Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Please just don't be benched Winston.   We need you for the entire season. 

Evans and Godwin owners NEED them to deliver the goods in FF playoffs.

3 minutes ago, Proto24 said:

Trap play this week?

He does seem to put up points though, despite his turnovers. Just know you will likely be closer to his floor of about 15 points.

Edited by FitzMagic

On 11/20/2019 at 11:14 AM, ajs723 said:

Rule of threes...

3 TOs. 3 TDs. 333 passing yards. 33 rushing yards. 

This was so close, damn! Jameis is like clockwork. 

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

This guy is $$$ in leagues that don’t subtract for an INT

There's leagues like that?

32 points.  Keep slinging it, Jameis.  

42 minutes ago, billydough said:

29 points

if this guy could stop completing his first pass to the defense every week who knows

Hey, whatever his process is... I'm good with it

This guy leads the league in passing yards and is 2nd in TDs. I feel really bad for TB fans because there is no way BA and Licht let him walk this off season. There are currently 3 1000 yard receivers and Jameis is supporting 2 of them which I find amazing.

(A-Rod, Jimmy G and Jackson all could catch/pass him in TDs depending on their stats tonight/tomorrow)

Edited by Ddam2013

4 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

This guy leads the league in passing yards and is 2nd in TDs. I feel really bad for TB fans because there is no way BA and Licht let him walk this off season. There are currently 3 1000 yard receivers and Jameis is supporting 2 of them which I find amazing.

(A-Rod, Jimmy G and Jackson all could catch/pass him in TDs depending on their stats tonight/tomorrow)

Is he the problem though. That defense is terrible. With a replacement level defense, he'd probably take them to the playoffs. 

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Is he the problem though. That defense is terrible. With a replacement level defense, he'd probably take them to the playoffs. 

The thing is, when you turn the ball over as much as him, you're putting a lot more pressure on your defense than they'd normally get.   I haven't looked up where TB ranks for opposing teams' average starting position, but generally speaking the defense is probably on the field longer than usual, and are probably dealing with shorter fields than normal.

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He’s turned the ball over 23 times in 11 games and he’s only getting worse at it, so yea he’s a problem in real life.

24 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

He’s turned the ball over 23 times in 11 games and he’s only getting worse at it, so yea he’s a problem in real life.

All I care about is fantasy and he's doing a good job.  Hoping he can keep the pace up.  

Throw more picks Winston to make yourself throw more down field.  😉

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

All I care about is fantasy and he's doing a good job.  Hoping he can keep the pace up.  

Throw more picks Winston to make you throw more down field.  😉

I just don’t get it. He’s the only QB in the NFL that throws either of those INTs today. I wish he would keep the job going into next year as he’ll be a top 5ish QB come the end of the year and he’ll be a high end QB2 at drafts next year due to his 30+ turnovers.

9 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

I just don’t get it. He’s the only QB in the NFL that throws either of those INTs today. I wish he would keep the job going into next year as he’ll be a top 5ish QB come the end of the year and he’ll be a high end QB2 at drafts next year due to his 30+ turnovers.

All I know that this year in fantasy as of right now he's a top 5 QB in my league despite the -2 points I get for each turnover.  All I care about is the end production.

Edited by theSPANKER

I've been riding this goofball most of the year. He's a turnover machine, but he's good for 300-400 yards and 2 td's. I'll take a 350/2/2 stat line all day. 

Terrible real life QB, but great for fantasy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He's gonna end up on title teams, hysterically. The schedule is seriously cake and he helped expose the fraud defense of the “surging” falcons

it also helps when you have 2 top-10 real life receivers that excel in the deep game 

28 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's gonna end up on title teams, hysterically. The schedule is seriously cake and he helped expose the fraud defense of the “surging” falcons

it also helps when you have 2 top-10 real life receivers that excel in the deep game 

[...]

He seems to have gradually picked up Arians’ offense little by little.  

Of course being the complete clown that he is, he’s still going to make a few boneheaded plays each week, but for fantasy purposes, he’s a lot less volatile than he used to be.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

Hey Jameis, why do you hate Mike Evans. Asking for a friend. 

I’m not sure how a guy who has posted a 62/1,043/7 line through a mere 11 games could be considered “hated” by his QB. He’s on pace to finish with a 90/1,517/10 line which is top 5 WR numbers.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MurderInc said:

I've been riding this goofball most of the year. He's a turnover machine, but he's good for 300-400 yards and 2 td's. I'll take a 350/2/2 stat line all day. 

Terrible real life QB, but great for fantasy. 

Jameis in a nutshell this year. 

The weeks I've started him I always subtract six points before kickoff, because he's good for three turnovers whether it be fumble or interception. But man he still gets the points. 

• Thanks 1