Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Jameis in a nutshell this year. 

The weeks I've started him I always subtract six points before kickoff, because he's good for three turnovers whether it be fumble or interception. But man he still gets the points. 

And those turnovers are almost negated just by his rushing totals each week. 

I know there's a lot of whining about Jameis but considering what other QBs did this week--Pescott (9pts), Wilson(13.50), Rodgers(12.50), Ryan(10.35), Brady(15.50), Wentz(13.50), Carr(5.45) and others, I don't know what all of the complaining is about.

I haven't skipped a beat with starting him and will continue to ride him all the way to the Promise Land.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

And those turnovers are almost negated just by his rushing totals each week. 

I know there's a lot of whining about Jameis but considering what other QBs did this week--Pescott (9pts), Wilson(13.50), Rodgers(12.50), Ryan(10.35), Brady(15.50), Wentz(13.50), Carr(5.45) and others, I don't know what all of the complaining is about.

I haven't skipped a beat with starting him and will continue to ride him all the way to the Promise Land.

Don’t do it Spanks 

I can't believe I'm saying this. But if you eliminated picks in your league. He'd be a top 5 Fantasy QB.

You can never really feel comfortable starting him. But unless you have Lamar or Mahomes is there another QB you’d rather start to take you to the championship? This guy is fantasy gold. 

Edited by CooL

Godwin and Evans are ranked 2nd and 3rd WRs in fantasy scoring behind only Michael Thomas. Say what you want about Winston, but he's always had great fantasy value himself and for his receivers. Godwin and Evans wouldn't be eating as well together with most QBs, even the great ones.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Lots of peeps in here, confusing fantasy football with the real thing.  The two are very different.

This is constantly happening in here. It's an issue for his dynasty value, but this is 2019 outlook and that has been bueno for fantasy--regardless if you are penalized for TOs!

6 hours ago, lexihayes99 said:

Am I the only one that thinks he's a waste of space?

Explain?  This guy is having a Bortles 2015 type year which he won a lot of people Championships..

This is Fantasy football, not pick a QB to start a real life team with..

This was a classic Winston game. He starts the game with an interception and ends up throwing for over 300 yards and 2 touchdowns. I'll take it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

This was a classic Winston game. He starts the game with an interception and ends up throwing for over 300 yards and 2 touchdowns. I'll take it.

3 touchdowns

• Thanks 1

Most important thing about yesterday is his attempts were way down but had a cousins like performance with efficient passing. This is where he needs to be in order to somewhat succeed.

I wonder what his P/A Stats were 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Most important thing about yesterday is his attempts were way down but had a cousins like performance with efficient passing. This is where he needs to be in order to somewhat succeed.

I wonder what his P/A Stats were 

The only reason his attempts went down was because the D dominated the Falcons O. Once the game was under control the Bucs took the air out of the ball. Bucs were able to establish a running game too which helped run time off the clock.

If the game had been more competitive and higher scoring as most had predicted. Winston's stats would have been even better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

The only reason his attempts went down was because the D dominated the Falcons O. Once the game was under control the Bucs took the air out of the ball. Bucs were able to establish a running game too which helped run time off the clock.

If the game had been more competitive and higher scoring as most had predicted. Winston's stats would have been even better.

and with even more interceptions

1 minute ago, Chippa said:

and with even more interceptions

Maybe maybe not but I'll take his 30+ points even with the interceptions.

Folks keep harping on turnovers but what's the final stat line every week?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Maybe maybe not but I'll take his 30+ points even with the interceptions.

Folks keep harping on turnovers but what's the final stat line every week?

good for fantasy, terrible for real life

3 minutes ago, Chippa said:

We are on a fantasy football forum. Go to a team forum if you want to talk about real life football. 

Edited by ak427
  • Like 4

Just now, Chippa said:

Ahem...it's been stated in a previous post.  I thought this is a fantasy football forum?  

Perhaps we should create a Winston "Real Life QB" thread so everyone can post his real life outlook in there?

I mean really, folks in here are debating apples and oranges in here.  But I'm glad you admitted he's good for fantasy.  😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

In my league where you get 6 pts for TD passes and a 5 point bonus for eclipsing 300 yards, Jameis is currently the #5 ranked QB. 

The Bucs have a really favorable schedule upcoming too. 

In my scoring setting, the top QBs for week 12 were Tanny, Jameis, Darnold, Mayfield, Brees, Kyle Allen, Fitz, and Josh Allen. Fantasy football is sometimes a strange game. 

Jameis is a set and forget top 5 QB the rest of the way. Job security doesn’t seem to be a concern. Anybody complaining that he isn’t a great real life QB obviously don’t own him on their team or just got shafted by him. 

58 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

In my league where you get 6 pts for TD passes and a 5 point bonus for eclipsing 300 yards, Jameis is currently the #5 ranked QB. 

The Bucs have a really favorable schedule upcoming too. 

My 6pt TD league doesn't award a 5 point bonus and Jameis is STILL ranked as the #5 QB right now despite the turnovers.

The man just produces points.  And bottom line in fantasy all we want are points at the end of the day.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lexihayes99 said:

You could probably find some agreement in the Evans thread.

10 hours ago, lexihayes99 said:

You're in a fantasy football thread. Go discuss his real life abilities in a Buccaneers fan forum. 

45 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

My 6pt TD league doesn't award a 5 point bonus and Jameis is STILL ranked as the #5 QB right now despite the turnovers.

The man just produces points.  And bottom line in fantasy all we want are points at the end of the day.  

In my league he has only broke the 20 point barrier 3 times............