Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Just now, K197040 said:

There's not much left to choose from for me.  My biggest worry with Winston is he starts and can't make it through a quarter.

Unless there is really positive news between now and Sunday, I'm going to have to start something off the waiver wire.  

Yeah we will know well before game time and it will be obvious to coaches and Jamies that he can't properly throw a ball. A guy as possible insurance is Mayfield plays the worst def in the nfl in Arizona in a dome. Must win as well. 

12 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Yeah we will know well before game time and it will be obvious to coaches and Jamies that he can't properly throw a ball. A guy as possible insurance is Mayfield plays the worst def in the nfl in Arizona in a dome. Must win as well. 

The bolded.  I'd laugh if my fantasy season wasn't on the line.

14 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Not for me.  The top QB left on the wire is freaking Carr.   Seriously...if Winston is DNP, I might just throw Griffen out there.

Just now, K197040 said:

Not for me.  The top QB left on the wire is freaking Carr.   Seriously...if Winston is DNP, I might just throw Griffen out there.

Yeah in my 16 team dynasty, I had to scoop Det QB, as he was the only QB available...now I might have to add Griff or just plug in Taysom Hill! Oh my

• Like 1

Just now, K197040 said:

young FensterBlough available?

c'mon ... ya can't tell me even that kid is rostered - is this a 2 qb, 14 team leeg? 

wteffityff 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

young FensterBlough available?

c'mon ... ya can't tell me even that kid is rostered - is this a 2 qb, 14 team leeg? 

wteffityff 🤷‍♂️

Actually, he is (available...not rostered)  Carr was just at the top of the projections.   Manning, Minshew, MItch...those guys are there as well.

Edited by K197040

20 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I mean, Carr does get the Jags, who are already thinking about offseason Margaritas in Cabo.  Carr should provide a reasonable floor this week.  

My other option is Dak against the Rams, who I’d typically start a healthy Jameis v. Detroit over 10 times out of 10, but I suppose it helps if your QB can actually, ya know... throw an actual football. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Best to monitor reports leading up to gametime. If he’s full go, they were probably just giving the thumb a bit of rest this week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Klientel said:

Winston might throw 10 picks if hes hurt....I wouldnt bother with him this weekend

His deep balls are going to look like punts

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Klientel said:

Winston might throw 10 picks if hes hurt....I wouldnt bother with him this weekend

Agree 100%.

I can't see much appeal in going Winston this week.  First, he's lost Evans which is a huge loss.  Then with the injury he could be less effective or even leave early...If he plays at all.

If I had other logical options I'd probably be going with them.

Well the nice thing about Winston is that he did finish the game even after the injury.  And Detroit is such a tasty matchup...

This morning it was reported that he is struggling to grip a football but was throwing a tennis ball so I think there's still a chance that he could miss the game.

Edited by sjm76

He finished last game strong, he is playing for a major contract. Bucs can win out and be 9-7 and he can lead the league in passing especially with the upcoming schedule. If he does this he has a great case for a major contract, i bet he plays but get insurance. 

• Like 3

I have Lamar but am likely going to lose him week 17, yes we play a ridiculous week 17 championship. I am even more of a fool because it is a big money league.

Winston is my backup, should I be worried he won’t be available in my week 17 championship game? Or maybe ineffective?

1 hour ago, darthladys said:

I have Lamar but am likely going to lose him week 17, yes we play a ridiculous week 17 championship. I am even more of a fool because it is a big money league.

Winston is my backup, should I be worried he won’t be available in my week 17 championship game? Or maybe ineffective?

Yeah...you should be somewhat concerned.  At least you've got some time to make a decision.  But I'd be looking at a third QB just in case.

On 12/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, K197040 said:

X2

Especially with many teams holding multiple QBs.  To make it worse, I have 0 Faab left.  If my opponent is smart, he can grab a couple of my options for next week and screw me.

My best option was Fitzpatrick. Even Baker freaking Mayfield is rostered in my league.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

He finished last game strong, he is playing for a major contract. Bucs can win out and be 9-7 and he can lead the league in passing especially with the upcoming schedule. If he does this he has a great case for a major contract, i bet he plays but get insurance. 

This 100%. I think he guts it out, still very concerning. Tanny is my backup and I really rather have a gun slinger compared to a guy who may throw it only 25 times. Im playing him if he plays cause my opp has Godwin and that should help some. I really prefer him not to play so my opponent can not play godwin or struggle with allowing a back up to get him balls. 

UPDATE: He is throwing balls covered with the skin of a pig today at practice. So that's cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

UPDATE: He is throwing balls covered with the skin of a pig today at practice. So that's cool.

I’m sold... what can’t this guy do? 

🔥 him ⬆️!

14 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Are any of them landing near a receiver?

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

• Jameis Winston (thumb) resumed throwing a football on Friday.

Winston didn't test out his deep ball during the open portion of Friday's practice, though ESPN's Jenna Laine noted the football seemed to be "leaving his hand nicely" on the short and intermediate passes he attempted. The Bucs' gunslinger is tentatively expected to play through his hairline fracture Sunday against the Lions. He'll be at risk of an in-game setback, though his matchup against Detroit's Swiss-cheese secondary (third-most passing yards allowed) couldn't be much better. On pace for the 11th-most passing yards in league history, Winston is worth firing up as a QB1 in the fantasy semi-finals.

Dec 13, 2019, 11:15 AM ET

•  
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:
  • Jameis Winston (thumb) resumed throwing a football on Friday.

Winston didn't test out his deep ball during the open portion of Friday's practice, though ESPN's Jenna Laine noted the football seemed to be "leaving his hand nicely" on the short and intermediate passes he attempted. The Bucs' gunslinger is tentatively expected to play through his hairline fracture Sunday against the Lions. He'll be at risk of an in-game setback, though his matchup against Detroit's Swiss-cheese secondary (third-most passing yards allowed) couldn't be much better. On pace for the 11th-most passing yards in league history, Winston is worth firing up as a QB1 in the fantasy semi-finals.

Dec 13, 2019, 11:15 AM ET

•  

About as nerve wracking as it gets. 

9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

About as nerve wracking as it gets. 

I like it, like the prior poster i quoted, he has a chance to be 9-7 and even with int, is throwing at a huge clip playing for a contract. I get he can reinjure it and leave the game but Det front isnt that scary nor creates a ton of pressure. He should have time to find Godwin and perriman and other reads. Unless my opponent pulls Godwin, i have to go with winston.

17 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

A few of them.  Most of them to the defense though

• Haha 1