Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

13 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

This guy has 22 TDs and 20 INTs but yet RoJo gets benched for missing ONE, I’ll repeat ONE blitz pickup!

Arians has got to go! 

Its because they don't have a quality backup. the drop off from Jameis to Ryan Griffin is much more significant than Barber/Rojo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Its because they don't have a quality backup. the drop off from Jameis to Ryan Griffin is much more significant than Barber/Rojo. 

They are not going to make the playoffs so in my mind give Jones the damn ball and see what he can do from here on out. We all know what Barber can do and he is just average.............

Jameis just got benched for freaking Ryan Griffin. Lol at you guys saying Winston is a top 20 NFL QB a while back. At least he got us our 22 fantasy points this game.

INT on the first throw of the game, three total TDs, another pick six at the end of the 2nd, benched at halftime with 22 fantasy points...never a dull moment when you own Jameis

Edit: I really don’t know why he was benched, it’s not exactly a surprise for him to throw two picks in one half. I doubt they’ll be more competitive with Griffin, but I’m also seeing a hand injury?

Edited by ilikepieman

This guy singlehandedly sent a bunch of teams onward to the semifinals.  Fantasy gold.  Who cares about the turnovers when you continue to throw and churn out points!

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Dang- what a beast...when it mattered the most. Coin flip in starting and he could've saved my season 

Same.  Had Tannehill ready to go but reading about the injured Colts secondary in this thread convinced me to just roll with Winston.  

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Crap.

x rays show a fracture

Devastating news assuming he’s out next week. Not only do I lose Jameis, but this kills my Godwin shares as well.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Devastating news assuming he’s out next week. Not only do I lose Jameis, but this kills my Godwin shares as well.

Same.  Will be a disaster for me if he’s out.

• Like 2

came through today! going to be rough if he's out next week though. Had a great matchup lined up too

12 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Could it be a pain tolerance thing since he finished the game and it is supposedly a "tiny" fracture. 

There was a video on Twitter talking about it.  They were guessing from the footage that it was a fracture of his thumb.  They said if it was only the tip, he might be able to play through it.

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

There was a video on Twitter talking about it.  They were guessing from the footage that it was a fracture of his thumb.  They said if it was only the tip, he might be able to play through it.

I just wonder since their season is over, if they don’t shut him down he could have a really short leash.  

We need Jameis to play 4 quarters since he almost always throws a 1Q interception and then heats up as the game goes on.  A benching in semis/championship week could sink us immediately.

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I just wonder since their season is over, if they don’t shut him down he could have a really short leash.  

We need Jameis to play 4 quarters since he almost always throws a 1Q interception and then heats up as the game goes on.  A benching in semis/championship week could sink us immediately.

There is no benching this year...it would’ve already happened lol

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

There is no benching this year...it would’ve already happened lol

Benching purely for performance and taking him out when he’s playing through a fractured hand are two different things.