confidence though Atlanta's defense looked better the last 2 weeks.

Hard to bench him. There's still a ton of wretched Falcons data out there, and I'm not fully buying two weeks of a turn-around. There is some middle ground, but the Falcons have the offense to put up some points through the passing game, pretty quickly. Evans and Godwin should eat- they really don't have good DBs...

On 11/19/2019 at 10:06 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

He's a top 8 QB in my league. The vitriol comes from the fact that he's been very Bortles-like. He's very good in fantasy but awful in reality. If I owned him I would be afraid that he gets benched at some point,especially during a game.

1 minute ago, Evincar said:

He's a top 8 QB in my league. The vitriol comes from the fact that he's been very Bortles-like. He's very good in fantasy but awful in reality. If I owned him I would be afraid that he gets benched at some point,especially during a game.

Who even is Jameis' backup?

2 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Anybody why the Falcons D has improved so dramatically? Did they make any changes or were the last two weeks just flukes? 

Good question, and I don't have an answer. They're playing way better though. I'm hedging by starting Jameis and the Falcons D this week. 

2 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Anybody why the Falcons D has improved so dramatically? Did they make any changes or were the last two weeks just flukes? 

No personnel changes.

From the horse's mouth - https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/ricardo-allen-desmond-trufant-on-falcons-turnaround-execution-disruption

As for what’s changed with the defense? Trufant said it’s pretty simple, actually.

“We’ve just been executing,” Trufant said. “Before we were flat, no energy. Now, you can see it. We’re having fun out there and capitalizing on our opportunities. We’re just playing our ball.”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Ever since quinn relinquished defensive play calling duties to Ulbrich and morris all interviews have been saying the communication is much clearer and the execution has undoubtedly gotten better. TBH a lot of people thought this was how the defense was going to play much earlier in the year. Whats shocking is Saints are top 10 in sack rate. Carolina was kinda expected as their rate is bottom 10 and give up 6 most sacks i believe. Tb is pretty bad also so winston could be scrambling often which leads to issues. Makes me worrisome i just dont have better options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Ever since quinn relinquished defensive play calling duties to Ulbrich and morris all interviews have been saying the communication is much clearer and the execution has undoubtedly gotten better. TBH a lot of people thought this was how the defense was going to play much earlier in the year. Whats shocking is Saints are top 10 in sack rate. Carolina was kinda expected as their rate is bottom 10 and give up 6 most sacks i believe. Tb is pretty bad also so winston could be scrambling often which leads to issues. Makes me worrisome i just dont have better options.

Jameis has a real shot to finish the year with over 5000 yards over 30 TDs. I don't care if he ends up with 40 turnovers, he's still startable. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Jameis is gonna turn the ball over and throw for a bunch of yards.

• Haha 2

Just now, ajs723 said:

Rule of threes...

3 TOs. 3 TDs. 333 passing yards. 33 rushing yards. 

I would take that all day long.   Even in my -2 per int.  It's the lack of passing TDs that's killing me lately.  I really need that 3rd one.  Especially if he's going to throw a pick 6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Rule of threes...

3 TOs. 3 TDs. 333 passing yards. 33 rushing yards. 

Ill take that

14 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Jameis has a real shot to finish the year with over 5000 yards over 30 TDs. I don't care if he ends up with 40 turnovers, he's still startable. 

Absolutely right. Still makes you nervous af every week though. lol

• Like 1