Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

In my league he has only broke the 20 point barrier 3 times............

I'm in one league where he's got those stats.  -3 per turnover and -6 for pick six.  

I still roll him out there based on matchups.

Edited by K197040

In my league Winston is top 10 in: points, thrown yards, rushing yards, TDs, 2 PTs, INTs, and Fumbles lost.

I just wish for one week that he can start a game without throwing an INT on the first drive. I know he will put up pts but seeing the '-2' EVERY Sunday to start the game is annoying.

• Like 2

Just now, bigslick631 said:

I just wish for one week that he can start a game without throwing an INT on the first drive. I know he will put up pts but seeing the '-2' EVERY Sunday to start the game is annoying.

As long at the outcome is 24 points I'm fine with it lol

JAX is a favorable matchup...just got wrecked by a QB that uses his legs. IND is one I'm a bit concerned with, but looking for an alternative. Then Detroit and then HOUSTON?

We have lift-off - league winner...ish.

9 minutes ago, bigslick631 said:

This.  Until he gets that first TD, I'm always nervous about him.

Just saw the weather forecast for the game.  Some rain potential and 20 mph winds.

Anyone concerned about this?

Or maybe the wind corrects Winston's errant throws.

Just now, K197040 said:

Just saw the weather forecast for the game.  Some rain potential and 20 mph winds.

Anyone concerned about this?

Or maybe the wind corrects Winston's errant throws.

HAHAH !!!!   Winston 5 TD's  450 yards passing  !!!   

24 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Anyone worried about the weather 22 mph winds and hes already turnover prone?

And possibly 50% chance rain and maybe thunderstorms, yea I’m starting to worry but I don’t think I can make the change to someone like Wentz, Carr, Rivers.

37 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

And possibly 50% chance rain and maybe thunderstorms, yea I’m starting to worry but I don’t think I can make the change to someone like Wentz, Carr, Rivers.

According to this weather looks fine for the game tomorrow.  

http://www.nflweather.com/en/week/2019/week-13/

9 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Same, I'm feeling more confident in him than Wentz -- especially after looking at Tannehill's line vs. JAX last week.

No weather issues guys. Google the weather. He will be good. 

One interesting thing I noticed about Winston are his home road splits this year. Literally succeeding in every tough road matchup but flopping at home a lot this year. Got a concern that this game is in Jacksonville so not enough "road prep" or maybe he's distracted in Tampa or something

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

No weather issues guys. Google the weather. He will be good. 

One interesting thing I noticed about Winston are his home road splits this year. Literally succeeding in every tough road matchup but flopping at home a lot this year. Got a concern that this game is in Jacksonville so not enough "road prep" or maybe he's distracted in Tampa or something

I see 20 MPH winds

27 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I see 20 MPH winds

20mph winds are more of a kicker concern right?  Slight downgrade to passing game?

I’m in NE Florida. It’s breezy but not gusty. Winston should be fine. Start him with -4 just like any other game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I want pick 6 Winston back. This version sucks. 

I can’t believe it no picks no tds ... kittle a blocking te 🤯 

WInston had nothing to do with the game in hand. He needs to be desperately trying to catch up.

9 minutes ago, altmin said:

WInston had nothing to do with the game in hand. He needs to be desperately trying to catch up.

There’s something to this...what are the chances the coaching staff figured out they can switch his role to game manager going forward? Dude turns the ball over so much that his offensive output is negated...today we saw a reserved Winston and they get an easy win. My guess is someone finally pulled in the reigns. 

Weren’t the Bucs up 20+ points going into the half. The offense never really got pushed to be aggressive. Ground game working just amplified that.

They got a defensive TD and the Jags kept fumbling and couldn’t stop the run. Jameis tried to throw a pick but it got overturned on review.  

Glad I benched him this week, but us owners are gonna need the defense to go back to being terrible to get max value out of Jameis ROS.

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

They got a defensive TD and the Jags kept fumbling and couldn’t stop the run. Jameis tried to throw a pick but it got overturned on review.  

Glad I benched him this week, but us owners are gonna need the defense to go back to being terrible to get max value out of Jameis ROS.

I think jameis will be fine for week 15 and 16, but the colts coming to town really doesn't inspire high scoring or shootout...

Today was just a weird game - bucs with that many turnovers and fumble six? Jaguars looked like the worst team in the league today- Bengals and dolphins looked way more competent. Jags are checked out