Lamont Sanford

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

12 hours ago, gufomel said:

What a bum. Got the Winston / Evans stack in my 2QB league and this is looking like it’s going to be an absolute disaster. Winston is too dumb for even Arians to fix. 

Agree.  I feel bad for everybody that bought into the Winston hype.

He may still have some big games but obviously will still clunkers that will probably lose you weeks.  He's nothing but a backup for fantasy purposes IMO and you're asking for trouble relying on him as an every week starter.

I'm just hoping Evans and Howard can survive and still find a way to put up numbers.  Not feeling very good about it though...  

Just now, tts42572 said:

Agree.  I feel bad for everybody that bought into the Winston hype.

He may still have some big games but obviously will still clunkers that will probably lose you weeks.  He's nothing but a backup for fantasy purposes IMO and you're asking for trouble relying on him as an every week starter.

I'm just hoping Evans and Howard can survive and still find a way to put up numbers.  Not feeling very good about it though...  

Aaron Rodgers/Cam/Baker/Big Ben all had clunkers this week. Winston certainly has a longer history of clunkers but it's just week 1. People were calling Kyler Murray a bust until he got hot late. 

It's week 1. Let's not overreact to Winston being Winston. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Aaron Rodgers/Cam/Baker/Big Ben all had clunkers this week. Winston certainly has a longer history of clunkers but it's just week 1. People were calling Kyler Murray a bust until he got hot late. 

It's week 1. Let's not overreact to Winston being Winston. 

Winston is not in the same universe as Rodgers, Cam or Big Ben. Too early to tell with Baker.
He's regressed every single year, and while he can't get much worse -- we all know he won't get much better based on his track record. Evans and Howard didn't exactly do him any favors, but even an average NFL QB can overcome some adversity during the game. He'll be benched sooner than later, as this team has way too much talent on offense to be held back by a lame-duck QB. More significantly, Tampa's defense looked better than advertised -- meaning there will be far less shootouts than most expected. That means the only player holding this team back from the playoffs is likely Winston. 

He has all the makings of Josh Freeman 2.0

• Like 2

Just now, BurgundyBooger said:

If you started Winston, that's a W for your opponent. Just ask him....

CarelessTautEuropeanfiresalamander-size_

Forgot about that clip. Couldn’t you have shown that before yesterday’s game?

Sucks that I took him over Lamar thinking Lamar would make it back to me. Prolly going to drop him for Dalton

Edited by scheibler

Listen guys...the QB position is a very cerebral position.  If there's one thing we know about JW it's that he's not a very bright young man.

When evaluating QB's whether it be for Fantasy or in real life, you've got to know that at the very least there's a mind at work.  

16 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If you started Winston, that's a W for your opponent. Just ask him....

CarelessTautEuropeanfiresalamander-size_

He probably spent a good portion of the night before coming up with that.

15 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

He probably spent a good portion of the night before coming up with that.

Lol.  I actually thought about that when I first saw the clip.   Wondering if he got in front of the mirror and practiced it.  Thinking, "yeah...that's it...that's off the hook...going to get everyone pumped".

And of course there's always overreaction when someone has a bad moment on camera and sometimes needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

But in this case, I think it's pretty indicative of what's going on in his head. 

When all these guys are retired, I'd love to hear what those guys on the team were thinking. 

Jesus. All the logical reasons for this guy, the elite talent and a good coach, can't save him. Dude turns into Matt pick-6 schaub in a cake matchup. I'm out- in 3 leagues.

I can’t stand Winston, he’s such an arrogant tool. Shame Fitz isn’t still there. Winston will put up some big games though, not because he is any good, but because if he plays remotely good the talent around him make him look good. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gufomel said:

What a bum. Got the Winston / Evans stack in my 2QB league and this is looking like it’s going to be an absolute disaster. Winston is too dumb for even Arians to fix. 

I too started Winston and Evans. Not sure what Evans’ deal was. Perhaps he was still feeling the effects of the virus he caught on Friday. I thought for sure he’d be good to go 2 days later. This outing was very disappointing in a good matchup. He’ll definitely have big weeks this season, as he did last season. @ Carolina next week may be the time to start another QB. 

I seem to always be the voice of reason for this poor dude. I avoided him in all leagues because of what we saw in week 1. However, with that being said, I would not give up on him yet (easier said being a non-owner). He has the tools and he has the talent around him to be successful for fantasy purposes at least.

Next week, he faces an average secondary of the Panthers and then in week 3 faces a young secondary in the Giants that just got destroyed by Dak. I would at least give him thru week 3 to figure things out.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

Wouldn't he have finished QB4- or something like that- in his 9 starts last year? And that included a couple pick-fest meltdowns IIRC. Maybe there's still hope, if you have the patience to ride this out(?).

9 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Jesus. All the logical reasons for this guy, the elite talent and a good coach, can't save him. Dude turns into Matt pick-6 schaub in a cake matchup. I'm out- in 3 leagues.

Maybe one day Winston will turn into 2008-2012 Matt Schaub but I doubt it.

10 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

Cant start this guy with any confidence vs Carolina.

He's getting canned from my team. 

I have to stick with him in my 12 team 2 qb. There is nobody else to get. Maybe minshew? Still holding out hope. He did have 2 tds called back due to penalty. He has 2 pretty decent matchups the next 2 weeks. 

This week is the classic "goes off on national TV while everyone in the world drops or sits him" week.  Can't wait.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

This week is the classic "goes off on national TV while everyone in the world drops or sits him" week.  Can't wait.

I got that feeling, but let's face it... Can't afford to have a cat that scores less than a TE (in a 4 pts passing QB td league)....if you got away like me in week 1...

This is just who this guy is at this point. If you play in a 2 QB you can justify keeping on your roster, otherwise no point. You're better off streaming.

In real football, he's running out of chances to be an NFL starting QB. Highly likely he's a backup by this time next year if not earlier.