Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

He was the real league winner all along. Nearly 1000 passing yards in 2 weeks is complete insanity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CooL said:

This is sound advice.  Everyone is going to rush to Perriman but I could see Justin Watson being productive too.  Or even OJ Howard, if he was dropped.  Only question would be if your opponent's WRs are weak enough to take a flier on a week 16 waiver wonder and insert into the starting lineup.

Pretty unlikely at this point.   I expect that the overwhelming % of Perriman owners this week will be Godwin owners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Pretty unlikely at this point.   I expect that the overwhelming % of Perriman owners this week will be Godwin owners. 

or Kupp/Thielen owners 😕

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

or Kupp/Thielen owners 😕

True.  Although I think I would have made arrangements for Thielen weeks ago.  Maybe even Kupp.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going all in by starting Winston and Perriman in the 'ship next week

 

This is why we play ladies and gentlemen, you ride or die. Now's not the time to play it safe (still making sensible decisions of course) if you made it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's early, but looks like a steady rain is in the forecast for Tampa on Saturday.  This will just complicate things on whether or not to start Winston.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does everyone feel on the question if they’re going to bring him back? They have a lot of holes on defense and I get the feeling Arians likes him. I would give him a year on either the franchise tag or a short prove it deal the talent is clearly there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to play him.  I get that it doesn't feel great.  But how can you bench?  He's been so good, and despite all his supporting cast concerns, he just turned Breshad Perriman into Mike Evans.  Godwin goes out?  Why not turn Watson into Godwin?  Miller out?  Howard/Brate.  Maybe some more to the RBs.  Have to play.  Solid floor, almost unrivaled ceiling.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

How does everyone feel on the question if they’re going to bring him back? They have a lot of holes on defense and I get the feeling Arians likes him. I would give him a year on either the franchise tag or a short prove it deal the talent is clearly there.

I feel like they have to bring him back. I get that he makes dumb decisions weekly but there are a lot worse QB situations around the league. Their offense at least moves the ball and scores.  I know I’m beating a dead horse but if he could just limit some of the ints he could be a good QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Have to play him.  I get that it doesn't feel great.  But how can you bench?  He's been so good, and despite all his supporting cast concerns, he just turned Breshad Perriman into Mike Evans.  Godwin goes out?  Why not turn Watson into Godwin?  Miller out?  Howard/Brate.  Maybe some more to the RBs.  Have to play.  Solid floor, almost unrivaled ceiling.  

 

A realistic approach this week is that his range of outcomes is definitely reduced on the ceiling side. I can certainly see 16 - 18 points, a safe low end qb1. But I really can't see a 400 yard 3 TD output with the state of the offense and the lack of explosion / proven options. The ceiling will only be unlocked if Justin Watson goes to elite status overnight and Perriman proves he's a #1 option - highly unlikely but hey, it's a 50 point over under so game script is there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how everyone thinks the receptions, yards, and points he accrues after making mistakes are somehow easy. A thing any schmuck could do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 TDS to 36 turnovers.

 

this guys is straight trash. There was some talk on Chicago sports radio about bringing in Jameis Winston next year...

 

i dont know which trash id rather have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 9:19 PM, FavreCo said:

Jesus. People, it was the hapless Lions and he still threw a pass right to the other team. Yeah the Bucs are gonna be stupid and franchise him and yeah he throws for lots of yards but has accomplished zero in the NFl No playoff appearances, beats up crappy teams, yeah the Rams are craptastic.

Fantasy gold because he usually digs a hole for his own team with turnovers but as an NFL QB, hes pure garbage.


Just now catching up with the thread.  
 

I know this post is a couple days old, but I thought it was ironic that this dude’s user name is the NFL career leader in both Interceptions and Fumbles... who also happens to be considered one of the best to ever play QB.

 

Plus, I doubt many people in here are Bucs fans... so we don’t care.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

31 TDS to 36 turnovers.

 

this guys is straight trash. There was some talk on Chicago sports radio about bringing in Jameis Winston next year...

 

i dont know which trash id rather have.

 

There's opportunity here with coaching to cut down the mistakes, but yeah he hasn't beaten many good teams this year. Good teams make you pay big-time for those turnovers, bad teams usually can't capitalize. 

Houston is another meh team that will not be able to capitalize. Their defense is not scary and their offense is pretty much top-15, middle of the pack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bottom line with Jameis is he throws a ton and racks up yards and points throws TDs and also makes a ton of mistakes along the the way. He isn't nothing special. Up against a good pass defense he will do horrible. Up against a poor or mediocre pass defense he will get decent to great numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigTruss said:

Bottom line with Jameis is he throws a ton and racks up yards and points throws TDs and also makes a ton of mistakes along the the way. He isn't nothing special. Up against a good pass defense he will do horrible. Up against a poor or mediocre pass defense he will get decent to great numbers. 

 

#4 fantasy QB on the year. Doesn't matter if he throws 2 INT if he throws 4 TDs. This is a fantasy football forum so his real life impact doesn't matter as long as he is racking up the yards and TDs he will be a special fantasy QB (unless he gets benched but i doubt that will happen this year)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

 

#4 fantasy QB on the year. Doesn't matter if he throws 2 INT if he throws 4 TDs. This is a fantasy football forum so his real life impact doesn't matter as long as he is racking up the yards and TDs he will be a special fantasy QB (unless he gets benched but i doubt that will happen this year)

The thing is though and this is what I think Winston has exploited throughout the season really well is he has exploded against the weaker pass defenses and struggled a lot against the better pass defenses. This is why I don't see him as a true top fantasy football QB,because the elite ones will rise above and perform against the good defenses and you can trust them like the Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Lamar Jackson's. Jameis Winston is not that caliber of QB I don't care what the numbers say. When he is approaching 30 interceptions in a seasons that isn't a top QB in my book I don't care how much he throws the football around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigTruss said:

The thing is though and this is what I think Winston has exploited throughout the season really well is he has exploded against the weaker pass defenses and struggled a lot against the better pass defenses. This is why I don't see him as a true top fantasy football QB,because the elite ones will rise above and perform against the good defenses and you can trust them like the Patrick Mahomes, Drew Brees, Lamar Jackson's. Jameis Winston is not that caliber of QB I don't care what the numbers say. When he is approaching 30 interceptions in a seasons that isn't a top QB in my book I don't care how much he throws the football around.

 

Well you can start Winston against the weaker pass defenses and then stream a good matchup QB in the handful of tough matchups he has 😛 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

 

Well you can start Winston against the weaker pass defenses and then stream a good matchup QB in the handful of tough matchups he has 😛 

I get that, but many are lumping him in with the elite QB's like Brees, Mahomes, and Jackson who you never bench and he isn't that for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean...the whole idea of drafting Winston is that you could grab him late and theoretically make yourself stronger at the other positions.   Maybe he loses you a couple of games but he likely won you at least a couple of games.   And was fine in the rest.   He was absolutely a value for most people where they drafted him.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BigTruss said:

I get that, but many are lumping him in with the elite QB's like Brees, Mahomes, and Jackson who you never bench and he isn't that for sure.

 

IDK who is saying that...maybe people not on this forum.

Winston maybe cost me a game or two, but he single handedly carried me the last two weeks. I'm indebted and will remember how much he balled out during fantasy playoffs. 

In terms of matchups, Texans are 3rd easiest on the year for fantasy QBs, and that trend is not slowing down. You can make the argument that Brady was sucking, Drew lock was fluky, and Tannehill was sucking, and Lamar is Lamar, so maybe it's not 3rd easiest. But this matchup is definitely top 10, and Winston should be started.

The only wild cards now is if you believe Howard, Watson, Barber, Jones, Perriman, and Brate can compile 300 yards and 3 TDs amongst them...tough task. 

I can realistically see 80 yards for Perriman, 60 for Howard, 40 for Brate, and 50 for the RBs. That's 230 yards. 70 more yards to other random ancillary pieces like Watson and practice squad guys? It's attainable. Brate and Howard might be red-zone threats, so there's about 2 TDs. Perriman was open on his TDs so not sure if he's a lock, but Watson caught one two weeks ago.

Does the math add up, all? 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BigTruss said:

I get that, but many are lumping him in with the elite QB's like Brees, Mahomes, and Jackson who you never bench and he isn't that for sure.

 

I doubt any non-Tampa homer would group Winston with Mahomes/Brees/Jackson, at least in real life. But for fantasy purposes Winston is probably up there in the top tier of QBs. Even if you throw out the games that Mahomes and Brees left early due to injury, Winston is right there with them in scoring on a per game basis and that's very valuable for a guy you got in round 11 vs Mahomes who costed you a 2nd round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you have said the same about a healthy Matthew Stafford who slings the ball around the field and racks up yards years ago or even Phillip Rivers to some extent. I wouldn't put them in the same category as a Drew Brees or Tom Brady in his prime days. Maybe that is just me. This week with Winston I definitely don't see Winston putting up 40 some points and instead getting a more on the lines of a 20 point game. I think Matt Ryan is just a good of a play and Ryan Fitzpatrick a better play than him this week versus Cincy. I agree with you on the value for sure as Winston has lived up to that for sure and really surpassed his draft position value by far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BigTruss said:

I get that, but many are lumping him in with the elite QB's like Brees, Mahomes, and Jackson who you never bench and he isn't that for sure.

 

I'd argue Brees and Mahomes aren't up there with Jackson and don't deserve to be talked about like they're interchangeable. In fact, they're nowhere close even when accounting for the games they've missed. The only QB who comes close is Deshaun Watson and he's still averaged 5 less points per week than Jackson (Mahomes and Brees 7 and 8 less respectively). Winston is 6 less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.