Boudewijn

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, BRIGUY11 said:

Solid outing considering how bad the Steelers were. Someone else definitely needs to step up or it’s gonna be a long year. 

I watched JuJu on every play and felt he could have had another 4 or 5 catches but Ben decided to go somewhere else. I’ve got a feeling next week it’s gonna be all Juju and Conner . Besides Washington’s long catch there didn’t seem to be any other receiver interested in playing tonight

Its the Pats.  They are good at scheming to take away the teams top option.

Stephon Gilmore made JuJu nonexistent holy s---

Garbage time saved him tbh. But he's obviously going to be fine against probably any other corner.

Edited by sSektor
  • Like 1

Big toe “sprain.”

2 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

#Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster hurt his toe on the final drive of the game. Tells reporters that he expects to be ready to go for week 2.

Ugh...hopefully not a turf-toe situation. Of course he says that now, but fully expecting a questionable tag leading up to Sunday morning pregame 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

#Steelers WR JuJu Smith-Schuster hurt his toe on the final drive of the game. Tells reporters that he expects to be ready to go for week 2.

Very worried here. I’ve watched that replay a bunch and there’s no way it’s just a “toe” injury. His ankle snapped 45 degrees in a direction it shouldn’t and was dragged underneath a grown a** man. 

Also, lets say it was a toe injury, is that supposed to good? Toe injuries are terrible for receivers - ask AJ Green and his season ending toe injury last year!

Edited by Tierjerk
  • Like 2

While it’s only one game and JuJu will get his I find it quite odd how people didn’t expect the offense to not be nearly as good after losing arguably the best RB and WR of the decade. 

• Like 2

the arguments coming into the season was juju was only successful cause AB getting all the attention. not sure if you can fully come to that conclusion after this game as the steelers in general sucked. 

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

the arguments coming into the season was juju was only successful cause AB getting all the attention. not sure if you can fully come to that conclusion after this game as the steelers in general sucked. 

This entire offense might struggle. It seems elementary, but many drops tonight. Juju “Q” it appears going into week 2.

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Stephon Gilmore made JuJu nonexistent holy s---

Garbage time saved him tbh. But he's obviously going to be fine against probably any other corner.

The Patriots entire defensive strategy is to shut down a team's best playmaker and make everyone else beat you. This is the kind of game I was expecting tonight

To be honest, for how dismal and deflated the Steelers were, Juju performed solidly. Big Ben went deep more than I expected but there were a handful of plays where Juju could’ve rattled off 8-20 yard gains if thrown to. 

I’m somewhat relieved that the toe injury is being downplayed but I have suspicion that week 2 will be a frustrating one for Juju owners. Big Ben didn’t force feed him like he used to do with Brown and that was a bit worrisome as I somewhat expected it, ESPECIALLY in garbage time.

Edited by Tierjerk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, brosephd said:

AB never performed well against the Patriots either. New England has a strong D and can takeaway other teams’ #1. JuJu will be fine.

12 minutes ago, street sharks said:

The Patriots entire defensive strategy is to shut down a team's best playmaker and make everyone else beat them. This is the kind of game I was expecting tonight

Quoting this for emphasis

Edited by street sharks

2 minutes ago, cyberwatty said:

Every player that has had turf toe has seen a drop in their stats from my recollection. This could be bad while it heals. 

It says just escaped turf toe...

Just now, Szer0 said:

It says just escaped turf toe...

I missed that. I am skeptical of any injury that is made to sound minor. If he doesn't have turf toe then you shouldn't have any worries about his outlook, but I if I see his performance drop in the next couple of weeks I'm blaming it on the his toe rather than skill. 

2 minutes ago, cyberwatty said:

I missed that. I am skeptical of any injury that is made to sound minor. If he doesn't have turf toe then you shouldn't have any worries about his outlook, but I if I see his performance drop in the next couple of weeks I'm blaming it on the his toe rather than skill. 

Ummmm... ProFootballDoc's injury prediction record... Make as you will...

They need to pound the rock with Conner and use some play action. That was absolutely awful gameplan and adjustment. Moncrief should be dropped, not just by fantasy owners, but by the team. The offense literally ran through moncrief lastnight, as belichick had hoped. Juju looked fine himself

2 hours ago, scheibler said:

They need to pound the rock with Conner and use some play action. That was absolutely awful gameplan and adjustment. Moncrief should be dropped, not just by fantasy owners, but by the team. The offense literally ran through moncrief lastnight, as belichick had hoped. Juju looked fine himself

You can basically throw out last night's game.  The Steelers are almost always awful in Week 1, and Tomlin is usually always severely out-coached by Belichick in New England.  Next week's matchup is going to be rough for the running game again, but I don't expect them to look anywhere near that awful all around regardless.

Have to assume the toe injury isn't anything major even if he's getting sent for X-rays, which he is, so if anything this would be a chance for people to potentially buy low on JuJu.  I know it's only one game and I know it sounds crazy, but there are people out there that react that quickly.  Regardless, JuJu should be fine moving forward.  I'll take this as a potential down week.

• Like 1

I agree its a throw out game.  I think its promising that none of the other steelers wrs stepped up and had good games.  juju will be fine, cant base anything on the pats gameplan and gilmore

• Like 1