Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Still pretty angry ...hate that I'm invested in the entire bucs offense. Days like today can really take fantasy football and shove it up the you know what because not throwing an INT should lead to goodness...id say bench vs ind, start vs Det and start vs hou.

BTW the playing in the state of Florida splits starting to add up 

6 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Anybody starting this dude in the first playoff game? Super nervous but I may not have any other options. 

Yesterday was my first playoff game in one league.

Might be out of that one after trusting him over Wentz!

• Like 1

Godwin got tackled on the 1. Defense actually played ok while Foles looked horrible. Barber scored 2TD's?!?!?! Winston didn't throw an INT to give the opponent good field position.....this was a MAJOR outlier no way that kind of game flow will happen again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Anybody starting this dude in the first playoff game? Super nervous but I may not have any other options. 

Not against INDY but who knows? Just go with your gut 

Winston has reverse home/away splits this season.

Home: 58.8% completion, 8 TD, 15 INT

Away: 61.4% completion, 14 TD, 5 INT

The game is currently tied for the 2nd highest total. We can only hope Brisset doesn’t suck like Foles did and make it competitive.

22 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

O/U on INTs this week?

seems like it's got to be 2.5 for every game.

Something about starting Jameis in the playoffs has me worried af.  Have him in both of my leagues. IND is s middle of the road matchup. Not bad, but not that great either. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

Indy always infuriates me to play against because they play so slow, content with shortening the game by letting the play clock get down to :02 and running the ball a ton. They haven't allowed more than 25 offensive points since Week 1.

I think the ball can be moved on their defense, especially through the air, but Indy has been pretty good against opposing WRs, opting to allow yards to TE's and RB's, so I think Jameis' fantasy day will come down to his ability and willingness to get the ball to Howard/Rojo/Brate enough to keep Indy honest. Dreading trotting him out there and still debating using Cousins instead.

Edited by Olliemets

Indy is a bend but don't break defense, but Tannehill's Titans just put up 31 points. Even then, I'm not trusting him this week. Week 15 and 16, he's a must start.

Edited by TonyRomo

4 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Indy is a bend but don't break defense, but Tannehill's Titans just put up 31 points. Even then, I'm not trusting him this week. Week 14 and 15, he's a must start.

You mean weeks 15 and 16?

23 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Indy is a bend but don't break defense, but Tannehill's Titans just put up 31 points. Even then, I'm not trusting him this week. Week 15 and 16, he's a must start.

I am grateful for my 1st round bye. Feeling good about him for 15 and 16 as well.

Will never get hurt or benched.  Always gets maximum amount of garbage time.  Must start.

I will be playing him in one league where turnovers do not lose you 2 PTS and playing Tannehill over him in the league that does. He's been damn solid for fantasy but I'm worried about the IND pass rush causing turnovers. If we can make it through the bye it's bombs away though 😎 

6 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Is Indy a bad matchup for Jameis?

I wouldn't say it's bad.  Good QB's have put up around 300 yards passing against them.

And they've given up at least one passing TD in all but 2 games (Flacco/Fitz). 

And given up multiple passing TD in half their games.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Is Indy a bad matchup for Jameis?

I'd say the ceiling is just much lower considering how slow pace Indy plays...they'd probably still try to run against a good run d.

Some of the cracks that have shown lately is that Indy used to stop big plays. Now they are giving them up in bunches such as Fuller, Hopkins, and the TEN wrs. Tennessee hasn't even thrown much! This smells like an Evans game getting 1 on 1 behind the defense and smoking the colts. Godwin in the slot may have some upside capped but unfortunately Jameis isn't quite good enough to use Godwin as his hot read. 

I'm going with cousins due to possible short field positions and Detroit maybe surprising since itd a divisional game. Cousins has been absolutely fantastic this year and I trust Jameis in cake or high volume matcuups and this matchup doesn't excite me. 

also check out Jameis home road splits...startling (include JAX too) since it was in FL

• Thanks 1

Kenny Moore has two straight DNPs with an ankle sprain so he's looking very unlikely to go. Big uptick for Godwin, and of course Jameis, as Moore is undoubtedly a top-3 slot corner in the NFL. Malik Hooker also logged a DNP after a limited yesterday with a foot injury, and we all know the implications of mid-week downgrades. As it stands, INDY may be without the two best players in their secondary. Jameis will be able to move the ball on them, let's just hope Jacoby and co. can return the favor and keep this a high scoring affair.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

Kenny Moore has two straight DNPs with an ankle sprain so he's looking very unlikely to go. Big uptick for Godwin, and of course Jameis, as Moore is undoubtedly a top-3 slot corner in the NFL. Malik Hooker also logged a DNP after a limited yesterday with a foot injury, and we all know the implications of mid-week downgrades. As it stands, INDY may be without the two best players in their secondary. Jameis will be able to move the ball on them, let's just hope Jacoby and co. can return the favor and keep this a high scoring affair.

Good info on the DBs.  

Forget home/away splits and look at man/zone splits. Indy plays exclusively zone and Winston is the worst QB against zone defenses, for most QBs that would make an auto bench but not Winston. If you have a better option go for it but like always he’ll be around 300 with multiple TDs and Turnovers.

21 hours ago, Olliemets said:

Following up...Moore confirmed as out.