Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, RUGOO said:

I agree its a throw out game.  I think its promising that none of the other steelers wrs stepped up and had good games.  juju will be fine, cant base anything on the pats gameplan and gilmore

The fact that nobody stepped up is good and bad.  Good that obviously he'll get as many targets as he can handle, but bad because he'll get double teamed a ton by teams if nobody steps up.  At the end of the day, he'll be fine either way.  It's not like Antonio Brown and others around the league can't beat double teams and still have fantastic seasons.  And again, maybe somebody will step up once they play a game where their heads aren't in their asses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

The fact that nobody stepped up is good and bad.  Good that obviously he'll get as many targets as he can handle, but bad because he'll get double teamed a ton by teams if nobody steps up.  At the end of the day, he'll be fine either way.  It's not like Antonio Brown and others around the league can't beat double teams and still have fantastic seasons.  And again, maybe somebody will step up once they play a game where their heads aren't in their asses.

Well, seems like Moncrief won't be the guy stepping up. Man, he looked awful...not even all the drops, his rounded off routes were a disgrace. I think Washington and even the rook can step in and give this team the boost/field stretching they need to allow Juju to operate as the alpha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Well, seems like Moncrief won't be the guy stepping up. Man, he looked awful...not even all the drops, his rounded off routes were a disgrace. I think Washington and even the rook can step in and give this team the boost/field stretching they need to allow Juju to operate as the alpha.

Yeah, can't argue that Moncrief wasn't awful.  It's only one game, so can't write him off completely yet, but I was actually excited when they signed him.  We'll see, but whatever at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Yeah, can't argue that Moncrief wasn't awful.  It's only one game, so can't write him off completely yet, but I was actually excited when they signed him.  We'll see, but whatever at the moment.

If it was only 1 game id agree. Dudes been in the league for YEARS. This is who he is. Opposing teams dont beed to worry about him, and that hurts juju.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FFdisciple said:

I never truly felt like JuJu can take a #1 WR position.  He flurishes behind a true #1 

I was worried about this as well but took him anyway just based on anticipated volume.   Which I think he'll still have.   But it does look like he could get shut down in certain weeks.  Assuming someone else doesn't step up and help open the field. 

I probably put too much stock in some analysts that had him as a top 3 WR.   It went against what I was thinking.  But as long as he's OK, I'm not going to feel too bad about it as my decision was between him and Hill.

 

Edited by K197040
Link to post
Share on other sites

all you guys freaking out about Juju, he still had 13 points against what is probably going to be the best corner he has to play this year. He outscored Davante Adams, mike Evans, Tyreek Hill (injury, I know) and finished just behind Odell. It’s week 1. Relax. I was a solid showing for the kid, I expect he will be getting more targets next week with the way Moncreif played as well. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

all you guys freaking out about Juju, he still had 13 points against what is probably going to be the best corner he has to play this year. He outscored Davante Adams, mike Evans, Tyreek Hill (injury, I know) and finished just behind Odell. It’s week 1. Relax. I was a solid showing for the kid, I expect he will be getting more targets next week with the way Moncreif played as well. 

 

He got 13 pts in a game they scored 3.  Imagine when they score 30. He’ll be fine.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, street sharks said:

You guys are complaining about 13.8 points when a guy who was being drafted ahead of him, OBJ, got 14.1 points. And the Patriots are better at taking away a #1 threat than the Titans are. I'm not worried at all, and you shouldn't be either

Yeah...but I could have got Hollywood and Ross for almost free and started them.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Yeah...but I could have got Hollywood and Ross for almost free and started them.  

Too bad you're not a fortune teller. If you ever started Ross or Hollywood over Juju you'd be considered a dumb-dumb. Just cause it paid off this one week doesn't mean it's a theme.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oliminator123 said:

Too bad you're not a fortune teller. If you ever started Ross or Hollywood over Juju you'd be considered a dumb-dumb. Just cause it paid off this one week doesn't mean it's a theme.

It was a joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more worried about his toe than his performance vs one of the league's best corners. Anyone know if big Ben and juju had many reps in preseason? Maybe they were a bit rusty and facing the pats defense didn't help

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...