Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Jesus. People, it was the hapless Lions and he still threw a pass right to the other team. Yeah the Bucs are gonna be stupid and franchise him and yeah he throws for lots of yards but has accomplished zero in the NFl No playoff appearances, beats up crappy teams, yeah the Rams are craptastic.

Fantasy gold because he usually digs a hole for his own team with turnovers but as an NFL QB, hes pure garbage.

Not a Jameis owner, are you? This is a fantasy football forum. He may not be a great real life QB because he’s inaccurate and turns the ball over too often. But even still, haven’t the Bucs just won their fourth game in a row? So who is complaining? For fantasy purposes, he’s gold. He had the second highest QB score behind Lamar. Thanks for taking me to the ship, Jameis!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FavreCo said:

Jesus. People, it was the hapless Lions and he still threw a pass right to the other team. Yeah the Bucs are gonna be stupid and franchise him and yeah he throws for lots of yards but has accomplished zero in the NFl No playoff appearances, beats up crappy teams, yeah the Rams are craptastic.

Fantasy gold because he usually digs a hole for his own team with turnovers but as an NFL QB, hes pure garbage.


again, we are on a fantasy football forum 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Worried for next week. Looks like Scott Miller and Godwin hurt their hamstring. The matchup is great but sheesh idk

I mean its not like they are going to change their entire offensive philosophy and Houston will score forcing them to throw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bucs never have even a decent running game and their D has just started playing well. Everyone in the building knows Winston is going to throw. He's thrown for over 900 yards in 2 weeks. He's 25 years old. Give the guy a break please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the thumb scared me and it cost me. At this point he should really consider constantly breaking it. Kind of like the Lebron pregame ritual with the powder except he takes a hammer and smashes his thumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

the thumb scared me and it cost me. At this point he should really consider constantly breaking it. Kind of like the Lebron pregame ritual with the powder except he takes a hammer and smashes his thumb. 

 

No need. His pregame ritual is throwing an early pick. Then he starts playing and we in for a good time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jameis Winston is the autodrafter buddy of yours who calls players by their wrong names, still thinks guys who retired 5 years ago are still starting, and leaves players in his lineup who are on IR or on bye, yet he still comes out and stomps your 12-2 team by 50. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

I mean its not like they are going to change their entire offensive philosophy and Houston will score forcing them to throw. 

Rode the J train all season, but is it time to hop off? Somehow I'm not quite as confident with instead of Evans and Godwin he has Perriman and Watson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, gsiegel said:

Rode the J train all season, but is it time to hop off? Somehow I'm not quite as confident with instead of Evans and Godwin he has Perriman and Watson.

 

Image result for christian bale gifs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Jesus. People, it was the hapless Lions and he still threw a pass right to the other team. Yeah the Bucs are gonna be stupid and franchise him and yeah he throws for lots of yards but has accomplished zero in the NFl No playoff appearances, beats up crappy teams, yeah the Rams are craptastic.

Fantasy gold because he usually digs a hole for his own team with turnovers but as an NFL QB, hes pure garbage.


Didn't realize this was a TB fan forum. As for me, I like the points he brings to my roster.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to be scary without Evans or Godwin but I don't think most people can hop off this train now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t trust him enough to start this week and he came though with his best game of the season. Without Evans and Godwin, I can’t see starting him, even in a great matchup. Do we really expect Brate, Howard and Perriman to support 300+ yards and 3 TDs to offset his 2+ picks? If you have someone like Tannehill, I’d sit Winston in the championship. Obviously if you have no decent options, take the wild ride one last time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, y2jbones said:

I didn’t trust him enough to start this week and he came though with his best game of the season. Without Evans and Godwin, I can’t see starting him, even in a great matchup. Do we really expect Brate, Howard and Perriman to support 300+ yards and 3 TDs to offset his 2+ picks? If you have someone like Tannehill, I’d sit Winston in the championship. Obviously if you have no decent options, take the wild ride one last time. 

 

Over under is super high and texans favored by less than 3. This will be a good and fun game- and you need to start all players in this. Jameis can sleep and put up 300 yards I feel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

I didn’t trust him enough to start this week and he came though with his best game of the season. Without Evans and Godwin, I can’t see starting him, even in a great matchup. Do we really expect Brate, Howard and Perriman to support 300+ yards and 3 TDs to offset his 2+ picks? If you have someone like Tannehill, I’d sit Winston in the championship. Obviously if you have no decent options, take the wild ride one last time. 

 

All I will say is this.  Houston will score on Saturday.  Are you expecting TB to keep pace with their running game?  Winston's volume will be insane.  Yes, their WR situation is a concern.  But, they do have a few lesser name guys, that can play.  OJH will help out also.  After this ride, there's no way I'm pulling the plug (with this matchup) in championship week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston threw for 458 4 and 1.... 121 of those were godwin and 0 TDs. Against houston i can see 300/3/2. Thatll work for me. Perriman can catch but yes he doesnt have his full plethora of options, still no way they run the ball so he is a must start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Godwin and Evans both out, he still has better WR's then Carson Wentz and he scored 30 this week. 

Edited by Duckbutter
spelling
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eck27 said:

Going to be scary without Evans or Godwin but I don't think most people can hop off this train now...

 

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

I didn’t trust him enough to start this week and he came though with his best game of the season. Without Evans and Godwin, I can’t see starting him, even in a great matchup. Do we really expect Brate, Howard and Perriman to support 300+ yards and 3 TDs to offset his 2+ picks? If you have someone like Tannehill, I’d sit Winston in the championship. Obviously if you have no decent options, take the wild ride one last time. 

As others have said, we know he's going to throw it, it doesn't matter who his receivers are.  No Evans?  Fine.  Boom, here's 456 yards and 4 TDs (granted 60 and 1 were to Evans.  91 scoreless yards to Godwin).  No Godwin?  Fine.  Boom, here's 458 yards and another 4 TDs (121 yards and 0 TDs as mentioned to Godwin).  So that's a bunch of yards and 7 TDs to supposed nobodies. 

I'm playing the matchup and not the people.  Houston D isn't great, and Arians has shown an offensive mindset to throw throw throw.  This guy got me to the ship.  Going to live or die by him, even if my other option is Patty Mahomes himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ascent of Perriman pretty much confirms that Godwin and Evans are just decent WR who happen to be in a great system with a great QB.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

This ascent of Perriman pretty much confirms that Godwin and Evans are just decent WR who happen to be in a great system with a great QB.

I can agree with this. Sometimes its the system, look at Bell, cant rush worth a **** now that he isnt behind the Steelers front and with that system. Winston for as bad of a decision maker he is, has an elite offensive system and besides the mental side, is a pretty damn good qb.

 

EDIT: All you winston owners, id say grab perriman so your opponent cant work off your success in the finals... if you have the room on your team of course. I can almost bet he sees a minimum of 8 targets.

Edited by Zekepeak86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is if I make it to the championship next week with my decimated WR group I am picking up any Bucs WR I can and starting them. This pass offense is bonkers. I have been really harsh on Winston, but he puts up insane numbers in Arians' system. If they can continue building around Winston they might have something, despite his turnover woes with interceptions and fumbles. Can't believe I'm saying that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

EDIT: All you winston owners, id say grab perriman so your opponent cant work off your success in the finals... if you have the room on your team of course. I can almost bet he sees a minimum of 8 targets.

This is sound advice.  Everyone is going to rush to Perriman but I could see Justin Watson being productive too.  Or even OJ Howard, if he was dropped.  Only question would be if your opponent's WRs are weak enough to take a flier on a week 16 waiver wonder and insert into the starting lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.