Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

10 hours ago, CooL said:

Who would you have to have on your team to not start Jameis this week?

I'm really torn between Winston and Tannehill. They both have great matchups and normally I'd go with Winston, but the thumb plus the Evans injury have me strongly considering Tannehill.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CooL said:

Rolling Brees on Monday Night against the Colts (who Jameis just torched).

Hmm.  Maybe I am too high on Jameis.  I think if we know that his hand is ok and he can grip the ball, the only QB I'd rather start over Jameis is Lamar Jackson.  Jameis in a dome, good weather, no run game, all they're going to do is throw.  Mahomes against Denver, Watson hit or miss, Russell terrible.  Tannehill and Winston I think is close given how good Tannehill is playing.  Brees had obviously a great game but it's not as if he's been doing it regularly.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Rolling Brees on Monday Night against the Colts (who Jameis just torched).

Brees is the much safer play but I guarantee the volume and ceiling won't be there due to the game probably being a blowout

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

Hmm.  Maybe I am too high on Jameis.  I think if we know that his hand is ok and he can grip the ball, the only QB I'd rather start over Jameis is Lamar Jackson.  Jameis in a dome, good weather, no run game, all they're going to do is throw.  Mahomes against Denver, Watson hit or miss, Russell terrible.  Tannehill and Winston I think is close given how good Tannehill is playing.  Brees had obviously a great game but it's not as if he's been doing it regularly.

Jameis didn't even have 11 points 2 weeks ago against JAX. 

Brees @ home this year: 21.8, 25.92, 11.48, 23.44, 40.06.

The argument works both ways. Not knocking anyone here, just going with the consistent QB at home. If Jameis didn't have a fracture in his throwing hand, I'd go with him.

Practiced without gripping a football today.   I'm getting a little nervous about the situation and if he tries to play on Sunday but can't the full game.

14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Practiced without gripping a football today.   I'm getting a little nervous about the situation and if he tries to play on Sunday but can't the full game.

Yeah me too.  He was obviously able to finish the game this past weekend, but it is a little concerning.  Will just have to wait and see until Sunday.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CooL said:

These take into account that Jameis’ floor is lower than usual due to the injury.

Must Starts over Jameis:

Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, Brees

Debatable:

Wilson (Healthy, similar floor, same or slightly higher ceiling, less volume)

Tannehill (Higher floor, lower ceiling)

Jimmy G (Higher floor, lower ceiling)

Dak (Similar floor, similar ceiling, worse matchup but plays better at home)

Just, No:

Rodgers, Mayfield, and everyone else

From a personal standpoint, I’d consider Tannehill and Wilson if I was favored in my matchup.  If I was an underdog, I’d probably roll the dice with Jameis.

Good Luck. 👍🏻 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

These take into account that Jameis’ floor is lower than usual due to the injury.

Must Starts over Jameis:

Lamar, Mahomes, Watson, Brees

Debatable:

Wilson (Healthy, similar floor, same or slightly higher ceiling, less volume)

Tannehill (Higher floor, lower ceiling)

Jimmy G (Higher floor, lower ceiling)

Dak (Similar floor, similar ceiling, worse matchup but plays better at home)

Just, No:

Rodgers, Mayfield, and everyone else

From a personal standpoint, I’d consider Tannehill and Wilson if I was favored in my matchup.  If I was an underdog, I’d probably roll the dice with Jameis.

Good Luck. 👍🏻 

I'd add Kyler Murray among the debatable due to his rushing floor. My concern with Jameis if he plays is they either pull him early, or they (shockingly) lean on the running game. 

Is the thumb issue and losing Evans enough to not want to start him this week?  I'm trying not to overthink it, but it's tough. I could start Brady at Cincinnati but only if i get too scared of the Winston situation.

1 minute ago, GoBlue41 said:

Is the thumb issue and losing Evans enough to not want to start him this week?  I'm trying not to overthink it, but it's tough. I could start Brady at Cincinnati but only if i get too scared of the Winston situation.

...please refer to the last several pages. 👆🏻

This guy's gonna get a lidocaine shot (plus steroids if they'll help) and be just fine for Sunday

Edited by rag9876

4 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

This guy's gonna get a lidocaine shot (plus steroids if they'll help) and be just fine for Sunday

LOL at the though of Jameis throwing with a numb thumb AND having to adjust for different WR.

Sounds fantastic.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

has your hand ever "fallen asleep"?  could you throw, or even grip, a foosball when it was?

how the eff is this guy gonna function with a hand/joint that he can't feel?

tl;dr - guy can't feel the grip of a foosball wif a numb hand. 

6 hours ago, matthewpullman93 said:

I'd add Kyler Murray among the debatable due to his rushing floor. My concern with Jameis if he plays is they either pull him early, or they (shockingly) lean on the running game. 

Kyler hasn’t rushed as much as people think he has... he’s only had one game over 38 yards since Week 5.  Also, since Jameis’ bye week, he has started to scramble a lot more.

Since Week 7 (Jameis’ bye):

Kyler: 210 rushing yds = 30 yds / gm 

Jameis: 187 rushing yds = 26.7 yds / gm

So really, their rushing totals haven’t been all that different... even though Kyler is the much more mobile QB.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo

19 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

😄😄😄

As someone that had planned on starting Jameis.......

Image result for dog drops ball gif

• Haha 4

It's right to be concerned.  But I guess I am just a little confused.  He came back in the second half and had no problems gripping and chucking the rock.  So now that he has had a few more days to heal, why would it be worse?  Wouldn't the injury have been at its worst on Sunday?  Seems like they want to take it easy with him this week during practice but of course we will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, CooL said:

It's right to be concerned.  But I guess I am just a little confused.  He came back in the second half and had no problems gripping and chucking the rock.  So now that he has had a few more days to heal, why would it be worse?  Wouldn't the injury have been at its worst on Sunday?  Seems like they want to take it easy with him this week during practice but of course we will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Adrenaline, etc..

4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Adrenaline and swelling. I'm sure they feel a fraction of the pain until after the game when the nerves are settled down.

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Adrenaline and swelling. I'm sure they feel a fraction of the pain until after the game when the nerves are settled down.

Well for sure.  But we've all seen Jameis pregame motivational speeches, right?  Shoot that thumb up with some cortisone, start yelling about wanting to "Eat a W", and get fired up and should be good to go.  This guy is trying to lead the league in passing and hit the 5000 yard mark, there's got to be some motivation in that.

15 minutes ago, Heizz said:

I don’t even have a backup QB rostered.

Rolling w Winston.

There's not much left to choose from for me.  My biggest worry with Winston is he starts and can't make it through a quarter.

Unless there is really positive news between now and Sunday, I'm going to have to start something off the waiver wire.