Sign in to follow this  
TheVladeFather

No Brainer? Vetoable? WHIR

10 Team H2H - 9 Cat - Money League

My current team is in the signature.

My : Teague / Kanter / Hield (Currently 4th place)

His : Westbrook / Capela (Currently 8th place) (Probably looking for depth)

I'll end up taking a HUGE hit to my FT% and 3s, but gain some stocks and RBS?

I've already been considering trading players to move away from 3s as the rest of the league is aiming for that cat. Also, the trade was presented to me and even I think it's vetoable?

Any thoughts? WHIR

Edited by TheVladeFather

Not exactly vetoable, but pretty close to it and very lopsided in your favor.  Both Westbrook OR Capella are worth considerably more than any 2 of the players you are offering in a 12 team league.  In a 10 team league with 13 roster spots, you can make the argument that RWB could be worth all 3.

Edited by socal.trades714@yahoo.com

It depends on your league on whether they veto or not.  

IMHO, vetoing should ONLY, ONLY ever be used when collusion is suspected.  A heavily lopsided trade is an indicator of it, but doesn't necessarily mandate a veto; smart owners should consider all factors and variables when deciding to veto, especially since it's a huge power and responsibility to use it.  Most people just use veto when they think a trade is unfair or benefits one player, which is wrong.

However, again, it's very easy to get trigger happy with your veto, especially if a league-leading owner gets players that might allow him/her to dominate.  That's why everyone, including those in this thread, seem quick to just say "veto", rather than ask the reason, "WHY?"

With that being said, it's an incredibly stacked trade, in favor of you.  I personally would not veto, because I don't have any reason to suspect that you're colluding or cheating.  On the other hand, because it's quite unfair, I'm thinking also that your league-mates will likely (and wrongly) veto to prevent you from dominating your league.

4 minutes ago, MWon said:

It depends on your league on whether they veto or not.  

IMHO, vetoing should ONLY, ONLY ever be used when collusion is suspected.  A heavily lopsided trade is an indicator of it, but doesn't necessarily mandate a veto; smart owners should consider all factors and variables when deciding to veto, especially since it's a huge power and responsibility to use it.  Most people just use veto when they think a trade is unfair or benefits one player, which is wrong.

However, again, it's very easy to get trigger happy with your veto, especially if a league-leading owner gets players that might allow him/her to dominate.  That's why everyone, including those in this thread, seem quick to just say "veto", rather than ask the reason, "WHY?"

With that being said, it's an incredibly stacked trade, in favor of you.  I personally would not veto, because I don't have any reason to suspect that you're colluding or cheating.  On the other hand, because it's quite unfair, I'm thinking also that your league-mates will likely (and wrongly) veto to prevent you from dominating your league.

I used to think that, but last year I was in a league where one guy was obsessed with trading. Hed make trades 3x a week and his trades would range from him slightly winning them to complete rapings.  By the end of the season, his team was something like

Chris paul

Harden

Lebron

Anthony davis

Paul george

Durant

Beal

Whiteside

Derozan 

Horford 

Conley

This year we brought it vetoes.  One side can win the trade, but at least you arent going to win the championship with 1 trade

1 minute ago, Jimmy21 said:

I used to think that, but last year I was in a league where one guy was obsessed with trading. Hed make trades 3x a week and his trades would range from him slightly winning them to complete rapings.

This year we brought it vetoes.  One side can win the trade, but at least you arent going to win the championship with 1 trade

Yeahhh, you need to join a real league, dude.

I've been in public leagues like that where people are morons, and either you yourself rip off the stupid people (once they make a trade and reveal who they are), or you laugh, call it a lost season, and join a vet's league or something the next season.

Just now, MWon said:

Yeahhh, you need to join a real league, dude.

I've been in public leagues like that where people are morons, and either you yourself rip off the stupid people (once they make a trade and reveal who they are), or you laugh, call it a lost season, and join a vet's league or something the next season.

The sad part is that it's not a public league and it's really competitive.  Theres just like 4 guys that make easy targets.  They just do stupid stuff and try to over analyze everything......   I'll give you an example,  Last week, one of them was really eyeballing robert Covington from me. His team is ok on points and he needed to improve on blocks. .

So my 

Covington and Aaron Gordon 

His 

Oladipo and otto porter

It made sense to him, 2 underperforming players for Covington and a lottery ticket aaron gordon.....

It got vetoed.... rightfully so