Rotoworld.com Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

Look at all this cope. "Mason Rudolph is good". Yea, Minshew looked good too when he stepped in for Foles. Back ups come in and the opposing defense did not game plan for them. This happens a lot. Dont get your hopes up. I have Schuster, I'm not happy about this

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Look at all this cope. "Mason Rudolph is good". Yea, Minshew looked good too when he stepped in for Foles. Back ups come in and the opposing defense did not game plan for them. This happens a lot. Dont get your hopes up. I have Schuster, I'm not happy about this

Agreed.  Hopes were high, and arguably too high to start the year when in reality JuJu was benefiting greatly from the coverage to stop Antonio Brown, but was being drafted as if he were Antonio Brown.  Fast Forward to Big Ben's injury, and I think its reasonable to downgrade him even further.  At this point, we're looking at likely a 4th-5th Round WR the likes of Kenny Golladay.  Even that may even be optimistic, as I'd prefer Larry Fitzgerald over him, personally.

I think he's a solid WR 2 at this point.  If you took him to be wr1 you could be in trouble but I still think hes got value.  Rudolph will launch bombs and will still pepper him with targets.  the steeler WRs have been garbage so far so they dont have anywhere else to go.  that pass d is trash also.  over reaction, hes still someone you want in your starting lineup.

29 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I wouldn't compare the Jags to the Steelers & I wouldn't compare Minshew to Rudolph.

Rudolph IS good. The way Roethlisberger looked, my hopes weren't exactly sky high to begin with. He has looked awful these first 2 games...1 1/2 games...like Byron Leftwich his last 2 seasons bad. If anything, this injury to Ben gives me hope for JuJu....his one big grab & many of his targets came after Ben left the game.

How does that not give at least some hope that a young, inexperienced but very talented QB looks to his obvious #1 WR almost immediately upon entering? These are things that may not work for real football but are very useful for fantasy football.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah let's be clear here. Big Ben did not look good through the first couple games. That being said, sometimes guys start slow to a season only to regain their normal level of production. If you wanna sell Juju, fine. But don't do it until after Week 3 when we can see what the rookie can do

32 minutes ago, RUGOO said:

I think he's a solid WR 2 at this point.  If you took him to be wr1 you could be in trouble but I still think hes got value.  Rudolph will launch bombs and will still pepper him with targets.  the steeler WRs have been garbage so far so they dont have anywhere else to go.  that pass d is trash also.  over reaction, hes still someone you want in your starting lineup.

Juju’s ADP was around 10 and no later than 15. Who could’ve possibly drafted him expecting him to be anything other than their WR1?

8 teams or less leagues? 

36 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I wouldn't compare the Jags to the Steelers & I wouldn't compare Minshew to Rudolph.

Rudolph IS good. The way Roethlisberger looked, my hopes weren't exactly sky high to begin with. He has looked awful these first 2 games...1 1/2 games...like Byron Leftwich his last 2 seasons bad. If anything, this injury to Ben gives me hope for JuJu....his one big grab & many of his targets came after Ben left the game.

How does that not give at least some hope that a young, inexperienced but very talented QB looks to his obvious #1 WR almost immediately upon entering? These are things that may not work for real football but are very useful for fantasy football.

10 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

People acting like Big Ben was ballin or something... hes old and obviously declining.. maybe Steelers will be better with a fresh new arm and young guy with potential. He made some nice throws when he stepped in. There is some optimism here. 

Ben had 1 crappy game against the New England machine and then was clearly hurt this last game.  Maybe Rudolph is better than Big Ben with a broken elbow but you didn’t draft JuJu knowing Big Ben had a ****** up elbow.  You drafted JuJu with the idea that he was the #1 WR for a QB that just threw for 5k yards last year.

• Like 3

Not overly concerned. Rudolph has a good o-line with some weapons. How about we let them try to install an actual offensive system now that Ben isn't there to basically run it himself. Juju is on pace for a 90-1,300 season and made nice grabs with Rudolph in the game. It's way too soon to panic. 

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Juju’s ADP was around 10 and no later than 15. Who could’ve possibly drafted him expecting him to be anything other than their WR1?

8 teams or less leagues? 

I drafted him with pick #21, not sure who I would have taken that was still available at this point, so I guess I can't complain too much, but I am not feeling well about this situation.

29 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Ben had 1 crappy game against the New England machine and then was clearly hurt this last game.  Maybe Rudolph is better than Big Ben with a broken elbow but you didn’t draft JuJu knowing Big Ben had a ****** up elbow.  You drafted JuJu with the idea that he was the #1 WR for a QB that just threw for 5k yards last year.

I drafted him with the idea that he was going to soak up many of the targets left behind by AB's departure to add to an already fantasy-acceptable workload he already had. He's still going to get those. Barring injury, JuJu is a set-and-forget WR. That has not changed in my mind.

Rudolph is perfectly capable of feeding JuJu and I expect PIT will work this week to get his college teammate Washington more involved, something they should have done all along instead of bring the stiff Moncrief in. Of course, if the Steelers look better next week people will say it's because SF isn't as good as SEA or NE....

2 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I drafted him with the idea that he was going to soak up many of the targets left behind by AB's departure to add to an already fantasy-acceptable workload he already had. He's still going to get those. Barring injury, JuJu is a set-and-forget WR. That has not changed in my mind.

Rudolph is perfectly capable of feeding JuJu and I expect PIT will work this week to get his college teammate Washington more involved, something they should have done all along instead of bring the stiff Moncrief in. Of course, if the Steelers look better next week people will say it's because SF isn't as good as SEA or NE....

You don’t think healthy Big Ben targets are worth substantially more than Rudolph targets?

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

Well at least there is a built in excuse when he doesn't return antonio brown numbers

No, people were always worried, without the threat of AB as your #1, how will Juju do when cast into that spot.  AB may be crazy, but he's a beast.

In all likelihood this guy is going to correlate very highly with non-playoff teams.  (Anyone remember that season pre-Watson that Hopkins was just terrible; or the year Allen Robinson went in the late first round and bombed?)  But that doesn't mean you just cut bait on him.  What you're hoping for is one of three things:

1.  Rudolph is decent
2.  Team does poorly, and gets a lot of garbage time in second half 
3.  Other WRs continue to be terrible and Juju gets so many junk targets that he puts up numbers regardless.  

Keep in mind that if Pittsburgh loses this week at San Francisco, their season is basically over at 0-3 with no quarterback.  (They won't admit it but they'll be hoping to go 10-3 with a backup QB just so they can go on the road for the entirety of the playoffs, that's hardly a good situation.)  Weird things tend to happen on teams like that; I don't know if that'll be positive or negative.  

16 minutes ago, mjb said:

No, people were always worried, without the threat of AB as your #1, how will Juju do when cast into that spot.  AB may be crazy, but he's a beast.

This does happen to players sometimes.  Remember when Alvin Harper left Dallas to be a #1 and everyone was convinced he was going to ball out?