Rotoworld.com Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

On 8/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different caliber of poster.

Go back to the Croquet forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

On 8/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different caliber of poster.

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
On 8/24/2019 at 4:21 PM, Tommy Lee Jones said:

They gotta eat, bro. So many mouths to feed and only one plate. 

On 8/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, CawCaw said:

I agree with this. I am not saying JuJu is going to fall off the face of the earth, but being thrust into that #1 Role with the shutdown CB on him at all time I see his production going down. 

But thats the thing most teams don't move their top corner to the slot.  Where Juju plays a good amount of his snaps.

Edited by youngrice
On 8/24/2019 at 11:16 PM, CawCaw said:

I agree with this. I am not saying JuJu is going to fall off the face of the earth, but being thrust into that #1 Role with the shutdown CB on him at all time I see his production going down. 

JuJu generally did ok when #1 (ie without AB). It's only 3 games, so it's hard to draw any fixed conclusions from it, but it's not really an indictment against him.

image.png.eb7c25f9b3e000a03c6f74918e96261c.png

People do realize that not every team has a "shutdown" corner right? And the number one WR isn't double teamed on every single play. The not being able to handle the #1 spot argument is a huge exaggeration imo. The targets, play calling, qb, and talent give juju a very safe floor with unlimited upside

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Last year it was "Fade JuJu, he only did well when he was the #1 WR with AB injured"

This year it's "Fade JuJu, he'll see #1 CB's without AB"

Neither of those is correct, so the correct move is to fade anyone who tells you that.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jay2491 said:

People do realize that not every team has a "shutdown" corner right? And the number one WR isn't double teamed on every single play. The not being able to handle the #1 spot argument is a huge exaggeration imo. The targets, play calling, qb, and talent give juju a very safe floor with unlimited upside

People don't realize that players can lineup anywhere, they assume it's always one side on the outside against the cb1, it's never the case

12 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Last year it was "Fade JuJu, he only did well when he was the #1 WR with AB injured"

Actually last year it had nothing to do with Juju.  It was that he only had 44 for 699 and 5tds in games he played with Brown.  Which went in line with all second WR's in a Big Ben lead offense.  Before last year their had only been one number 2 wr in a Big Ben offense that reached 1000 yds and that was brown in 11(he only had 2 tds).  The next year Brown had 800 yds and didn't blow up until they got rid of Wallace the next year.  I am all in on Juju this year because of those facts.  Ben might not be the best QB in the league but he will force feed his top target especially when he doesn't have a good number 2.  Wouldn't be surprised to see Juju finish as the top WR this year.

• Like 3

Well guys, I'm all in hahaa

Not sure where you guys took him, maybe I overvalued him but when Cook came off the board right in front of my in round 2 and there was a big drop to the next tier of RBs, I pulled the trick on the Shuste. 

All Aboarrddd JuuuuuuJuuuuuuuu. 🚄

Really wanted to own JuJu this year, but wasn't willing to spend a 2nd round pick on him in my two snake drafts because I like to go RB/RB the first two rounds.  Since my last draft was an auction, I made it my goal to get him.  I overpaid a little bit by spending the same amount that I paid for Nuk ($49), but I am super excited to have him on one of my teams this season. 

On 9/5/2019 at 12:16 PM, street sharks said:

You guys are kidding yourselves if you don't think he's going to see a ton of targets. The Steelers already throw a ton and Ben loves to zero in on one guy, and that's obviously Juju this year

Ben has always supported 2 WR's quite well for fantasy I think. I think Washington can be as useful as JuJu was last year. But yes, Ben feeds his #1 very well for sure. JuJu will get a ton of targets each & every week.

On 9/5/2019 at 9:45 AM, chief79 said:

Really wanted to own JuJu this year, but wasn't willing to spend a 2nd round pick on him in my two snake drafts because I like to go RB/RB the first two rounds.  Since my last draft was an auction, I made it my goal to get him.  I overpaid a little bit by spending the same amount that I paid for Nuk ($49), but I am super excited to have him on one of my teams this season. 

$49 for Nuk is a bargain

• Thanks 1

Entering Antonio Brown's 4th year in the league, Mike Wallace was let go and Brown took over the #1 spot.  He would produce 110-1499-8 that year, start of a 6 year stretch as the top receiver in fantasy.  Great receivers tend to make that big leap in their 3rd or 4th year.  JuJu is entering year 3.  Steelers dumped their future hall of famer to hand JuJu the #1 spot.  JuJu had 111-1426-7 in just his 2nd year, at age 21.  It's scary to think what that 3rd year leap and #1 spot could bump him to.  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Entering Antonio Brown's 4th year in the league, Mike Wallace was let go and Brown took over the #1 spot.  He would produce 110-1499-8 that year, start of a 6 year stretch as the top receiver in fantasy.  Great receivers tend to make that big leap in their 3rd or 4th year.  JuJu is entering year 3.  Steelers dumped their future hall of famer to hand JuJu the #1 spot.  JuJu had 111-1426-7 in just his 2nd year, at age 21.  It's scary to think what that 3rd year leap and #1 spot could bump him to.  

I choose to believe this. 

54 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Ben has always supported 2 WR's quite well for fantasy I think. I think Washington can be as useful as JuJu was last year. But yes, Ben feeds his #1 very well for sure. JuJu will get a ton of targets each & every week.

Actually he hasn't supported two WR's.  As I posted earlier Ben has only had one season with 2 1000 yd WR's(Wallace and Brown),  that year Brown only had 2 tds.  

20 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Actually he hasn't supported two WR's.  As I posted earlier Ben has only had one season with 2 1000 yd WR's(Wallace and Brown),  that year Brown only had 2 tds.  

I’ve been saying this for weeks, everyone keeps saying the value is in Moncreif or Washington but it really isn’t. Juju is going to feast this year. I truly believe he will be the #1 WR in fantasy. 

24 minutes ago, youngrice said:

There was last year.  And almost the year before (917 for 20 year old JuJu).

27 minutes ago, Chardo said:

There was last year.  And almost the year before (917 for 20 year old JuJu).

Was speaking of the pre Juju years.  When Pitt had very good WR2's for some of them(Brown, Sanders).  Also the 917 the year before with Juju is misleading.  Since Juju got 334 and 2 tds in the three games Brown was injured.  If you go by his average in the first 13 games alongside Brown he would of ended up 720.

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

It can be argued those numbers are skewed a bit as 80+ targets or so were going to LeVeon Bell than to another WR for a number of years. And I don't think you need to be a 1000 yard receiver to be fantasy relevant but that's another topic.

It just seems through Ben's career, there's an A target and a B target. Ward & Plaxico, Ward & Holmes, Ward & Wallace/Brown, Wallace & Brown, Brown & Bell, Brown & JuJu....and now, JuJu & WHO? This is what has me excited...JuJu is the heir of the A-targets. He is going to get as many targets as he can handle.

Solid outing considering how bad the Steelers were. Someone else definitely needs to step up or it’s gonna be a long year. 

I watched JuJu on every play and felt he could have had another 4 or 5 catches but Ben decided to go somewhere else. I’ve got a feeling next week it’s gonna be all Juju and Conner . Besides Washington’s long catch there didn’t seem to be any other receiver interested in playing tonight

• Like 3