Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

Rode the Jameis coaster all year. How fitting his last throw of the season is a pick six to give him a 30/30 year. First player to ever do it. 

Edited by newyork2la

[...] This is FF and he delivers most weeks. TB ain't letting him go, so expect more fireworks next year.

He is easily a top 15-20 QB in real life, even with his many drawbacks.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

😄 `100% pure rotten garbage. Fitting that his last pass in TB was a pick-6. It was one of his best ever. 1 snap, game losing pick-6. His nickname needs to be Pick-6 because he's setting records handing points to the opposing teams. 

Gruden will take him.

32 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

😄 `100% pure rotten garbage. Fitting that his last pass in TB was a pick-6. It was one of his best ever. 1 snap, game losing pick-6. His nickname needs to be Pick-6 because he's setting records handing points to the opposing teams. 

Gruden will take him.

He’s likely returning with a franchise tag. I seriously doubt the Winston era is over in Tampa.

The poster boy for the difference between fantasy and reality.

This guy is an absolutely horrible real-life QB, yet he'll always be a top 8 fantasy QB due to the immense receiving talent around him.

Let's see if TB drafts or signs a new QB next year.  If they do then unfortunately Winston will be at risk of a mid-game benching like 2018.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

He’s likely returning with a franchise tag. I seriously doubt the Winston era is over in Tampa.

He will definitely be back. The turnovers hurt, but he has the talent to put up huge numbers. And QB's like that don't grow on trees. Bucs would be idiots to move on from him and Arians.

Hes garbage but at least he makes the game fun to watch. Where does everyone think he goes in next years fantasy draft? just after Mahomes/Jackson/Watson?

Jamous Pinkston is absolute dog****, but there's one ray of hope...Bruce Arians.

Arians has a near-saintly level of forgiveness. Most coaches wouldn't even contemplate playing a 30 INT QB. It's unthinkable. Pinkston has been allowed to get away with murder. And by allowing him to do so, Arians is winning the award for most 'liberally progressive liberal' you'll find in the NFL.

Saintliness aside, Arians actually likes Pinkston. He's known him since high school. By all accounts, the opportunity to coach him played a huge part in Arians' decision to take the job. Familiarity inspires sympathy...and patience. If Arians brings him back, there IS reason to be optimistic, and his career stays alive. After all, it's only been one season.

If Arians, of all people, gives up on him, he'll end up as another Ryan Fitzpatrick. Bouncing around as a part-time starter from one team to another.

6 hours ago, itslarry said:

Eh favre almost threw 30 a few times and people worship him. Besides, theres nothing better on the market.

Different eras. 20-30 years ago Winston would be revered as one of the best QB's in the NFL. Bucs need to continue improving the rest of the roster. What I saw from Winston this season was encouraging. And that was after I had given up on him after last season.

• Haha 1

20-30 years ago, Winston would have gotten jacked up so much with those cement shoes that he wouldn't have made it through a season. He's gotta be the clumsiest QB in NFL history. He so dumb that his feet and pea brain can't get in sync. It's a good thing 30 INT QBs don't grow on trees or the NFL would be outta business.

He's a no talent loser. Anyone can put up 30 TDs if you throw that many pick-6s and have to come out and continue throwing to try and win. It's comical that anyone would think this bum has what it takes after 5 years of progressively bad play. He set the record for pick-6s in a season.

• Like 1

I don't see how a head coach can make the comments Arians made about Winston and then turn around and franchise tag (I know it's not Arians decision, but he's in the room when the decision is made).  How can you say if I can win with Winston I can win with anyone, and then turnaround and give him 25 million?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GChicago said:

I don't see how a head coach can make the comments Arians made about Winston and then turn around and franchise tag (I know it's not Arians decision, but he's in the room when the decision is made).  How can you say if I can win with Winston I can win with anyone, and then turnaround and give him 25 million?  

Yeah...that was a brutally honest opinion he threw out there. 

No reason to franchise a pile of garbage. Just wait for everyone to walk away holding their noses and sign the bum for the league minimum. Seriously, what team would think this INT machine would make them better?

Gruden. :lol:

Edited by FavreCo

2 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Tampa Bay signs Marcus Mariota in the offseason. Book it!

As Jameis’s backup? Because he would be a downgrade. 

4 hours ago, K197040 said:

Yeah...that was a brutally honest opinion he threw out there. 

Truthfully don't see anything better than a 1-3 year deal a la Blake bortles and draft some competition in 2nd or 3rd round- although I wouldn't want my prospect to learn from Winston lol. Apparently Winston's a hard worker but it judgment is just not his thing 

• Like 1

I kind of don't want him to leave Tampa. Lol another really fun situation would be the Chargers. They'll be equally awful with Rivers or Winston, but at least Winston will be funner. 

Edited by ravensfanatic0
  • Like 1

Wow, that's got to be a crushing blow to Jameis to hear that straight from Arians, considering they are apparently close and have known each other for a long time.

Even if they franchise him and bring him back, and he does win the starting job, it's going to be hard to rely on him next year.  As Arians said, they had to stick with Jameis despite the turnovers because there simply wasn't anybody behind him.  I doubt that will be the case next year.  It's going to be like a Jameis/Fitz situation where he's at risk for an in-game benching.  Certainly there were plenty of games this year where he deserved to go to the bench. 

Maybe Phillip Rivers moves the whole clan to Tampa and finishes out his career slinging the ball.

1 hour ago, ravensfanatic0 said:

I kind of don't want him to leave Tampa. Lol another really fun situation would be the Chargers. They'll be equally awful with Rivers or Winston, but at least Winston will be funner. 

Lol one turnover machine to another.  But at least Jamis would actually use Mike Williams talent.

Even if he stays in Tampa, there's no way I'd take him as a top 5-10 qb next year. He comes with enormous risk of getting benched at any time during one of his 4 or 5 int explosions. 

9 hours ago, youngrice said:

Lol one turnover machine to another.  But at least Jamis would actually use Mike Williams talent.

Mike Williams has no talent, aside from running in a straight line quickly

5 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Mike Williams has no talent, aside from running in a straight line quickly

Don't agree with that.  Could of easily had double digit tds and over 1000 yds if Rivers had any arm strength left.