Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

With Patty Mahomes looking like he'll be playing in snow, call me crazy, but I'm going to be firing up this dude playing in a dome and hope he takes me to the finals.  Coaches seem confident that he can go.

• Like 2

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians confirmed Jameis Winston (thumb) will start Week 15 against the Lions.

Dec 13, 2019, 12:12 PM ET

Quick decision since he just threw today. He is good. Lets get the points boys. 310/3/2 3/22
Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CooL said:

With Patty Mahomes looking like he'll be playing in snow, call me crazy, but I'm going to be firing up this dude playing in a dome and hope he takes me to the finals.  Coaches seem confident that he can go.

weather that bad in KC?

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

weather that bad in KC?

NO

2019 Week 15 - Broncos At Chiefs Weather report

Kickoff: 12/15/2019 01:00 PM ET
Overcast. Partly cloudy throughout the day.

Kickoff

Cloudy

Overcast

Temperature: 27f.

Feels Like: 17f.

Wind: 10mi East - NorthEast

Humidity: 83%

Visibility: 2mi

Barometer: 1016"

Dew Point: 22f.

Cloud Cover: 100%

Precipitation Prob: 9%

Q2

Fog

Foggy

Temperature: 28f.

Feels Like: 18f.

Humidity: 81%

Visibility: 0mi

Dew Point: 22f.

Precipitation Prob: 11%

Q3

Fog

Foggy

Dew Point: 23f.

Precipitation Prob: 12%

Q4

Fog

Foggy

Wind: 11mi East - NorthEast

Barometer: 1015"

Dew Point: 23f.

Precipitation Prob: 14%

Arrowhead1

Click to see stadium details

Arrowhead Stadium

Surface: Grass

Zip: 64129

Capacity: 79451

Type: Open

Last Update: Fri, Dec 13 2019 01:00 PM

Then again a different weather site says snow, 70% lol

Edited by Zekepeak86
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians confirmed Jameis Winston (thumb) will start Week 15 against the Lions.

Quick decision since he just threw today. He is good. Lets get the points boys. 310/3/2 3/22

Full update

Winston suffered a hairline fracture in his right (throwing) thumb last week, but still threw for a career-high 456 yards in a win over Indianapolis. Arians declared Winston "ready to go" after seeing him throw at Friday's end-of-week session. Even without Mike Evans (hamstring), Winston should be in for a monster game Sunday against a subpar Lions secondary. He belongs in all season-long lineups and should be a popular DFS commodity along with teammate Chris Godwin.

[...] I think unless we hear any more negative information about his hand I’m going to roll with Jamis for his upside.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 hours ago, webster slaughter said:

Put my mind at ease. The doctor says the thumb can't get any worse? (assuming it doesn't get stepped on)

Where did you see that?

1 hour ago, bookofalamo28 said:

Where did you see that?

JW got a second opinion (RW report) that stated playing would not make it worse. As noted above, dismissing the low chance that his thumb gets stepped on or otherwise directly impacted he should be fine. Not expecting another 49 FPs, only 51 this week. :) Seriously, best start of the week ... who else has his upside in a dome against a scrub D but has an offense that can score.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blazer said:

JW got a second opinion (RW report) that stated playing would not make it worse. As noted above, dismissing the low chance that his thumb gets stepped on or otherwise directly impacted he should be fine. Not expecting another 49 FPs, only 51 this week. :) Seriously, best start of the week ... who else has his upside in a dome against a scrub D but has an offense that can score.

O ok, so the thumb won't be affected by playing. I think that makes my decision between him and Tannehill.

28 minutes ago, bookofalamo28 said:

O ok, so the thumb won't be affected by playing. I think that makes my decision between him and Tannehill.

The team's and doctor's belief is his thumb shouldn't be affected long-term by playing, but there's still the risk that in the middle of the game his thumb starts hurting so much that he can't grip the ball well and can't throw properly, and then he has a bad game overall or they bench him early.

I don't have Winston on any teams in the playoffs so I don't have a real opinion on whether to start him or not.  He definitely has one of the highest upsides this week.

Edited by ZappB

He’s been so good just got a baaad feeling about this

no Evans 

fractured thumb 

Blough

almost feels like the Jax game where you may not need to throw . 

Edited by malta69

14 minutes ago, malta69 said:

no Evans 

fractured thumb 

Blough

Even without Evans and an injured hand he threw for nearly 200 yards and 2 TDs in the second half.

58 minutes ago, malta69 said:

no Evans 

fractured thumb 

Blough

These are the very valid counter points to his immense upside this week. I think Evans is the least of all of them, though...he has put up plenty of big games with little to no contribution from big Mike.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

These are the very valid counter points to his immense upside this week. I think Evans is the least of all of them, though...he has put up plenty of big games with little to no contribution from big Mike.

Agree. The thumb is really my only concern.  We can look at 3/4 of last week to see what he can do without Evans.  

14 hours ago, malta69 said:

no Evans 

fractured thumb 

Blough

This steaming pile of garbage will throw enough pick-sixes to keep the Lions in the game, then heroically throw for 600 and 6 and bring them back to win by three.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don’t care about in game injury risk, he was cleared to play [...] Winston’s upside against a terrible Lions D is one of the highest of the week. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

The upside is totally there.....just worry about what kind of day he’ll hsve likely not playing from behind for a change 

The in game injury risk has me worried, but not needing to do much to win also has me worried.

not sure if someone like Dak or Fitz is a safer pick this week, but as many have said, the upside is undeniable and hard to pass up 

dak scares me this week even tho i think he would be worth a start 

I really want to hear what beat reporters say about how he looks throwing tomorrow during warmups. Yeah I am a little nervous but here is why im going with Jamies.

1. Arians loves to throw.

2. Tampa def stinks and blough is decent see the thanksgiving game.

3. He is playing for a contract.

4. He probably wants to lead the league in passing.

5. Detroit stinks at defense.

6. Bucs can end the season at 9-7 pretty good result.

7. There running backs arent good.

Anyone who is big on twitter let us know how he looks please.

40 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I really want to hear what beat reporters say about how he looks throwing tomorrow during warmups. Yeah I am a little nervous but here is why im going with Jamies.

1. Arians loves to throw.

2. Tampa def stinks and blough is decent see the thanksgiving game.

3. He is playing for a contract.

4. He probably wants to lead the league in passing.

5. Detroit stinks at defense.

6. Bucs can end the season at 9-7 pretty good result.

7. There running backs arent good.

Anyone who is big on twitter let us know how he looks please.

JW is a warrior going back to FSU and will play hurt, but not injured. Agree people need to check pre-game to make sure he's a full go. I just got this gut feeling he's going to explode. It's rare for a QB to put up back-to-back 40-50 point games, but I'm buying the vibe. Just a feeling, and I have Dak on the bench if I change my mind. I like the match-up, I like the Detroit QB killing it with deep hits to Golladay ... just have a good warm feeling about this game. I also like the stealth potential for a new WR#1 for Tampa this week ... WR Watson. Should be a great game to watch. Good luck to all!

You already know he's gonna be shaking his hand or grabbing his thumb as an excuse when he starts slinging INT's

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1