Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Regardless of how bad a real QB he might be, he’s a gamer and is probably going to play through anything they let him.  Especially with him not having a contract after this season. (I think that’s right)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Regardless of how bad a real QB he might be, he’s a gamer and is probably going to play through anything they let him.  Especially with him not having a contract after this season. (I think that’s right)

If this fracture isn't the type that would hurt Winston's health in the future if he kept playing, the Bucs might as well keep rolling Winston out there so they can finally decide what to do with him next year.

26 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

There is no benching this year...it would’ve already happened lol

The bucs are hot right now and are winning BECAUSE of winston, they could win out and be 8-8 and they lost many games because of their defense Seahawks game especially. 

6 minutes ago, ZappB said:

If this fracture isn't the type that would hurt Winston's health in the future if he kept playing, the Bucs might as well keep rolling Winston out there so they can finally decide what to do with him next year.

I don’t think there’s much risk in him making it worse for the future.  From what I’ve seen so far.

But it seems crazy to think they haven’t seen enough to have already made their decision internally.  

In Jameis defense, I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many ints that were bounced off of receivers’ hands.  

• Like 1

so looks like there is a chance I might be back to streaming. not a good time of the season for it.

20 minutes ago, altmin said:

so looks like there is a chance I might be back to streaming. not a good time of the season for it.

X2

Especially with many teams holding multiple QBs.  To make it worse, I have 0 Faab left.  If my opponent is smart, he can grab a couple of my options for next week and screw me.

• Like 1

Winston is honestly the perfect QB for Arian's system. The guy has a ton of ability, a lot of confidence, and as someone else pointed out, is a gamer. The interceptions are a huge problem, for sure, but Tampa Bay would be a lot worse off without him. I'll understand if they don't resign him, but it's tough because they know their 1st round pick would be much better spent on defense than another QB. 

• Like 2

I complained about Jameis all season... but now I’m praying he can play thru his thumb crack..... you don’t know what you have until it’s gone ! 😒

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Winston is honestly the perfect QB for Arian's system. The guy has a ton of ability, a lot of confidence, and as someone else pointed out, is a gamer. The interceptions are a huge problem, for sure, but Tampa Bay would be a lot worse off without him. I'll understand if they don't resign him, but it's tough because they know their 1st round pick would be much better spent on defense than another QB. 

The interceptions lose games. Why anyone can see them and say "yeah, but all the touchdowns and yardage!" confuses me. He gives the opposing team great field position every game because of his horrible decision making. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

The interceptions lose games. Why anyone can see them and say "yeah, but all the touchdowns and yardage!" confuses me. He gives the opposing team great field position every game because of his horrible decision making. 

Perhaps you’re not aware of his touchdowns.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

In real life, he stinks

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

Perhaps you’re not aware of his touchdowns.

In fantasy, he’s great

39 minutes ago, Chippa said:

In real life, he stinks

In fantasy, he’s great

The narrative that he's an awful real life QB is false. He's about middle of the pack in the league if we're being honest. He makes more mistakes than most QB's, but makes a lot more plays as well. 

His total QB rating this year puts him smack dab between Rodgers and Brady: http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

• Like 4

I don’t understand all the people hating on Jameis in this thread. When will people understand that this is FANTASY football. I couldn’t care less if Jameis is a terrible real life quarterback, he single handedly won me my playoff matchup and is a top 5 QB in my league. Given that I took him around the 10th round, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Jameis is a fantasy god. End of story. 

• Like 1

He plays with a crappy defense, awful offensive line and a nonexistent running game. I'm sure he'd look much better in real life too if he had better support around him. 

Watched the press conference with Arians, he called it a "tiny fracture in his thumb and not serious". Winston was giving a press conference had no bandage, ice, anything on his hand. His thumb didn't look swollen and he honestly seemed fine and as if nothing happened. He was also hitting the podium as he was talking and moving the thumb all around. I think hes fine. 

Edited by nmartinez12443
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Watched the press conference with Arians, he called it a "tiny fracture in his thumb and not serious". Winston was giving a press conference had no bandage, ice, anything on his hand. His thumb didn't look swollen and he honestly seemed fine and as if nothing happened. He was also hitting the podium as he was talking and moving the thumb all around. I think hes fine. 

What's with all the Doom and gloom with people thinking Jameis suffered a drew Brees fracture? He came back in the game and threw game winning passes... 

He's playing next week 

1 minute ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Comparing two different eras is pointless. I will say that 20 years ago everyone would be slobbering over Winston though. That was an era where Favre could do no wrong no matter how many interceptions he threw because he was always able to get his team back in it in with his gun-slinging. Peyton wasn't afraid to sling it either with his ducks. QB's get crucified for turnovers these days.

Winston's turnover rate does need to improve though. What also isn't shown in that stat comparison is how many fumbles lost Winston has had.

• Like 3

Yo if you reading this that means you got Jameis and you probs been riding him for a minute...

Let’s be real, look at his ROS, we’re rolling him to the title game. I cant believe I’m saying this but I ride or I die with Jameis. 

who’s with me???

45E157EF-B257-460B-ABB2-61F2DAEC2899.jpeg

Edited by Jrt80
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Yo if you reading this that means you got Jameis and you probs been riding him for a minute...

Let’s be real, look at his ROS, we’re rolling him to the title game. I cant believe I’m saying this but I ride or I die with Jameis. 

who’s with me???

45E157EF-B257-460B-ABB2-61F2DAEC2899.jpeg

I am with you !!!! I have been getting busted on all year for having him as my QB.   Everytime I load my fantasy roster up in the first quarter I see -2 or - something....  I am with Jameis until the end.    450 yards passing and 5 TDS.... he DGAF

All the talk is about this minor hand fracture, but the bigger issue is the loss of Mike Evans potentially for the rest of the season. Definitely a big hit to Winston's value ROS.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, twistedude said:

All the talk is about this minor hand fracture, but the bigger issue is the loss of Mike Evans potentially for the rest of the season. Definitely a big hit to Winston's value ROS.

Very true. The super soft schedule helps though. Still put up points after Evans left vs Indy as well. 

9 hours ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Pretty amazing stats. Having watched them both there is just something off about Winston. His decision making and his fumbles are a problem. INTs don't really bother me in context.

• Like 2