Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Sartorialism said:

I'd argue Brees and Mahomes aren't up there with Jackson and don't deserve to be talked about like they're interchangeable. In fact, they're nowhere close even when accounting for the games they've missed. The only QB who comes close is Deshaun Watson and he's still averaged 5 less points per week than Jackson (Mahomes and Brees 7 and 8 less respectively). Winston is 6 less.

I forgot about Watson.

4 hours ago, BigTruss said:

I get that, but many are lumping him in with the elite QB's like Brees, Mahomes, and Jackson who you never bench and he isn't that for sure.

[...]

Mahomes  on the other hand....I would be willing to bet there are A LOT of teams watching the 'ship because of going in early on him in their drafts.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

3 hours ago, MikeN123 said:

[...]

Mahomes  on the other hand....I would be willing to bet there are A LOT of teams watching the 'ship because of going in early on him in their drafts.

I agree that the draft positioning favors Winston over Mahomes especially since the way he played the previous season, but look at a player like Lamar Jackson who in most drafts where he wasn't picked at the top of the draft and his value definitely surpassed what Jameis Winston did this season.

Def drafting Winston in as many leagues possible next year. I may have to reach a little. this dude proves to be a fantasy qb stud.....

• Like 1

Arians + Winston is money. Going to throw deep bombs left and right. Lovin’ it. 

Arians' coaching philosophy can be summed up with one phrase: “No risk it no biscuit, You can’t live scared.” His former quarterback in Arizona, Carson Palmer, says, “You play for him, you see he just has guts. He will let it rip let it fly no matter what.” He first developed this philosophy when the old timers at the bar he worked at in college told him, "In life you must take risks." During games he will always give the quarterback at least two options based on how the defense lines up. "One option will give us a chance to make a first down and the other option will give us a chance to score a touchdown." All his quarterbacks must believe, “If I have the right match up and the opportunity is there to take a shot at the deep ball, take it. I don’t care if it’s a third and-and-three; if our best receiver is in single coverage and he’s running a deep post route, throw him the goddamn ball.”

One thing Arians cannot stand is when coaches play not to lose. He considers conservative coaching to be a cardinal sin. In his book, he writes, “That’s not my way brother. I’ll never be too afraid to throw it and take the heat if it’s incomplete. My job as an offensive coach is not to allow our defense to retake the field.”

Edited by NBatum88
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

31 TDS to 36 turnovers.

this guys is straight trash. There was some talk on Chicago sports radio about bringing in Jameis Winston next year...

i dont know which trash id rather have.

In my league TDs are worth more than penalties for turnovers so I am more than coming out ahead...

17 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

I'd argue Brees and Mahomes aren't up there with Jackson and don't deserve to be talked about like they're interchangeable. In fact, they're nowhere close even when accounting for the games they've missed. The only QB who comes close is Deshaun Watson and he's still averaged 5 less points per week than Jackson (Mahomes and Brees 7 and 8 less respectively). Winston is 6 less.

Winston is #5 QB in my league right now. Of the four in front of him, two of those QBs have had individual weeks worse than Winston's lowest week. I would have loved a higher floor with Winston, but one single digit performance week and one other 10 point week shows that his floor was pretty dang good. He has been more than a steady option with an obscene ceiling. Unless you have Jackson, Winston has been one o the top bets week to week.

My league gives 6 pts for TD passes and a 5 point bonus for going over 300 yards. 

Winston is the #2 QB and #3 overall scorer. Cha-ching. 

I'm growing more and more nervous about Jameis. I'm probably overthinking it but it's the champion so I feel like that's normal. 

He's got a great matchup but he's missing two star receivers. His finger is still broken. Perriman made things happen last week but can he again?

I dunno, has anyone cooled on jameis? He seems safe for like a 16 point floor I guess.

Just now, bangarrang said:

I'm growing more and more nervous about Jameis. I'm probably overthinking it but it's the champion so I feel like that's normal. 

He's got a great matchup but he's missing two star receivers. His finger is still broken. Perriman made things happen last week but can he again?

I dunno, has anyone cooled on jameis? He seems safe for like a 16 point floor I guess.

I was worried last week, stuck with him, and was rewarded with 40 points. He did fine after Godwin went down. I’m sticking with my man.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DoYourJob said:

Yeah definitely think the fractured thumb makes him better

It just might. The glove keeps the thumb from moving too much which gives him a solid launching point. His passes have looked better since the injury and the glove. He only has 80+ FFPs since the injury and is setting TB (and NFL) records ... Start him and all TB pass catchers vs Houston, should be a shootout.

As it pertains to Winston and Watson... Hopkins, Fuller, Perriman... what if it's NOT the shootout everyone is predicting? So much on the line in this Saturday 1 pm game, esp when you have multiple guys involved. #sweating

2 hours ago, copazetik said:

As it pertains to Winston and Watson... Hopkins, Fuller, Perriman... what if it's NOT the shootout everyone is predicting? So much on the line in this Saturday 1 pm game, esp when you have multiple guys involved. #sweating

Pretend it’s Monday night, drink tequila and wake up Tues morning. 

If you made it this far make sure you go into this weekend with plenty of booze. Just minus it from your earnings. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

[...] I’m a little more worried this week- weather, can Perriman do it again without another true threat on other side?

Then again, the philosophy of this team is to throw. He’s on a hot streak, hard to sit, even if your other option is Mahomes.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

33 minutes ago, CooL said:

[...] I’m a little more worried this week- weather, can Perriman do it again without another true threat on other side?

Then again, the philosophy of this team is to throw. He’s on a hot streak, hard to sit, even if your other option is Mahomes.

There's 0% chance of rain and 14mph winds. Why are people worried?

15 hours ago, ponchsox said:

I was worried last week, stuck with him, and was rewarded with 40 points. He did fine after Godwin went down. I’m sticking with my man.

This. 👆🏻

/Endthread.  

Let’s get this 💰 fellas! GL to all. 🤝

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

There's 0% chance of rain and 14mph winds. Why are people worried?

Ah I didn’t look again. Earlier this week they said lots of rain.

Let’s go. Tanny in the bench. Famous Jameis locked and loaded. Perriman 2 scores, oj Howard a score and a rushing td from the 4

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jameis 3 big games in a row? Perriman the 5 year bust gonna rock out?  I'm betting against that all day.

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Jameis 3 big games in a row? Perriman the 5 year bust gonna rock out?  I'm betting against that all day.

Get out now-

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Let’s go. Tanny in the bench. Famous Jameis locked and loaded. Perriman 2 scores, oj Howard a score and a rushing td from the 4

Doing the same, let's get it Jameis. I hope arians has him gunning for peyton's yardage record.

Weather looks good, hoping for a shootout! Let’s all Eat a W this weekend! Good luck fellow Jameis owners!

• Like 1

Wintson just lost his  2 pro bowl  WR..    Godwin and Evans,  and He throws INT's like candy from a parade float . 

But....Yeah.....he is probably gonna throw for 400/4/4    LOL

Good luck you guys.

• Like 1