Rotoworld.com Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

On 6/19/2019 at 8:01 AM, Olliemets said:

How does he stack up to the other top WR in standard? I think Hopkins/Adams/Julio are a tier above but I've really been struggling to rank him/Odell/Thomas/AB, I keep going back and forth as to who I like the best. Seems to me like Odell has the highest ceiling but the lowest floor. How do you all rank them (standard).

I think Adams and Hopkins stand alone. Then you got Julio, Thomas, and Hill followed by Odell, JuJu, and Evans.

The reason I put those 3 in a 3rd tier is because their situation is a bit unknown but all are elite and expected to be in great situations. That being said, the difference between 2 and 3 is minimal and these 3 tiers are the elite WRs. Probably Hilton as well. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

Juju had 111 rec on 166 targets for 1,426 yds and 7 TDs.

I see targets increasing to 180, 120 rec, 1450 yds, and 10 TDs.  This projection is PPR WR1 OVERALL material. 

AB caught 15 TDs last year, Ben will throw 30+, and Juju is far and away the top option in the red zone, so I'm comfortable with that 10.  Juju is tied with Beckham for 4th best vegas odds to lead the league in TDs, which makes me more comfortable with the 10.  In fact, you could reasonably hope for 12-14.  In standard, he is my WR4, in a tier with Tyreek, Beckham, Adams, and Hopkins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I see targets increasing to 180, 120 rec, 1450 yds, and 10 TDs.  This projection is PPR WR1 OVERALL material. 

AB caught 15 TDs last year, Ben will throw 30+, and Juju is far and away the top option in the red zone, so I'm comfortable with that 10.  Juju is tied with Beckham for 4th best vegas odds to lead the league in TDs, which makes me more comfortable with the 10.  In fact, you could reasonably hope for 12-14.  In standard, he is my WR4, in a tier with Tyreek, Beckham, Adams, and Hopkins.

You are very wise my friend. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I want him this year. I read that he avg'd 22pts a game without AB on the field

Yeah people are too low on him because he’s “unproven”. As if his 1400 yards and 111 catches the year before didn’t mean anything. Every #2 WR next to brown has put up those numbers. Oh wait... no one has ever had 1000 yards next to AB. Hmmmm. 

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I want him this year. I read that he avg'd 22pts a game without AB on the field

That's 2 games at the end of 2017 and one in 1. Not exactly what we call "statistically significant", but still, he averaged 6.7 targets, 85 yd and a TD in those games.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Would you be able to, or willing to provide a source or link for the Vegas odd that show this? I've never used anything from Vegas in my draft strategy, however I'd like to see what you're seeing because that's an interesting wrinkle.

1 hour ago, Semitar said:

Would you be able to, or willing to provide a source or link for the Vegas odd that show this? I've never used anything from Vegas in my draft strategy, however I'd like to see what you're seeing because that's an interesting wrinkle.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/nfl-individual-season-stats-leader-odds

Vegas generally knows things.  Other interesting tidbits:

- Andrew Luck tied with Mahomes for passing TD odds.  Very interesting...

- Vegas is bullish on Henry, both rush yards and TDs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
14 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Interesting Indeed.

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Vegas doesn't set odds based on predictions. They set odds based on what they think people will do and what the people are betting on. The entire goal of Vegas is to get as close to 50/50 on each side of a bet. Vegas being bullish on Henry probably means the public is bullish on him not the people setting the bets. 

• Thanks 1

This guy is going to have a HUGE opportunity to put up some numbers.  I think his talent gets a little overrated, but he could end up pushing 200 targets by year end, and in a good offense.  Would not be surprised if this time next year we're debating if he's the #1 WR off the board.  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I think it's a no-brainer with AB gone JuJu will have the most targets in the NFL this year.

Will be tough to beat Julio in receiving yards but I think he does it. I also think he leads the NFL in TD receptions. 190-200 targets, 1,500yds, 12TDs.

Tell them my man! He’s a beast on a pass happy offense with a HOF QB still in his prime. I think he has a solid shot at the WR1 finish with some touchdown luck. 

Anyone see Juju's reception perception?  It's....not great.  Particularly against press coverage.  I worry about how he'll respond to the double teams now that AB is gone and JAGs around him in the receiver room.  A lot of his production was sitting in open windows in the zone that might not be so open this time around.  Assuming his slot % stays elevated, he will obviously be very, very good, but I like the guys going around him more.  Starting to think the RBs are going to be the best fantasy producers for the Steelers and Juju could disappoint folks.

7 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Anyone see Juju's reception perception?  It's....not great.  Particularly against press coverage.  I worry about how he'll respond to the double teams now that AB is gone and JAGs around him in the receiver room.  A lot of his production was sitting in open windows in the zone that might not be so open this time around.  Assuming his slot % stays elevated, he will obviously be very, very good, but I like the guys going around him more.  Starting to think the RBs are going to be the best fantasy producers for the Steelers and Juju could disappoint folks.

Double coverage is sparingly used in the NFL and an overrated assumption for disparaging a #1 receiver option. If you like others, understood, but don't fade Juju because you're worried about double teams.

25 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Also Pittsburgh does an amazing job scheming WR’s open. 

Juju is going to be one of the more interesting players to watch this year.

i honestly don’t know what to expect from him now that Antonio is gone...

He should see an uptick in targets, but I’ll be curious to see if he’s as successful without Brown on the field, cause, let’s be honest, neither Moncrief or Washington is Brown. 

I think he’ll have a great season, I’m just teetering back and forth on whether he is going to match his 111-1,400 line from last year. 

Personally, I’m staying away from his ADP 15-17...if he were to somehow drop to the 20s (which isn’t likely), I might consider taking him.

should be fun to see PITs offense nonetheless without Antonio Brown. 

7 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Personally, I’m staying away from his ADP 15-17...if he were to somehow drop to the 20s (which isn’t likely), I might consider taking him.

You’ll regret this my friend, everyone said his ADP was to high last year too. The kid is a baller. Draft him as a top 5 WR with confidence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1