Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

This dude stinks irl. If he was a playable character in madden 06, his field vision would look like a single piece of spaghetti. No awareness. JP Losman levels of awareness

Edited by Chippa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we knew the risk. Those wr didn’t make any plays and when separation was created Aton didn’t hit them or they couldn’t catch it. Sucked all around. Time for the rest of my team to pick it up. Starts with the pats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp that sucks. But the data and his past performance indicated that he was a start. I feel lucky to get 17 points. Still a lot of football to be played this weekend to decide the ship, let’s not give up hope now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CooL said:

Welp that sucks. But the data and his past performance indicated that he was a start. I feel lucky to get 17 points. Still a lot of football to be played this weekend to decide the ship, let’s not give up hope now!

 

That's EXACTLY why he was a risky start. As soon as people think Winston has cured his brain, that's when he throws 4int's. I've never seen him have 3 great games in a row...

Then you take away his 2 ridiculous receivers that make him look good half the time....oh lawd

Edited by TennisDude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bradyp713 said:

Im happy with the 15 points or whatever he got. Especially after the 0-2 2int start lol

 

11 points here is worse than David blough...not good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

 

That's EXACTLY why he was a risky start. As soon as people think Winston has cured his brain, that's when he throws 4int's. I've never seen him have 3 great games in a row...

Then you take away his 2 ridiculous receivers that make him look good half the time....oh lawd

Well hindsight is 20-20. In 6 pt passing TD leagues, 7 of his last 8 games were over 22 points, with his week winning last two 40+ point weeks. Going up against Houston D? With a coach who just throws? With Perriman going for 3 TDs last week? All signs were pointing to playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Well hindsight is 20-20. 

 

There was no hindsight. I said the exact same thing before the game. Go back a couple of pages. :)

"Jameis 3 big games in a row? I'm betting against that all day."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CooL said:

Well hindsight is 20-20. In 6 pt passing TD leagues, 7 of his last 8 games were over 22 points, with his week winning last two 40+ point weeks. Going up against Houston D? With a coach who just throws? With Perriman going for 3 TDs last week? All signs were pointing to playing. 

Yeah I started him for all of those reasons. 

Still...

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

 

There was no hindsight. I said the exact same thing before the game. Go back a couple of pages. :)

"Jameis 3 big games in a row? I'm betting against that all day."

Do you own him? Did you even have to make a start-sit decision or are you just coming to laugh at us? If you owned him, and you rode his two 40 pointers to the ship, it would be a very hard call to have sat him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CooL said:

Do you own him? Did you even have to make a start-sit decision or are you just coming to laugh at us? If you owned him, and you rode his two 40 pointers to the ship, it would be a very hard call to have sat him. 

 

I have him.  He's riding the pine this week.  Yes, his last couple of games were game winning.  But since then, he's lost two of the best receivers in the game.  No Evans, no Godwin, a fractured thumb?  There comes a point when a player becomes to risky to play and IMO, this week was it.

 

Of course I could be wrong and Winston may still end up being the right choice.  It all depends on how Brees does tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny Rico said:

 

I have him.  He's riding the pine this week.  Yes, his last couple of games were game winning.  But since then, he's lost two of the best receivers in the game.  No Evans, no Godwin, a fractured thumb?  There comes a point when a player becomes to risky to play and IMO, this week was it.

 

Of course I could be wrong and Winston may still end up being the right choice.  It all depends on how Brees does tomorrow.


Most people in here don’t have Brees. Come on now...if you didn’t have Brees you probably would’ve risked Winston. Because with his thumb and no Evans and no Godwin for part of the game Winston still produced last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tpat30 said:


Most people in here don’t have Brees. Come on now...if you didn’t have Brees you probably would’ve risked Winston. Because with his thumb and no Evans and no Godwin for part of the game Winston still produced last week.

Well, I have Mahomes and I still played Winston. Call me crazy, perhaps. But I sat Mahomes last week as well for Winston. There were a lot of justified reasons why the right call was Winston this week. He didn’t have Godwin for part of last week and did well. Houston defense is not formidable. Mahomes going up against Chicago who hasn’t allowed a QB to hit 20 points this year. So I went with Jameis. Turns out it might not be the right call, but the best we can do is to analyze and make our best choice. If we didn’t have to make choices, we’d be playing best ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CooL said:

Do you own him? Did you even have to make a start-sit decision or are you just coming to laugh at us? If you owned him, and you rode his two 40 pointers to the ship, it would be a very hard call to have sat him. 

 

There was a good chance these past 2 weeks weren’t going to continue though. It is in the end crab legs Winston.

Edited by MrPositive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't understand the free passes he gets.  Media talking about who will gamble on him in the off season or the Bucs will sign him to another deal.  When will they admit he is a MORE turnover prone Blake Bortles with better weapons around him?  Another thing that they don't talk about is the fumbles.  He has 50 over his career! 23 of those have been recovered by the other team.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LostAtSea said:

Winston clearly doesn’t belong in the NFL. There is no question about it at this time

 

Definitely feels like 1 step forward, 3 steps back, 2steps forward, 1 back. Huge tease but he got us here at least 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't get over what a letdown Saturday was. Adds to his horrible home road splits. Something's going on in Tampa in his personal life that is screwing up his routine.

Wish I wasn't blinded by him "getting us there" vs looking at the situation and benching him. Every fantasy analyst was all over him- even the most accurate ones. [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 7:19 PM, bangarrang said:

I'm growing more and more nervous about Jameis. I'm probably overthinking it but it's the championship so I feel like that's normal. 

 

He's got a great matchup but he's missing two star receivers. His finger is still broken. Perriman made things happen last week but can he again?

 

I dunno, has anyone cooled on jameis? He seems safe for like a 16 point floor I guess.

 

[...] Next year I won't touch him unless it's really late in the draft. His inconsistency and crappy play make me think he's a risk for being benched.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jameis likely brought a lot of to the ship.  And I'm sure he sunk a lot of hopes and dreams.  But surely there were some who won despite him.

He's going to go into 2020 likely still the Bucs starter, as I think there was a report that they were going to tag him for something crazy like $27 or 28 million a year.  He will likely still be projected as high volume.  He may very well lead the league in passing this year.  And there's not going to be any offensive philosophy change of Arians and Leftwich.  So he's gotta still be a sleeper/value pick at QB, right? 

I think we all love the stats and the fact that they throw so much.  But obviously they have to throw a lot because of Jameis' continued mistakes.  If he didn't throw all the pick sixes, if he didn't turn it over and give a short field to the opponent, etc., then they might not always be in dogfights.  Is Ronald Jones the future RB of this team?  He was inconsistent.  I see them cutting Barber and finding somebody more complementary.  If they relied on the run more, that certainly would damper his prospects.  If he does (unlikely) cut down on the turnovers, then that paradoxically also worsens his fantasy outlook.

He was a good playoff QB for a lot of us and will be a memorable part of an up and down 2019 fantasy season.  But certainly there has to be some safer options out there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.